What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
LMD Ermitaño
Posts: 3765
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14451 Post by LMD Ermitaño » September 23rd, 2020, 9:50 am

LMD Ermitaño wrote:
September 17th, 2020, 10:21 am
Just a few to try out:

1995 & 1996 Daniel Rion VR Les Chaumes
1995 J. Roty Charmes Chambertin TVV
1993 de Vogüé Bonnes Mares
Flew in this morning.
Attachments
FFFE76B1-570F-4CD3-9158-2948752553CE.jpeg
Luis Manuel Debuque Monreal Ermitaño

PCLIN
Posts: 1533
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14452 Post by PCLIN » September 23rd, 2020, 9:54 am

6x ‘10 Lafarge Clos des Chenes
6x ‘10 Lafarge Clos du Chateau des Ducs
Chiu Lin

User avatar
G. Curd
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 197
Joined: June 9th, 2020, 11:13 am
Location: Indiana

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14453 Post by G. Curd » September 23rd, 2020, 11:57 am

Andrew K. wrote:
September 22nd, 2020, 8:47 am
Some mixed cases of 2019 Riesling 750s and a few mags.

2019 Willi Schaefer Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese
2019 Dönnhoff Riesling Trocken
2019 Dönnhoff Estate Riesling
2019 Dönnhoff Dellchen Riesling Grosses Gewächs
2019 Dönnhoff Hermannshöhle Riesling Grosses Gewächs
2019 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Spätlese
2019 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Auslese 'Goldkapsel'
2019 Dönnhoff Oberhäuser Brücke Riesling Auslese 'Goldkapsel'

Very awesome wines! Especially if you found Magnums of any of them.
G a v i n

User avatar
JFPelletier
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 330
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 8:14 pm
Location: Los Angeles,CA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14454 Post by JFPelletier » September 23rd, 2020, 12:49 pm

6x 2002 Dom Perignon P2
4x 2016 Produttori del Barbaresco DOCG
2x 2017 Domaine des Croix Corton-Charlemagne
2x 2017 Domaine des Croix Corton-Greves
2x 2017 Domaine des Croix Corton-La Vigne Au Saint
3x 2017 MacDonald CS

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15101
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14455 Post by Jay Miller » September 23rd, 2020, 12:50 pm

1996 Huet Le Mont Moelleux 1er Trie
1998 MC GM Riesling Auslese 375
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Jayson Cohen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2537
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 4:29 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14456 Post by Jayson Cohen » September 23rd, 2020, 1:24 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
September 23rd, 2020, 12:50 pm
1996 Huet Le Mont Moelleux 1er Trie
1998 MC GM Riesling Auslese 375
[drinkers.gif]

Phil T r o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 114
Joined: August 5th, 2020, 6:46 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14457 Post by Phil T r o t t e r » September 23rd, 2020, 9:18 pm

2015 Joguet Cuvée de la Cure
2019 Lapierre Morgon

EvanLodes
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29
Joined: July 5th, 2020, 1:00 pm
Location: New York City

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14458 Post by EvanLodes » September 24th, 2020, 5:02 am

alan weinberg wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:51 pm
18 PYCM Chassagne Montrachet Chenevottes
I'm curious, is there any particular reason why this one vs. other PYCM wines of the same vintage? (I haven't had this one yet)

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13189
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14459 Post by alan weinberg » September 24th, 2020, 8:22 am

EvanLodes wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 5:02 am
alan weinberg wrote:
September 18th, 2020, 8:51 pm
18 PYCM Chassagne Montrachet Chenevottes
I'm curious, is there any particular reason why this one vs. other PYCM wines of the same vintage? (I haven't had this one yet)
Offer came in while I was weak.

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2641
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14460 Post by maureen nelson » September 24th, 2020, 8:45 am

2014 Gouges Pruliers - drank it last night outside at a friend's house and immediately came home and looked for some. I confess, I'm really liking the 2014s I try. They are, however, going into my grandnephew's cellar (if I don't drink them before he comes of age).

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5595
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14461 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 24th, 2020, 10:28 am

15 Clerget Caillerets
17 Clerget versueil

User avatar
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 6:05 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14462 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 24th, 2020, 10:51 am

maureen nelson wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 8:45 am
2014 Gouges Pruliers - drank it last night outside at a friend's house and immediately came home and looked for some. I confess, I'm really liking the 2014s I try. They are, however, going into my grandnephew's cellar (if I don't drink them before he comes of age).
Took a flyer on 2 bottles of this from Envoyer awhile ago. Thanks for the vote of confidence :)
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

User avatar
Brandon R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1724
Joined: November 10th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14463 Post by Brandon R » September 24th, 2020, 10:58 am

