TN: from the last week or so

Tring to catch up on the past week or so of wines ive been drinking. not a complete list, but a good start

damiani rielsing 2008 - a pretty nice riesling from the finger lakes. we were turned onto them last year and stopped there again a few weeks ago. spatlese in style with apple, honey, and a nice floral note. pretty easy to drink and well balanced.

marc colin et fils chassagne-montrachet vieilles vignes 2004 - pretty fruit forward with tons of raspberry and some spice. this has gained some weight in the past year or so and has no green notes. tasty, but not particularly moving.

pazo senorans albarino 2008 - light, slight spritz. not too much going on and way overpriced in my opinion! dumped

abbazia di novacella sylvaner 2007 - i really like the kerner from these guys. the sylvaner was less pleasing. kind of musky nose and rich on the palate, but really not a lot going on in this bottle. also dumped

mantel blanco 2007 sauvignon blanc - now we are talking! (disclaimer, my store carries this wine…because it is great!) seemed like a touch of rs that i havent ever noticed in this bottle before. tons of tropical fruits, complex and rich. very aromatic. this is such a fun wine. not sure why i dont see more sauvignon blanc from spain if this is what it is capable of.

patz & hall “hyde” vineyard pinot noir 2006 - 4th time in a year with this bad boy, most of the time it has been out of 375 while this was a 750. showed a lot less evloved in the way the oak was presented. 375s were really balanced, the 750 needs some more time to absorb it all. so aromatic, spice, orange peel, raspberry, black cherry, yummy! medium weight with refreshing acidity. this is wonderful cali-pinot, hits my sweet spot.

domaine huet clos du bourg moelleux 1976 - opened last night as a birth year wine for my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. poured deep gold in color, almost looked like beer. it was a little cold at first and not giving, but once it opened up…LOOK OUT! very complex aromas of beeswax, honey, dried apricot, apple, just a wow nose! it started off medium bodied, but added some weight with air. still got some fruit to it, lots of various dried fruits, all kinds of flavors. the finish was a touch short, the fruit would die a little quickly but the acid would linger which was great. such a great bottle of juice!