Times they are a changin'

In with the new and out with the old?

• I like the new logo; its hot!
  • I like the old logo; tradition!
  • Who gives a $hit???

0 voters

I guess it was only a matter of time … Lets hear the comments on modernist movement in Bordeaux or is it a bastion of tradition?

How does the bottle label look?

Who gives a $hit??? is in poor taste

Ok just kidding neener newhere [oops.gif]

The “new” logo actually looks kinda retro, kinda in the style of the old deco '24 Mouton label.

I prefer the new one. I like the old one, and generally enjoy “tradition” but Troplong’s old wood box logo was never something people really took note of? Have you ever been to their barrel or tasting room? Hardly traditional. I welcome the change. Besides, they have to account for increased prices beyond a high review from Monkton.

The bottle’s the same but the new logo looks like the sign to a basement after hours club in Queen west in downtown TO

Question for Dan Posner, Max Marinucci, or others in the biz.

What do you guys make of the new bonded warehouse storage facilities in Bdx.
Just curious about potential implications.

I have not read up on the bonded warehouse plan too much, but a bonded warehouse would indicate tax savings. you have to pay the taxes at some point when the wine leaves anyways. How would Americans benefit from this? If you cannot buy directly from a Chateau there, what consumer benefit is there?

I don’t really care about the box or label. It’s what is in the bottle that I seek. TP and it’s wonderful owner the lovely (you should see her daughters) Christene Valette have been top notch in my book and heavily in my cellar for over 20 years.

Toilet Paper?