Got a small allocation "Wish Listed" from the Cayuse list:

1 x 2018 Wallah Wallah Special # 12 Syrah magnum
3 x 2018 Bionic Frog Syrah

Pretty stoked about "The Frog."
B. Redman

User avatar
jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 406
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 11:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14464 Post by jason stein » September 24th, 2020, 11:42 am

maureen nelson wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 8:45 am
2014 Gouges Pruliers - drank it last night outside at a friend's house and immediately came home and looked for some. I confess, I'm really liking the 2014s I try. They are, however, going into my grandnephew's cellar (if I don't drink them before he comes of age).
14 reds are a big concentration in my cellar -- love the vintage generally.
instagram: @jtswine

User avatar
jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 406
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 11:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14465 Post by jason stein » September 24th, 2020, 2:56 pm

2011 Dauvissat La Forest
instagram: @jtswine

jon leifer
Posts: 568
Joined: May 11th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14466 Post by jon leifer » September 24th, 2020, 3:57 pm

My house red and house white for the remainder of 2020
12 x 2017 Borgo Segreto Chianti Classico
12 x 2019 Domaine Michel Barraud Macon Villages
Jon

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 16201
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14467 Post by Craig G » September 24th, 2020, 4:00 pm

jon leifer wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 3:57 pm
My house red and house white for the remainder of 2020
12 x 2017 Borgo Segreto Chianti Classico
12 x 2019 Domaine Michel Barraud Macon Villages
You understand we have twelve months this year, right?
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

jon leifer
Posts: 568
Joined: May 11th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14468 Post by jon leifer » September 24th, 2020, 4:11 pm

yes, but only a little > 3 of them are left. and I have a few other bottles in the cellar
Jon

User avatar
J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 624
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14469 Post by J.Vizuete » September 24th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Brandon R wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 10:58 am
Got a small allocation "Wish Listed" from the Cayuse list:

1 x 2018 Wallah Wallah Special # 12 Syrah magnum
3 x 2018 Bionic Frog Syrah

Pretty stoked about "The Frog."
Congrats Brandon, I’d be excited about that, too! Have you had it before?
John
CT: jviz
WOTY: 1989 VCC

S. Rash
Posts: 201
Joined: November 24th, 2018, 6:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14470 Post by S. Rash » September 24th, 2020, 4:56 pm

3 bottles 2018 Desire Lines Shake Ridge Syrah
2 bottles 2019 Desire Lines Exp. Series#4 Mouvedre
3 bottles 2019 Desire Lines Cole Ranch Riesling
2020 WOTY Candidates

2016 I. Brand & Family Brosseau Vineyard Grenache
2013 Ferrer Bobet Vinyes Velles Priorat

eweininger
Posts: 355
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 6:48 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14471 Post by eweininger » September 25th, 2020, 3:53 am

Had the good fortune to stumble onto a couple of bottles of 2016 Burlotto Barolo (normale, Acclivi, and Monvigliero) at standard retail markup.
Elliot

User avatar
Brandon R
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1724
Joined: November 10th, 2015, 5:07 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14472 Post by Brandon R » September 25th, 2020, 8:41 am

J.Vizuete wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 4:18 pm
Brandon R wrote:
September 24th, 2020, 10:58 am
Got a small allocation "Wish Listed" from the Cayuse list:

1 x 2018 Wallah Wallah Special # 12 Syrah magnum
3 x 2018 Bionic Frog Syrah

Pretty stoked about "The Frog."
Congrats Brandon, I’d be excited about that, too! Have you had it before?
Nope. It's a mythical being. [cheers.gif]
B. Redman

User avatar
jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 406
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 11:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14473 Post by jason stein » September 25th, 2020, 11:29 am

2014 Fourrier Aux Echezeaux
2012 Fourrier Gevrey VV
2002 Fourrier Aux Echezeaux
instagram: @jtswine

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1600
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14474 Post by Greg K » September 25th, 2020, 11:30 am

jason stein wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 11:29 am
2014 Fourrier Aux Echezeaux
2012 Fourrier Gevrey VV
2002 Fourrier Aux Echezeaux
[cheers.gif]
Greg Kahn

User avatar
jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 406
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 11:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14475 Post by jason stein » September 25th, 2020, 11:31 am

Greg K wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 11:30 am
jason stein wrote:
September 25th, 2020, 11:29 am
2014 Fourrier Aux Echezeaux
2012 Fourrier Gevrey VV
2002 Fourrier Aux Echezeaux
[cheers.gif]
If you couldn't tell, I like Fourrier flirtysmile
instagram: @jtswine

bob parsons alberta
Posts: 1503
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 10:05 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14476 Post by bob parsons alberta » September 25th, 2020, 12:16 pm

2012 Baron de Ley Reserva Rioja.
Good natural cork,. love the label, $27Cda. Decanted one hour but think not really required.
Held up nicely over two days. Guess ruby red but with very little bricking. Aromatics flew out of the glass..plums, coffee, cherries, spice. Medium bodied with some tannins. quite dry. Blackcurrant and plum fruits, nicely developed in a traditional style. Very good length, might pick up two more as this will age some I feel.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5595
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14477 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 25th, 2020, 2:21 pm

3 x 09 F Rinaldi Cannubi

Passed on the 08 brunate but that looks like a good deal too.

