Anybody watching the Grammy's tonight? - Merged

I wasn’t planning on it, but I turned on the TV and it had just started.

Anyone at all see that trainwreck known as Whitney Houston??? She was so obviously high it was embarrasing. I feel sorry for her…wow.

I’m watching the Grammy’s right now. I haven’t watched them in years, but there was supposedly going to be a good line-up of performers, so I am watching. Just finishing up a duet with Al Green and Justin Timberlake. Justin sounds like he was plucked out of some second rate talent show compared to Rev. Al. Pretty pathetic.

Just finishing up out here on the East Coast…saw bits and pieces.

I gotta say, this mash-up with Jay-Z and Coldplay is sick. Even though I’m not a coldplay fan, this is rather nice…

At least they aren’t lip synching, but the sound level on some of the mics sucks.

whomever was in charge of the audio really fucked up. The singing is coming in and out and it gets drowned out by the instruments or everything has a huge echo.
Kinda interesting seeing Stevie Wonder sing with the Jonas Brothers and… Katie Perry can’t sing worth shit.

Edit: Watching the Paper Airplanes remix… SICK just SICK. I loved the remix on the radio, this is 1000000x better.

Ms. Houston needs to back away from the pipe.

The “rap Pack” idea was great. Both Jay Z and Kanye did it up. Then Lil’ wayne had to try and rap and ruin the whole thing. He’s useless.

Weird… I had a massive echo as well but also on 60 Minutes before the Grammys. I wonder if it was just a CBS HD screwup?

Holy Cow! Katy Perry (and the massive public-relations machine that accompanies her) who had the biggest single of the millennium, loses the Best Female Pop Vocal Grammy to Adele, a dark-horse underdog if ever there was one but honestly, a huge fave of mine and what a voice!) and who also claimed Best New Artist, mercifully denying The Jonas Brothers ( [highfive.gif] ) in the process…Robert Plant, looking like a stand-in for Mickey Rourke in “The Wrestler”, wins FIVE (with Alison Krauss), including Record AND Album of the Year, for songs nobody heard…and Rihanna gets beat up…?!!

I might be wrong, but aren’t those the first three signs of the Music Apocalypse?!!

BT

Absolutely…

ROFL my exact thoughts were “who the fuck is Robert Plant?”

The sound crew should have been shot on stage for the finale.

That duo with the song “Say” were the best thing. And, I have no idea who those two teenage girls singing were but, DAMN!, I want the cute blonde one’s guitar. What a GORGEOUS axe…