Does DRC suck?

Feel free to disprove me by blinding me with La Tache or a Romanee Conti. Preferably a '71.

I’m sure that Rudy’s got just the bottle for you. Just wait 'til he gets out of prison.

Totally sucks- can’t wait for everyone to prove me wrong.

We has a 59 La Tache from a magnum that was corked. It sucked.

I had the 71 DRC RC in March - it didn’t suck. Neither did the 78, 85, 86, 88, 99, and 01 La Tache at that same tasting…

Yes, the 1990 Romanee St. Vivant I tried in 2000 was tough as nails and those 2007’s definitely sucked [swoon.gif] so therefore all DRC must suck. Too many vineyards, definitely not focused. [wink.gif]

I’ll prove you wrong in about 20 years when my DRCs are that old.

I dunno man- uneven as said above too many vineyards…I’ll come down 35th and we can wallow in the suckitude.

Yeah DRC totally sucks. I had one with pizza last night and it was kind of New World-y. If they had some decent vineyards it might be different.

Where did the tasting group place it? 8/8?

I thought it was OK until I heard that these wines from some outfit called Domaine Serene were rated higher than DRC in an elite competition. I then poured all my RC and La Tache down the drain to make room… and did the same thing with all my Bordeaux today after reading Virginia Cabernet was voted better. Did I make a mistake?

Agree that the '07 DRC’s suck…

will welcome any invitation
I’ll bring Texier

Yes - DRC sucks.

They do not care and just dump the grapes with their stems in the vat pileon

If it’s so good, why don’t you see more people drinking it?

Riddled with ladybugs every vintage.

1983 Richebourg that I had a couple of weeks ago totally sucked! Too much of that mature, complex secondary and tertiary stuff that I hate in older DRC!! If only it would have had some rot, then it would have been a bit better.

DRC most definitely doesn’t suck, but it just isn’t as good as Domaine Serene.

…except in 1994 and 2004.

They’ve definitely gone downhill.

Note that to disprove this statement a vertical is necessary…