Looking for new opportunities

I hope this is ok… we’re helping people house hunt, etc. If this is not appropriate feel free to delete.

I’ve been doing consulting since 2003, and while quite lucrative, it isn’t fulfilling all my professional needs. Specifically I like being part of teams, and consultants are hired guns, always outsiders. In addition, I’m an 80 hour per week type guy, and consulting doesn’t provide those types of hours. Yes I may be crazy, to be asking for more hours and most likely a slightly smaller salary, but over time I’ve come to this conclusion. My current clients are aware of this so we’ve negotiated weekly to monthly contracts so I can make a move when the right opportunity strikes.

I am still willing to consult, I tend to find the next company to join through an initial consulting relationship, but my long term plans, 12 months out, are to find a team to join.

Travelling is fine, I love to travel. I’ll even relocate for the right position.

Anything from executive management to program management. It doesn’t necessarily need to be in science or nuclear. I’ve worked on Navy gun systems and for water purification companies. R&D to hands on production and QA. I have demonstrated strong leadership and organizational skills and take on all roles from strategic to tactical planning, business development and finance, to day to day operations.

Thanks.

My bio is on my consulting web page http://www.globalplatinumgroup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; so I won’t waste people’s time posting it here.

I know plenty of places around here you could work 80+ hours/week from late August-November. [cheers.gif]

I’ve always been impressed with the teamwork of the folks that fight the forest fires . . . man, they are a tight bunch. They also seem to manage to get all around the West. Free food too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, that sounds almost irresistible. [beee.gif]

They must wear more than just the Manolo’s. Not so good? [tease.gif]

Interesting because I’m actually looking for more consulting and contract programming business myself.