What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
melvinyeo
Posts: 20
Joined: June 19th, 2018, 9:21 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13351 Post by melvinyeo » May 27th, 2020, 10:48 pm

Had a really good offer a HK shipment to Singapore so took the chance to backfill some wines / get some that aren't readily available here.

2015 Xavier Gerard Côte-Rôtie La Landonne
2017 Domaine Jean-Marc Pillot Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers Clos Saint-Marc
2000 Billecart-Salmon Champagne Cuvée Nicolas-François Billecart
2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Millésimé Blanc de Noirs Les Ursules
2009 Comte Armand Pommard 1er Cru Clos des Epeneaux
2012 Domaine Ghislaine Barthod Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Chatelots

Blair Ridley
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 762
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:52 pm
Location: South Shore, MA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13352 Post by Blair Ridley » May 28th, 2020, 3:42 pm

~2-3 cases of mixed 2017 and 2018 low end PYCM bottlings. They are getting pricey indeed.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13353 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 28th, 2020, 5:19 pm

2009 Lambrays

Henry Liu
Posts: 4
Joined: May 11th, 2020, 8:03 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13354 Post by Henry Liu » May 28th, 2020, 6:22 pm

1x Laval Brut Nature Cumieres
1x 2004 Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaires
2x 2017 Villaine Bouzeron
2x 2017 Dauvissat Vaillons

I've minimum experience with Aligote but curious to taste

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12866
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13355 Post by alan weinberg » May 28th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 5:19 pm
2009 Lambrays
you’re on this thread quite often. [wow.gif]

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13356 Post by Andrew K. » May 28th, 2020, 8:17 pm

alan weinberg wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:11 pm
you’re on this thread quite often. [wow.gif]
We can't all have stocked up on enough 90 and 99 DRC to last us until the next ice age. [thumbs-up.gif]
к𝓁ย𝐠

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12866
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13357 Post by alan weinberg » May 28th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:17 pm
alan weinberg wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:11 pm
you’re on this thread quite often. [wow.gif]
We can't all have stocked up on enough 90 and 99 DRC to last us until the next ice age. [thumbs-up.gif]
in my dreams. But the curse is, the wife says it’s too expensive to drink!

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13358 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 28th, 2020, 8:30 pm

alan weinberg wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 8:11 pm
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 5:19 pm
2009 Lambrays
you’re on this thread quite often. [wow.gif]
Stimulus money needs to go somewhere

User avatar
joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 426
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 7:18 am
Location: Luxembourg

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13359 Post by joz€f p1nxten » May 29th, 2020, 6:47 am

6x Burlotto Acclivi 2016 at a good price - question is should I buy more, not having tasted the wine...
Jozef

User avatar
Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5720
Joined: February 2nd, 2009, 8:29 am
Location: Philly Suburbs

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13360 Post by Bud Carey » May 29th, 2020, 9:10 am

Rivers-Marie pinot noir 6-pack.
Budman

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13361 Post by Greg K » May 29th, 2020, 10:00 am

joz€f p1nxten wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:47 am
6x Burlotto Acclivi 2016 at a good price - question is should I buy more, not having tasted the wine...
Yes.
Greg Kahn

Andrew M
Posts: 160
Joined: July 4th, 2019, 8:14 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13362 Post by Andrew M » May 29th, 2020, 10:21 am

Greg K wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 10:00 am
joz€f p1nxten wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:47 am
6x Burlotto Acclivi 2016 at a good price - question is should I buy more, not having tasted the wine...
Yes.
Wow. Saw an offer at Sherrys in DC for $90 last night, went back to buy online this morning and it was sold out. Consolation was 2x E. Pira Cannubi.
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

User avatar
joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 426
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 7:18 am
Location: Luxembourg

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13363 Post by joz€f p1nxten » May 29th, 2020, 12:28 pm

Greg K wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 10:00 am
joz€f p1nxten wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:47 am
6x Burlotto Acclivi 2016 at a good price - question is should I buy more, not having tasted the wine...
Yes.
That is not the answer I wanted to hear, or maybe it is...:-)
Jozef

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13364 Post by Greg K » May 29th, 2020, 12:53 pm

joz€f p1nxten wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 12:28 pm
Greg K wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 10:00 am
joz€f p1nxten wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:47 am
6x Burlotto Acclivi 2016 at a good price - question is should I buy more, not having tasted the wine...
Yes.
That is not the answer I wanted to hear, or maybe it is...:-)
I tasted through the wines at the cantina back in the fall and I thought the 16s were absolutely spectacular.
Greg Kahn

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13365 Post by Andrew K. » May 29th, 2020, 4:02 pm

found 2015 Mongeard-Mugneret Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Les Vergelesses at $36 and had to pick up 3 cases. they have 5 more cases if anybody is interested.
к𝓁ย𝐠

Jason R.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 268
Joined: February 26th, 2017, 4:24 am
Location: Winchester, VA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13366 Post by Jason R. » May 29th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:02 pm
found 2015 Mongeard-Mugneret Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru Les Vergelesses at $36 and had to pick up 3 cases. they have 5 more cases if anybody is interested.
Source?
R o b e r t s o n

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13367 Post by Andrew K. » May 29th, 2020, 4:32 pm

Jason R. wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Source?
Top listing on WS. KierdorfWein. Nice people.
к𝓁ย𝐠

bob parsons alberta
Posts: 1485
Joined: May 30th, 2009, 10:05 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13368 Post by bob parsons alberta » May 29th, 2020, 4:54 pm

2017 Noblaie Chinon Les Blancs Manteaux...thinking 2/3yrs cellar?

User avatar
Tomás Costa
Posts: 189
Joined: April 22nd, 2020, 11:43 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13369 Post by Tomás Costa » May 29th, 2020, 5:20 pm

