12 Angry men: Who Are They

What are the names of John Kapon’s 12 Angry Men and their nicknames?

I know Rob Rosania is one. Who are the others and what are their nicknames?

I have no idea. But if they were angry then, they gotta be downright furious right about now…

My favorite is the eVictor…and they have a HillBilly too. [wow.gif]

Is King Angry one of them?

O yeah!

Why do you want to know?

They have been scarce-to-nonexistent on the wine boards for some time now, to be sure. Also, there was a public statement the group had disbanded, although some of the former members continue to drink together. My sense is that it all rather parallels the history of the rock band Journey, with (metaphorically speaking) Rudy replacing Steve Perry (and Steve Augeri) as the lead singer. Some of you may recall that, during the transition, the band was accused of employing fake (pre-recorded, a la Milli Vanilli) vocals. And indeed, I bet that some of that set are wondering if Rudy is singing right now, and about whom!

Why not?

Paul, I won’t generalize about all members of that group, because I think that there are distinctions to be made, but when you consider the ugly American, conspicious consumer that is Rob Rosania, not only by reputation but also as evidenced by his sometimes arrogant and condescending posts seen on the wine boards from time to time, it no doubt does some souls good to ponder the quantity and price of phony wine that has traversed his palate. In addition, several major wine critics are also touched by the Rudy fraud (victims and not perpetrators), as were the Angries (or at least some of them). Kapon, of course, is at the epicenter…

Yet, I bet he never will admit to being fooled. The thought of the ‘millions’ of dollars he must have pissed away makes me chuckle a bit.

12 Angry Men:

Martin Balsam … #1
John Fiedler … #2
Lee J. Cobb … #3
E.G. Marshall … #4
Jack Klugman … #5
Edward Binns … #6
Jack Warden … #7
Henry Fonda … #8
Joseph Sweeney … #9
Ed Begley … #10
George Voskovec … #11
Robert Webber … #12

What? you meant John Kapon’s 12 Angry Men?
Nevermind.

12 guys too old to be referring to themselves by nicknames.

Jefery Levy = Hollywood Jef
Rob Rosania = Big Boy
Ray Tuppatsch = King Angry
Edward Milstein = The Punisher
??? = The Bone Collector
??? = The Pope
King Angry = The Cardinal (it was noted in one of their tastings that KA became The Cardinal)
??? = The Hillbilly
??? = The Big Ticket
??? = Bad Boy Bruce
??? = The Don

King Angry = Ray Tuppatsch

I was hoping this was going to be 12 Angry Berserkers. Boooooo…

Bill, agreed. I was hoping this was not going to become some witch hunt or a thread full of generalizations solely based on being a member of a wine group.

I think the Punisher is Edward Milstein

Another named here: Gang of Pour - Brad Baker's Tasting Notes - 12 Angry Men

I’m angry AT roughly 12 Berserkers much of the time - does that count?

[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

The emotion is well known and is called “Schadenburg” or “Schadenlumber”.