User avatar
William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2393
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: Beaune, France & San Antonio, Texas

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14478 Post by William Kelley » September 26th, 2020, 9:40 am

Bunch of miscellaneous stuff including:

1966 Château Pibarnon Bandol
1964 Château l'Eglise Clinet
1926 Château Haut-Brion
1959 Rapet Corton-Charlemagne
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 6:05 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14479 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 26th, 2020, 9:46 am

Some 2019 Vollenweider
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

User avatar
IlkkaL
Posts: 1204
Joined: June 11th, 2015, 12:40 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14480 Post by IlkkaL » September 26th, 2020, 9:47 am

William Kelley wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:40 am
Bunch of miscellaneous stuff including:

1966 Château Pibarnon Bandol
1964 Château l'Eglise Clinet
1926 Château Haut-Brion
1959 Rapet Corton-Charlemagne
Looked a lot like Pradeaux on IG! [snort.gif]
Last name = L u !V! !V! e

User avatar
William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2393
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: Beaune, France & San Antonio, Texas

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14481 Post by William Kelley » September 26th, 2020, 10:19 am

IlkkaL wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:47 am
William Kelley wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:40 am
Bunch of miscellaneous stuff including:

1966 Château Pibarnon Bandol
1964 Château l'Eglise Clinet
1926 Château Haut-Brion
1959 Rapet Corton-Charlemagne
Looked a lot like Pradeaux on IG! [snort.gif]
Ha, you're quite right!
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 37762
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14482 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » September 26th, 2020, 10:31 am

Brian S t o t t e r wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 9:46 am
Some 2019 Vollenweider
flirtysmile
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7622
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14483 Post by Nick Gangas » September 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm

Mixed 6 pack of the 19 Emrich GG.

User avatar
dsimmons
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 816
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 11:51 am
Location: Anchorage, AK and Rockport, TX

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14484 Post by dsimmons » September 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm

3 2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
D o n

User avatar
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 6:05 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14485 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 26th, 2020, 1:05 pm

dsimmons wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm
3 2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
Wise decision. I reloaded after trying it 🔥
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

Jayson Cohen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2537
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 4:29 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14486 Post by Jayson Cohen » September 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm

Nick Gangas wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Mixed 6 pack of the 19 Emrich GG.
Did the recent report from Keller push you over the edge?

User avatar
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 6:05 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14487 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm

Jayson Cohen wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm
Nick Gangas wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Mixed 6 pack of the 19 Emrich GG.
Did the recent report from Keller push you over the edge?
I did 3 each of the GGs too. Been meaning to try more German riesling from outside the MSR, including Emrich. Sarah’s vote of confidence was my push.
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

User avatar
Robert M yers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3264
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14488 Post by Robert M yers » September 26th, 2020, 6:54 pm

dsimmons wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm
3 2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
I ordered 2 cases of Laherte from Panzer. This has become my favorite house champagne, they are all great really, but the base Rose imo is the best deal I’ve tasted In the region right now.

User avatar
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2014
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 6:05 am
Location: St. Louis, MO
Contact:

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14489 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 26th, 2020, 7:50 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 6:54 pm
dsimmons wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm
3 2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
I ordered 2 cases of Laherte from Panzer. This has become my favorite house champagne, they are all great really, but the base Rose imo is the best deal I’ve tasted In the region right now.
If you’re referring to the Rose de Meunièr, yes indeed!
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

User avatar
Robert M yers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3264
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14490 Post by Robert M yers » September 26th, 2020, 11:25 pm

Brian S t o t t e r wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 7:50 pm
Robert M yers wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 6:54 pm
dsimmons wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm
3 2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
I ordered 2 cases of Laherte from Panzer. This has become my favorite house champagne, they are all great really, but the base Rose imo is the best deal I’ve tasted In the region right now.
If you’re referring to the Rose de Meunièr, yes indeed!
Yes that’s the wine I was thinking,
I guess the Ultradition is really the base.

