Anthill Chardonnay?

I just saw in IWC that AF has a Campbell chard with a suggested price of $16. Has anyone tried this or know anything about it?

That’s funny, yesterday they had this wine listed under Knez.

That makes sense since Knez does make chard.

They have often made a “one-time special” and sold it cheap. For example, the 2007 Timber Crest Farms cabernet sauvignon from Dry Creek Valley, which was $25 and a kick ass great cab in a restrained, balanced style. So maybe the chardonnay is something like that.

Maybe the person who posted the note is confused. Knez’s winemaker is Anthony Filibert one out of the Anthill Trio. I’m pretty surte that there is only Pinot and Syrah planted at Campbell Ranch. The only fruit source in Anthill’s line-up I know of who has Chard planted is Peter’s Vineyard. Who knows?

Yes, I still have that wine. The Pinot Gris was also quite interesting.

At pick-up day last month, they poured a Chard, IIRC, from Campbell Ranch. I wasn’t impressed, but it was awfully young so who knows how it will develop?

Email just came out on this - not sure how you even drive a truck out to Annapolis for $18 per bottle… I’m in for a few at that price, as I’m a sucker for a “true” SC wine.

Resurrected!

Just got an email as well and not much comment on the wine. Surprised they didn’t serve this as the IPOB event in SF.

Anyone sample this recently?

Didn’t see this thread, but just started one - I went in for 6. I have always found their reasonably priced pfferings a good value.