What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#14301 Post by alan weinberg » September 5th, 2020, 9:08 am

Ployez-Jacquemart, though waiting on confirmation from Panzer.

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14302 Post by maureen nelson » September 5th, 2020, 10:00 am

Huet’s 2019 Le Mont demi-sec. Always my favorite Huet bottling and apparently the only DS Huet made in 2019 (notwithstanding the Erroneous CT entries for Clos de Bourg and Le Haut Lieu DS 2019).

Jayson Cohen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14303 Post by Jayson Cohen » September 5th, 2020, 10:37 am

maureen nelson wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 10:00 am
Huet’s 2019 Le Mont demi-sec. Always my favorite Huet bottling and apparently the only DS Huet made in 2019 (notwithstanding the Erroneous CT entries for Clos de Bourg and Le Haut Lieu DS 2019).
Any idea on how 2019s are looking in Vouvray? I’ve been a little hesitant about a potentially hot vintage in Vouvray like 2018.

Dale Bowers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14304 Post by Dale Bowers » September 5th, 2020, 11:54 am

This past week with all the sales;

2018 de L'Arlot Suchots
2018 Huet Moelleux Le Mont
NV Vilmart Cuvee' Rubis
2017 d'Angerville Taillepieds
2017 Chevillion Les Roncieres; Boussellots; Vaucrains
2015 Lafon Clos de la Baronne
2018 Fevre Les Clos
Cheers!

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14305 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » September 5th, 2020, 1:44 pm

12 x 2016 Chateau Bourgneuf, Pomerol (375s)

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14306 Post by maureen nelson » September 5th, 2020, 2:02 pm

Jayson Cohen wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 10:37 am
maureen nelson wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 10:00 am
Any idea on how 2019s are looking in Vouvray? I’ve been a little hesitant about a potentially hot vintage in Vouvray like 2018.
Not a clue although Gilman loved this wine and RWC claims it is the best version of it Huet has made - but of course RWC is the importer. The price was fair, though, and I had a yen to buy something so a six-pack of this seemed a cheap way to scratch that itch.

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14307 Post by Neal.Mollen » September 5th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 1:44 pm
Excellent!
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14308 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » September 5th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
Excellent!
Mollen-inspired!

Kenny H (circa 2015)

J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14309 Post by J.Vizuete » September 5th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
Have you tasted these, Robert?
John
CT: jviz
WOTY: 1989 VCC

J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14310 Post by J.Vizuete » September 5th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Since the last post (I buy mostly singletons):

2018 SQN (one of each, sharing an allocation with a friend.
Benoit Ente 2018 Bourgogne Blanc
Etienne Sauzet 2018 Bourgogne blanc x3
PYCM 2018 Pernand Vergelesses Belles Filles
PYCM 2018 Le Banc
2014 Rougeard Saumur Champigny
2018 Realm Bard x2
2017 Emidio Pepe Montepulciano and Trebbiano
2009 Dauvissat-Camus Forest
2016 Ganevat Fortbeau
John

Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14311 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » September 5th, 2020, 6:39 pm

J.Vizuete wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 4:53 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
I have not, but I have always liked this under-the-radar producer, who at least in the vintages that I have tried, is pretty traditional almost rustic. Had a killer 82 and a very nice 98 last year. I have some 04 and 05 that I have not popped. Panos and Leve are big on this wine as are quite a few others that I respect. Hope it is a hit!

Kenny H (circa 2015)

J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14312 Post by J.Vizuete » September 5th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 6:39 pm
J.Vizuete wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 4:53 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
I have not, but I have always liked this under-the-radar producer, who at least in the vintages that I have tried, is pretty traditional almost rustic. Had a killer 82 and a very nice 98 last year. I have some 04 and 05 that I have not popped. Panos and Leve are big on this wine as are quite a few others that I respect. Hope it is a hit!
Good luck! I have a soft spot for 98 right banks - will try and seek out a few myself.
John

Lars Carlberg

#14313 Post by Lars Carlberg » September 6th, 2020, 3:09 am

Howard Cooper wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 7:02 am
Jim Stewart wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 6:57 am
Howard Cooper wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 6:13 am
2019 wines from Falkenstein

