Vinfolio Marketplace

So I see I can now tag my wines for sale on CT, wondering how people are going about thinking about this process.

I guess there isn’t any wine I have that I wouldn’t sell for the right price, but wonder about the utility of spending the time going through the entire cellar assigning that pie in the sky price.

How is everyone else thinking about this new wrinkle in the wine world?

I wish there was a way to view my cellar and just do check boxes for the wines I’m willing to sell. As it is, it seems that one can either list the entire cellar, or go to each individual wine and mark it as ‘for sale’…

Todd,
I agree, a big spreadsheet edit page would speed the process up quite a bit.

It’s not easy, for sure. One has to set prices too. But it should be interesting to see what develops.

I think you can set prices if you want, but I don’t believe you have to. Why not just list the entire cellar for sale, and if an offer comes around for something you’d like to sell then you can accept it, and if not, you can reject it?

Seems the most simple and time efficient way to go since, if my understanding is correct, the ultimate prices will be set largely by buyer’s bids.

Im not really interested in selling any of my wine, but Ive thought about it because I have a bunch sitting at Vinfolio…if you tag your whole cellar for sale without a price, and you own very sought after bottles (SQN, high end burgs, FGs and the likes) I would imagine youd get an inbox full of shitty offers “just to see if I get lucky.” That was my first thought.