TN: 2006 Carlisle Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley (USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley)

• 2006 Carlisle Zinfandel Dry Creek Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley (7/6/2009)
    Phee-nah-min-al! This is a balanced baby, showing all the Zin-ish characteristics, leaning heavily on the dark-fruit end of the spectrum. Tannic structure is a tad weak, but given the “dance in the mouth” that it provides (alas, that TM is held by someone else), this is a rockin’ bottle. No heat whatsoever (15.9%), so hitting on all cylinders at this point.

No reason to hold back on the 06 DCV Zin, fer sher. [welldone.gif]

After a weekend that included several 06 and 05 Turleys, which all seemed just a bit out of whack (or maybe the setting caused it!), this was a phenom. flirtysmile

(91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Excellent. I need to crack some of the Carlisle zins this weekend!

Funny Stu, opened one of these on Friday and liked it, although I like the current 2005 Sonoma Cty better (which is really great). And I agree with the Turleys–had a couple of 2005s in the past week and continue to be unimpressed and the 2006s are hit or miss. The 2007 Turleys seem to be back to old form.

Walter - Turley is making a shit load of wine from what I hear…near 30,000 cases so it doesn’t surprise me there is some Hit and Miss.

Look forward to seeing you in less than a week!!