Niedermenniger Herrenberg Spatlese Feinherb
Krettnacher Euchariusberg Spatlese
Krettnacher Euchariusberg Kabinett Alte Reben
Hi Howard, I have read very good things about Falkenstein, but with the wealth of 2019 Falkenstein available, I am curious how you settled on those three bottlings. If you care to share your thinking? Also I often see "AP #" on German Riesling. Is there a lot of variation such that one should pay attention to the #? Thanks.
First, half of what I bought was the Spatlese because I like Spatlese and have loved the 2017 of this wine. I didn't want trocken wines. The Alte Reben was recommended to me as an old fashioned Kabinett and I am a sucker for old fashion Kabinetts. In buying the Alte Reben and the Feinherb I looked at Mosel Fine Wines Issue 52. http://www.moselfinewines.com/ And, then there was the fact that I was choosing among what was available. And, I had to move fast as I was just coming home from the golf course and could see stocks were dropping fast - there was 12 bottles of the Spatlese left when I left the course and 7 left when I got home. There was one left when I was done. champagne.gif

As to AP and Fuder numbers, sometimes they mean a good bit and sometimes not. I don't know Falkenstein wines well enough to know. They can indicate a barrel made from old vines (or not in the case of other numbers) or whether the grapes were from the heart of the traditional vineyard or not - a lot of the top vineyards were enlarged in 1971 and the heart of the vineyards can be bottled separately at some wineries from the vines from the expanded parts. For example, Selbach calles the best part of his Zeltinger Sonnenuhr "Rotlay". https://www.skurnik.com/sku/zeltinger-s ... 2-2-2-2-2/

For more information on Falkenstein, talk with Lars Carlberg, who often frequents these boards.
As you probably know, the last two digits of an AP number indicate the year when the wine was submitted for approval. The bottling number, just before the year, distinguishes among wines—sometimes different casks—that would otherwise appear similar.

At Hofgut Falkenstein, all the wines are vinified in traditional wooden casks, and the Webers put the bottling number in a larger, bold type. It's a quasi cask number. They can differentiate among different parcels or sections of a given vineyard, such as the various Spätlese feinherb wines from Niedermenniger Herrenberg.

Zilliken, which only has wooden Fuder casks for fermenting and aging their wines, assigns specific AP numbers to their best sweet wines, especially to differentiate between, for example, two Spätlesen or Auslesen from Saarburger Rausch. The lower the AP number, the higher the quality (i.e., the ripeness level), such as a TBA. In general, this applies only to Spätlese and above. Most of their wines are a blend of different oak casks that are bottled under one AP number—e.g., Butterfly or Rausch Kabinett. The Zillikens highlight the bottling number on all their labels in bold print.

At other wineries, a wine might be marketed under a "cask number," but, actually, it was raised in tank or, in some cases, is a blend of different tanks, even if the wine came from a specific site and is bottled under one number.

There could also be two or more bottlings (and bottling numbers) of an entry-level wine.

Diane Kessler
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14314 Post by Diane Kessler » September 6th, 2020, 6:44 am

alan weinberg wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 9:08 am
Ployez-Jacquemart, though waiting on confirmation from Panzer.
Ditto

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14315 Post by Jim Stewart » September 6th, 2020, 7:35 am

Lars Carlberg wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 3:09 am
Howard Cooper wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 6:57 am

Hi Howard, I have read very good things about Falkenstein, but with the wealth of 2019 Falkenstein available, I am curious how you settled on those three bottlings. If you care to share your thinking? Also I often see "AP #" on German Riesling. Is there a lot of variation such that one should pay attention to the #? Thanks.
First, half of what I bought was the Spatlese because I like Spatlese and have loved the 2017 of this wine. I didn't want trocken wines. The Alte Reben was recommended to me as an old fashioned Kabinett and I am a sucker for old fashion Kabinetts. In buying the Alte Reben and the Feinherb I looked at Mosel Fine Wines Issue 52. http://www.moselfinewines.com/ And, then there was the fact that I was choosing among what was available. And, I had to move fast as I was just coming home from the golf course and could see stocks were dropping fast - there was 12 bottles of the Spatlese left when I left the course and 7 left when I got home. There was one left when I was done. champagne.gif

