TN: 2007 Sleight of Hand The Illusionist (USA, Washington, Columbia Valley)

• 2007 Sleight of Hand The Illusionist - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (9/25/2012)
    This bottle was a reminder of why I enjoy Sleight of Hand wines so much. Without being overly cerebral, this offers a nice layered complexity on the nose and palate that is both very easy to drink and also very satisfying when you pause to soak in the aromas and flavors. Graphite, dark cherries and spice, medium weight on the palate with a decent finish. Not a stunner, but deeply enjoyable.

Posted from CellarTracker

I haven’t had a SoH wine yet, but would consider doing so after reading this tn

Thanks for the note, I have a couple bottles of this stashed and may be unearthing them soon. Enjoyed a SofH 08 Archimage beside a 08 DeLille D2 and the Archimage was definitely the hands down winner.

Not only is Trey (SofH) making some great wines (and his quality seems to be getting better and better each year), but he is a really awesome guy. I think any tasting room that has a turntable and a giant collection of vinyl, as well as a 50s era jukebox, is the place to be. Sleight of Hand is a must stop for us every time we visit Walla Walla.

Definitely stopping in sometime Friday Nov 2.