Who is the Biggest Oversize Bottle Offender?

I nominate the Aston Pinot Noirs. They won’t fit in any rack and i can barely get my hand around the 750 ml bottle. Others?

Pax sure fit that description!

Bob Hudson ,in Miami; We opened & drank a 27 liter bottle for his 65Th Birthday !!!

Le Moines bottles annoy me…another reason not to buy them.

Turley

These get my vote; the punts seem almost big enough to fit your whole hand in.

The worst I have are from Cristom in Oregon. I must say, I have been surprised and impressed by how many wineries have backed off on the super fat bottles in the last few years.

Vina Montes Purple Angel Carmenere.

Saw this today… these are each 750ml bottles. The one on the left weights 1.2kg!!! Empty!! I thought the biggest Cab bottle out there was Pahlmeyer, until I saw this. I was blown away. You can’t even see through it! You could hide Iran’s nuclear weapons program in there.

The one on the left looks suspiciously like the one Chappellet used for its Pritchard Hill bottling back in the late '90s. Damn thing could have been used as a boat anchor.

My bottles of Cristom and Turley fit in my rack. The Baron de L does not.

Au Bon Climat Pinot Noir Isabelle is huge.

Fwiw, I asked Mounir why the big ol’ bottles: that is apparently the size that bottles in Burgundy used to be prior to their industrial manufacture. Still doesn’t make it cool for 65% of the racking out there, but…it’s not just to be big for bigger’s sake.

Ta-da!

Roy, do you know what the cost differential is for these huge bottles?

Alban Seymour is certainly up there.

Native 9 was the largest 750 I’ve ever owned, the thing weighed a ton.

Yes, the smaller bottle was $14 per case and the larger, $74.

Yikes. That works out to about $10/bottle at retail, with typical markups applied. A lot to pay to obtain a PIA.

[wow.gif] Quick! Let’s see how many inappropriate jokes we can make in the next 20 seconds! [wow.gif]