As to AP and Fuder numbers, sometimes they mean a good bit and sometimes not. I don't know Falkenstein wines well enough to know. They can indicate a barrel made from old vines (or not in the case of other numbers) or whether the grapes were from the heart of the traditional vineyard or not - a lot of the top vineyards were enlarged in 1971 and the heart of the vineyards can be bottled separately at some wineries from the vines from the expanded parts. For example, Selbach calles the best part of his Zeltinger Sonnenuhr "Rotlay". https://www.skurnik.com/sku/zeltinger-s ... 2-2-2-2-2/

For more information on Falkenstein, talk with Lars Carlberg, who often frequents these boards.
As you probably know, the last two digits of an AP number indicate the year when the wine was submitted for approval. The bottling number, just before the year, distinguishes among wines—sometimes different casks—that would otherwise appear similar.

At Hofgut Falkenstein, all the wines are vinified in traditional wooden casks, and the Webers put the bottling number in a larger, bold type. It's a quasi cask number. They can differentiate among different parcels or sections of a given vineyard, such as the various Spätlese feinherb wines from Niedermenniger Herrenberg.

Zilliken, which only has wooden Fuder casks for fermenting and aging their wines, assigns specific AP numbers to their best sweet wines, especially to differentiate between, for example, two Spätlesen or Auslesen from Saarburger Rausch. The lower the AP number, the higher the quality (i.e., the ripeness level), such as a TBA. In general, this applies only to Spätlese and above. Most of their wines are a blend of different oak casks that are bottled under one AP number—e.g., Butterfly or Rausch Kabinett. The Zillikens highlight the bottling number on all their labels in bold print.

At other wineries, a wine might be marketed under a "cask number," but, actually, it was raised in tank or, in some cases, is a blend of different tanks, even if the wine came from a specific site and is bottled under one number.

There could also be two or more bottlings (and bottling numbers) of an entry-level wine.
Lars, thank you for responding to my question about AP . Coincidentally, it was looking at the 2019 selection of Falkenstein on your own website (https://www.larscarlberg.com/a-selectio ... lkenstein/)that prompted my question about the AP number to Howard. And now you are responding directly. Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated.
Could you maybe add some comments about these specific "shortened" AP numbers on a single Falkenstein wine, that was copied directly from you website.

2019 Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Spätlese feinherb
Halbfuder Onkel Peter (ungrafted old vines): herbs, fine, dense, peppery. AP 4
Fuder Palm (old vines): reduced, citrusy, apricot, peach, refreshing, lively. AP 3
Fuder Zuckerberg (old vines): flowery, yellow fruits, vibrant, fruity. AP ?
Fuder Meyer Nepal (old vines): grapefruit, long, zesty, and crystalline. AP 11
Fuder Kleiner Klaus, Kleiner Herbert (old vines): gooseberries, hawthorn, creamy. AP ?

Back to my original question rephrased:
Can the taste characteristics of a single named wine with different AP numbers be significantly different from one another, such that
(1) a review of the wine should include the AP #the buyer should be "aware" of the AP number?
(2) the buyer should be aware of the differences?
For example from your brief descriptions, my preference might be AP 11 over the other AP numbers.
Thanks again.
Best, -Jim
Age merely shows what children we remain.
-Goethe

But I've just noticed that my mind is asleep.
-Rimbaud

Lars Carlberg

#14316 Post by Lars Carlberg » September 6th, 2020, 7:56 am

Jim Stewart wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 7:35 am
Lars Carlberg wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 3:09 am
Howard Cooper wrote:

Lars, thank you for responding to my question about AP . Coincidentally, it was looking at the 2019 selection of Falkenstein on your own website (https://www.larscarlberg.com/a-selectio ... lkenstein/)that prompted my question about the AP number to Howard. And now you are responding directly. Totally unexpected, but very much appreciated.
Could you maybe add some comments about these specific "shortened" AP numbers on a single Falkenstein wine, that was copied directly from you website.

2019 Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Spätlese feinherb
Halbfuder Onkel Peter (ungrafted old vines): herbs, fine, dense, peppery. AP 4
Fuder Palm (old vines): reduced, citrusy, apricot, peach, refreshing, lively. AP 3
Fuder Zuckerberg (old vines): flowery, yellow fruits, vibrant, fruity. AP ?
Fuder Meyer Nepal (old vines): grapefruit, long, zesty, and crystalline. AP 11
Fuder Kleiner Klaus, Kleiner Herbert (old vines): gooseberries, hawthorn, creamy. AP ?