R.Oesterle
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 915
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 11:18 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14491 Post by R.Oesterle » September 27th, 2020, 6:39 am

last 4 btl.Chinon Rouge Varennes du Grand Clos AOC, Franc de Pieds Ch. Joguet 2006
is "great" today from my cellar.
Roman
°°°°°°

NED VALOIS
Posts: 6189
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:47 am
Location: South Miami,Fl

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14492 Post by NED VALOIS » September 27th, 2020, 9:34 am

Switchback Maggies (2 of each)

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 24124
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14493 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » September 27th, 2020, 10:14 am

R.Oesterle wrote:
September 27th, 2020, 6:39 am
last 4 btl.Chinon Rouge Varennes du Grand Clos AOC, Franc de Pieds Ch. Joguet 2006
is "great" today from my cellar.

Wow, a great snag. A true unicorn now!!! Have not had the 06, but the 04 and 07 are excellent and the 05 is mind-blowing. Color me envious!!!

Lucky you my friend.
Last edited by Robert.A.Jr. on September 27th, 2020, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7622
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14494 Post by Nick Gangas » September 27th, 2020, 10:29 am

Brian S t o t t e r wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 3:18 pm
Jayson Cohen wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 2:44 pm
Nick Gangas wrote:
September 26th, 2020, 12:02 pm
Mixed 6 pack of the 19 Emrich GG.
Did the recent report from Keller push you over the edge?
I did 3 each of the GGs too. Been meaning to try more German riesling from outside the MSR, including Emrich. Sarah’s vote of confidence was my push.
Yes. As I've been getting sick and tired of the prices for burgundy I saw these as a great opportunity. Emrich was highly recommended from a friend. Also in July we were in the place that shall not be named and drank a very nice riesling. Reminded me what this is all about.

EmilDyrvig
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 28
Joined: August 27th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Location: NYC & Copenhagen

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14495 Post by EmilDyrvig » September 28th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Purchased a mixed Piedmonte lot on auction yesterday:

1993 Bartolo Mascarello
2008 Bartolo Mascarello
2013 Bartolo Mascarello
1982 Fontanafredda Barolo
1990 Paolo Scavino Barolo
1990 Seghesio La Villa Barolo
1990 Pio Cesare Barbaresco
2005 Produttori del Barbaresco, Barbaresco
2015 Sandrone Barbera

A few interesting bottles and curious on how the older Barolo's fare.

User avatar
Jeff Rosenberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 357
Joined: April 26th, 2015, 6:38 pm
Location: Webster, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14496 Post by Jeff Rosenberg » September 28th, 2020, 4:53 pm

604F1DAF-64EC-4780-9A48-A62D06DE354C.jpeg
Sadly, I snoozed and lost on the Dirty & Rowdy Mourvèdre release. But yesterday I found this while rummaging around at Empire Wines in Albany, NY. This stuff is excellent.

Chris Barton
Posts: 20
Joined: April 4th, 2020, 11:23 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14497 Post by Chris Barton » September 28th, 2020, 6:31 pm

2014 Lafarge Volnay Vendanges
2014 Fourrier Gevrey VV
2014 Dujac MSD

User avatar
jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 406
Joined: November 17th, 2016, 11:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14498 Post by jason stein » September 28th, 2020, 6:36 pm

Chris Barton wrote:
September 28th, 2020, 6:31 pm
2014 Lafarge Volnay Vendanges
2014 Fourrier Gevrey VV
2014 Dujac MSD
Nice. really like that Fourrier and Dujac
instagram: @jtswine

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15101
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14499 Post by Jay Miller » September 29th, 2020, 6:08 am

I should have held off on this order so I wouldn't be mocked horribly on the inventory reduction thread in 2 days but shipping weather from London looks cool for the next 10 days and the wines I'm looking at tend to go in and out of stock spending more time out than in.

1 Victor Gontier 2003 Calvados
1 Gonzalez Byass Fino Finite Collection 2010&2011
1 Gonzalez Byass Alfonso 1-6 Oloroso Finite
1 Gonzalez Byass / Anada 1978 / Palo Cortado
1 Gonzalez Byass Anada 1991 / Palo Cortado

With thanks to the Whiskey Exchange for continuing to source Gonzalez Byass' Anada Sherries. I bought my last batch while in London but that doesn't seem feasible for the foreseeable future.

Vintage Finos, an impressive feat and one I'm looking forward to trying.
Last edited by Jay Miller on September 29th, 2020, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
G. Curd
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 197
Joined: June 9th, 2020, 11:13 am
Location: Indiana

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14500 Post by G. Curd » September 29th, 2020, 6:39 am

2 x Emrich-Schönleber Riesling Frühlingsplätzchen GG 2019
2 x Emrich-Schönleber Riesling Halenberg GG 2019

Via Source Material. Thanks Robert!
G a v i n

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”