TNs: 2001 Insignia and 2007 Roar Gary's pinot

2001 Insignia
Well, it was 60 degrees for fireworks here in the asshole of the US…so the wine stayed on the cooler side, which would have been great for most, but a little too cool for me. The nose on this was huge and expressive. Off the bat lots of BBQ, slim jim, and black pepper. With a little air (popped and poured, shouldve decanted) some violets and a little earth emerge. The palate had a little initial sweetness but the wine actually got cooler over time and showed some earth and dark fruits. The texture kept my interest the entire time. This wine still has very drying tannins that sit encapsulated almost on their own and at the very end. If it was so tannic throughout it would not have been enjoyable. This is a baby at age 8. I think if it was a little warmer I would have flipped for it, as it was, a great drink.

2007 Roar Gary’s
Same story. Great big American pinot nose. Again a little sweetness came through, as well as a bit of cinnamon. Cool blue fruit on the palate that never exploded like the last time I had it. A little oily quality to it that I actually found appealing. Long finish but a little muted due to temperature.

i missed out on the 07 Roar Garys’ but plan on buying Pisoni and Rosella with this upcoming release.

Love me some '01 Insignia

Cant wait Glenn…
Bill, you like it better than the 02? I think I do.

Most definitely like it better than the '02.

+1, but I’m going to let my remaining few bottles rest a while just the same.