Back to my original question rephrased:
Can the taste characteristics of a single named wine with different AP numbers be significantly different from one another, such that
(1) a review of the wine should include the AP #the buyer should be "aware" of the AP number?
(2) the buyer should be aware of the differences?
For example from your brief descriptions, my preference might be AP 11 over the other AP numbers.
Thanks again.
Best, -Jim
You're welcome, Jim. Those five wines come from different parcels or sections of Niedermenniger Herrenberg and were vinified separately. For those buyers who want to know the differences, the bottling number is in a larger, bold typeface. I wouldn't say that there's a significant quality or style difference, but each wine has its own characteristics. They could be blended together and would make a very good wine, but the Webers and I feel that something would be lost. AP 11, for example, comes from an old-vine parcel higher up the hillside and tends to be a little brighter and icier than the others.

joejolesch

#14317 Post by joejolesch » September 6th, 2020, 9:14 am

Found 2017 Geyserville for $27 at Whole Foods this morning. Showed restraint and left some for others.

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14318 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 6th, 2020, 9:51 am

2 x 2018 Morgen Long Willamette Valley Chardonnay
2 x 2018 Morgen Long Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2 x 2018 Morgen Long Marine Chardonnay
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14319 Post by Neal.Mollen » September 6th, 2020, 10:50 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
Being an Alfert acolyte I just did what he did.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Jayson Cohen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14320 Post by Jayson Cohen » September 6th, 2020, 7:25 pm

Taking my first vacation in 9 months has been a little dangerous.

An array of 2019 Falkensteins, 3 to 7 bottles each—I may have overdone it a little after mistakenly going lighter than I should have on 2016 and 2017.

3 each of 2019 Prum WS Kabinett and Spatlese

3 2017 Francois Cotat Culs de Beaujeu

2 2016 Huet Cuvee Constance

4 2016 Brovia Barolo

1 2013 Istvan Szepsy Tokaji Furmint Szent Tamas at Winebid - I couldn’t resist this one given how difficult-to-impossible US sourcing is and how highly I thought of Kiralyudvar’s 2013 Furmint Sec.

Keith_B
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14321 Post by Keith_B » September 7th, 2020, 3:31 pm

Mag of 2015 Chappellet Las Piedras
Instagram: @keithbentley

Sarah S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14322 Post by Sarah S » September 7th, 2020, 5:07 pm

Three bottles of 1972 Stag’s Leap from K&L (auction) tonight. I’m pretty excited.
S m i t h

Larry Stein

#14323 Post by Larry Stein » September 7th, 2020, 6:10 pm

This was my haul from today's K&L auction.

4 btls 1994 Clos du Mont Olivet "Cuvée Unique" Châteauneuf-du-Pape ($33 before fee/taxes)
3 btls 1999 Domaine du Clos du Caillou "Les Quartz" Châteauneuf-du-Pape ($44 before fee/taxes)

Both are North Berkeley Imports. Cool climate years. I'm normally suspicious of the "Cuvée Unique" bottlings as that typically signifies the use of new oak. That's not the case for these wines. I had won a previous auction of the 1994. I drank a bottle about 6 months ago. It was outstanding.

Also, a bottle of 2006 Ridge Ponzo Zin ($30 before fee/taxes) via WineBid.

crickey

#14324 Post by crickey » September 7th, 2020, 6:55 pm

2019 Huet.
Chri$ Ri¢k€y

Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14325 Post by Howard Cooper » September 8th, 2020, 5:20 am

Lars Carlberg wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 7:56 am

You're welcome, Jim. Those five wines come from different parcels or sections of Niedermenniger Herrenberg and were vinified separately. For those buyers who want to know the differences, the bottling number is in a larger, bold typeface. I wouldn't say that there's a significant quality or style difference, but each wine has its own characteristics. They could be blended together and would make a very good wine, but the Webers and I feel that something would be lost. AP 11, for example, comes from an old-vine parcel higher up the hillside and tends to be a little brighter and icier than the others.
Thank you so much for coming here and providing all this additional information on these wines. I have the usual dilemma with regard to the wines I purchased - I want to drink a bunch now and want to save them for the future until they are properly aged. As noted above, I bought Niedermenniger Herrenberg Spatlese Feinherb #11,
Krettnacher Euchariusberg Spatlese #14 and Krettnacher Euchariusberg Kabinett Alte Reben Gisela. My thought would be to pop open one of the Spatlesen for now (I bought more of these than the others), but do you have a sense as to what would be the most fun to drink now if I want to give these a road test before letting others slumber.
Howard

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things." Tyrion Lannister

Tyler F.

#14326 Post by Tyler F. » September 8th, 2020, 7:01 am

Picked up a 3-pack of the 2018 Bedrock Pagani Ranch Zin. Only bought 1 bottle at release and it was a stunner, so had to grab a few more.
Tyler Fabian

Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14327 Post by Bud Carey » September 8th, 2020, 8:06 am

A case of 2018 Switchback Ridge merlot.
Budman

RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14328 Post by RyanC » September 8th, 2020, 8:08 am

Some lower-level Keller: '19 Von der Fels and '18 RR
C@ughey

Lars Carlberg

#14329 Post by Lars Carlberg » September 8th, 2020, 12:33 pm

strawman
Howard Cooper wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 5:20 am
Lars Carlberg wrote:

Thank you so much for coming here and providing all this additional information on these wines. I have the usual dilemma with regard to the wines I purchased - I want to drink a bunch now and want to save them for the future until they are properly aged. As noted above, I bought Niedermenniger Herrenberg Spatlese Feinherb #11,
Krettnacher Euchariusberg Spatlese #14 and Krettnacher Euchariusberg Kabinett Alte Reben Gisela. My thought would be to pop open one of the Spatlesen for now (I bought more of these than the others), but do you have a sense as to what would be the most fun to drink now if I want to give these a road test before letting others slumber.
You're welcome. If you have more of the Spätlesen, uncork one of them. You can't go wrong—e.g., AP 14 (Ternes) has 88° Oechsle and 60 g/l RS. That's less ripe and sweet than many other producers' Kabinetts.

Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14330 Post by Paul McCourt » September 8th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Bought a case of '19 Donnhoff kabinetts.
PauLeeeenda 2020: Tasty Waves and a Cool Buzz for America

Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14331 Post by Howard Cooper » September 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm

Lars Carlberg wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:33 pm
strawman
Howard Cooper wrote:
Lars Carlberg wrote:

You're welcome. If you have more of the Spätlesen, uncork one of them. You can't go wrong—e.g., AP 14 (Ternes) has 88° Oechsle and 60 g/l RS. That's less ripe and sweet than many other producers' Kabinetts.
Less ripe than other producers' Kabinetts in the Saar or elsewhere in Germany?
Howard

Jayson Cohen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14332 Post by Jayson Cohen » September 8th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Lars, to expand on Howard’s question, do you have readily available pH and total acid (g/l) in addition to RS levels per wine that you can share? That might help put taste comparisons to other growers into analytical context.

D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14333 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » September 8th, 2020, 5:17 pm

Ultramarine...duh
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

bob parsons alberta

#14334 Post by bob parsons alberta » September 8th, 2020, 9:32 pm

Well tonight I was fortunate to taste the Strekov Fred #5 and it was really enjoyable with Peking Duck. I will post thoughts later but overall crushed fresh berries, violets, earthy. Chilled down showed more tannic structure. From Slovakia.

Fred Daniels

#14335 Post by Fred Daniels » September 8th, 2020, 9:40 pm

Ultramarine!
MWM seeks '28 Coutet...

Lars Carlberg

#14336 Post by Lars Carlberg » September 8th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Howard Cooper wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Lars Carlberg wrote:
strawman
Howard Cooper wrote:

Also on the Saar. Mosel Fine Wines often lists the Oechsle, unless a producer doesn't want to have this info published. The tasting note, however, will describe the "Kabinett" as tasting more like a Spätlese—but not always.

Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14337 Post by Howard Cooper » September 9th, 2020, 4:33 am

Lars Carlberg wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:30 pm
Howard Cooper wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 2:47 pm
Lars Carlberg wrote:
strawman

Also on the Saar. Mosel Fine Wines often lists the Oechsle, unless a producer doesn't want to have this info published. The tasting note, however, will describe the "Kabinett" as tasting more like a Spätlese—but not always.
Thank you very much.
Howard

Yao C

#14338 Post by Yao C » September 9th, 2020, 9:21 am

Stack of Ployez-Jacquemart - refill of their 2008 BdB, which I'm a fan of, plus the 2002 Liesse and the MV Granite
C h 0 o n 6

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14339 Post by AD Northup » September 9th, 2020, 9:44 am

A handful of NV Ledru Brut and Extra Brut bottlings
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Phil T r o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14340 Post by Phil T r o t t e r » September 10th, 2020, 6:35 am

2015 G.D. Vajra Barolo Coste di Rose (first vintage of it I believe, never tried it)
2017 Baudry Les Grézeaux
NV Édouard Brun Premier Cru Brut Réserve (never tried it)
NV Geoffroy Premier Cru Expression Brut
NV Nicolas Maillart Premier Cru Brut Platine (never tried it)
2018 Ken Forrester Roussanne (Great QPR year-in year-out)
2017 Olivier Merlin Mâcon La Roche-Vineuse Blanc (never tried it, I was told it's a great QPR...)

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14341 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » September 10th, 2020, 9:53 am

2 3-packs of Ultramarine

Chris Barton

#14342 Post by Chris Barton » September 10th, 2020, 1:19 pm

2 bottles D'Angerville Fremiets 2013

Brian Pinci
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14343 Post by Brian Pinci » September 10th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Hofgut Falkenstein - Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling SpŠtlese Feinherb Palm 2019
Hofgut Falkenstein - Krettnacher Euchariusberg Riesling Kabinett Kugel Peter AP #12 2019
Willi Schaefer - Graacher Domprobst Riesling Auslese #11 2019
Willi Schaefer - Graacher Domprobst Riesling Spatlese #10 2019
Willi Schaefer - Graacher Domprobst Riesling Spatlese #5 2019
Willi Schaefer - Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spatlese 2019
Brian Pinci

Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14344 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » September 11th, 2020, 10:27 am

1 x 2018 Donnhoff Hermannshohle GG
3 x 2019 Donnhoff Oberhauser Leistenberg Kabinett

Filled out a second case for K&L to ship this fall.
CT: InZinity

2020 contenders for WOTY:
2017 Goodfellow Family Cellars Durant Vineyard Chardonnay
2015 Laherte Frères Champagne Blanc des Blancs Extra Brut Les Grands Crayeres
2001 Joh. Jos. Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
2018 Donnhoff Niederhauser Hermannshöhle GG
2015 Josef Walter Hundsruck Spätburgunder "J"

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14345 Post by Jim Stewart » September 11th, 2020, 10:30 am

Been a very good boy lately with consumption>>>acquisition, but I treated myself to a few wines of interest to try:
2018 Christian Moreau Chablis . . . basic bottling, but good words about this producer
2019 Sigalas Assyrtiko Santorini . . . had a recent very good bottle from another producer, this is the more well known
2018 Terredora Greco di Tufo . . . for a basil pesto wine pairing tryout, this producer's Fiano di Avellino was outstanding
3 wines.jpg
Age merely shows what children we remain.
-Goethe

But I've just noticed that my mind is asleep.
-Rimbaud

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14346 Post by Nick Gangas » September 11th, 2020, 12:20 pm

Bartolo Mascarello Barolo
More Falkenstein.

Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14347 Post by Andrew K. » September 11th, 2020, 3:43 pm

2018 Muller Scharzhofberger Kab / Auslese
2018 Muller Wiltinger Braune Kupp Kab
к𝓁ย𝐠

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14348 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 11th, 2020, 4:17 pm

Lignier msd vv 17

Jim that sigalas is great.

Yao C

#14349 Post by Yao C » September 11th, 2020, 4:40 pm

1982 and 1985 Mouton
Nick Gangas wrote:
September 11th, 2020, 12:20 pm
More Falkenstein.
Nice to see all this love for Falkenstein. I'll have to try some
C h 0 o n 6

Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14350 Post by Craig G » September 11th, 2020, 4:51 pm

Anyone else catch the 2017 Bachelet CDNV for $52 at K&L today? There was a lot of it, until there wasn’t.

And a small reload on Chartogne Ste. Anne and Michel Arnould Grande Cuvée.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

Return to “Wine Talk”