1987 Quinta do Carmo Garrafeira. The absolute greatest bargain in old Portuguese reds at 75€.

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 495
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Location: Chino, CA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13370 Post by Andre M » May 29th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Jason R. wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Source?
Top listing on WS. KierdorfWein. Nice people.
What is the rate to ship to USA? Thanks.
A M u l y o n o
CT: IndoWino

User avatar
J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 559
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13371 Post by J.Vizuete » May 29th, 2020, 7:45 pm

Mixed case of True Believer rose/red
3x 2018 Walter Scott X-Novo
3x 2018 Walter Scott La Combe Verte
John
CT: jviz
WOTY: 1989 VCC

Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 635
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13372 Post by Jeff_M. » May 29th, 2020, 7:58 pm

9 x 2019 Robert Craig Rose’s
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet

joejolesch
Posts: 142
Joined: December 4th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13373 Post by joejolesch » May 29th, 2020, 8:36 pm

A bit random over the past couple weeks...

4x 2018 Ridge Geyserville
2x 2008 Dom Perignon
2x 2015 Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona Pianrosso
2x 2015 San Filippo Le Lucere
4x Bollinger SC
6x 2016 Pine Ridge Onyx
1x 2016 Pontet-Canet
12x 2014 Blackbird Arise

User avatar
Jeff Rosenberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 332
Joined: April 26th, 2015, 6:38 pm
Location: Webster, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13374 Post by Jeff Rosenberg » May 29th, 2020, 8:45 pm

2016 Ridge Estate Cabernet x 6

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13375 Post by Andrew K. » May 29th, 2020, 9:38 pm

Andre M wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:20 pm
What is the rate to ship to USA? Thanks.
Don't know, the tariffs are what will get you now. Cost me $30 to ship 3 cases to UK.
к𝓁ย𝐠

User avatar
Br1an Th0rne
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 390
Joined: May 28th, 2009, 9:37 pm
Location: Just outside of Philly

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13376 Post by Br1an Th0rne » May 30th, 2020, 2:45 pm

The HDH auction prices were once again quite strong; many OWC lots with good provenance, so that no doubt helped keep interest high. I picked up cases of:

2000 Ch. Montrose
2000 Ch. Léoville Poyferré
1970 Taylor Fladgate

Particularly pleased about the ‘70 Taylor Fladgate; this year is my parents 50th wedding anniversary, and they really enjoy port. I think I’ll split it with them [cheers.gif]

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13377 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 30th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Hm, 07 rsv for 1500, decent deal.

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13378 Post by Andrew K. » May 30th, 2020, 3:08 pm

2015 Jean-Marc Millot Grands Echezeaux

I think I overpaid but looking forward to trying this producer
к𝓁ย𝐠

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 803
Joined: January 21st, 2018, 2:26 pm
Location: Newtown, PA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13379 Post by AD Northup » May 30th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Hm, 07 rsv for 1500, decent deal.
Pretty good deal indeed
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2020 WsOTY:

2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (#1)
1954 Fontanafredda Barbaresco
2015 Ultramarine BdB

2019 WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Époque
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13380 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 30th, 2020, 4:19 pm

AD Northup wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Hm, 07 rsv for 1500, decent deal.
Pretty good deal indeed
Well with the buyer premium it wouldn’t be as good.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13381 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 30th, 2020, 4:20 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 3:08 pm
2015 Jean-Marc Millot Grands Echezeaux

I think I overpaid but looking forward to trying this producer
Vinopolis?

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13382 Post by Andrew K. » May 30th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:20 pm
Andrew K. wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 3:08 pm
2015 Jean-Marc Millot Grands Echezeaux

I think I overpaid but looking forward to trying this producer
Vinopolis?
Bassins. They only had 3.
к𝓁ย𝐠

User avatar
Andrew K.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 387
Joined: April 24th, 2020, 11:41 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13383 Post by Andrew K. » May 30th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:19 pm
AD Northup wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 2:51 pm
Hm, 07 rsv for 1500, decent deal.
Pretty good deal indeed
Well with the buyer premium it wouldn’t be as good.
Naw I wouldn't pull the trigger on that for an average vintage. Maybe Rich. $1400 or less is good for RSV.
к𝓁ย𝐠

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13384 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 30th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:33 pm
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:19 pm
AD Northup wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:05 pm


Pretty good deal indeed
Well with the buyer premium it wouldn’t be as good.
Naw I wouldn't pull the trigger on that for an average vintage. Maybe Rich. $1400 or less is good for RSV.
The vintage means you can drink it sooner, as opposed to 20 years or whatever

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13385 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 30th, 2020, 8:13 pm

Andrew K. wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 4:20 pm
Andrew K. wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 3:08 pm
2015 Jean-Marc Millot Grands Echezeaux

I think I overpaid but looking forward to trying this producer
Vinopolis?
Bassins. They only had 3.
Vinopolis had decent pricing. Benchmark has the 10 for 250 w the bin sale and Amex offer.

Subu Ramachandran
Posts: 847
Joined: May 3rd, 2017, 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13386 Post by Subu Ramachandran » May 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm

2010 La Tache
2010 MG Clos Vougeot
2016 Millot GE
2010 Ponsot CldR VV
2014 Mugnier Amoureuses
2012 d'Angerville Taillepieds

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1322
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13387 Post by Sh@n A » May 30th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Subu Ramachandran wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm
2010 La Tache
2010 MG Clos Vougeot
2016 Millot GE
2010 Ponsot CldR VV
2014 Mugnier Amoureuses
2012 d'Angerville Taillepieds
waiting for invite to social distancing night at Subus! champagne.gif
/ @ g r @ \

Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1322
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13388 Post by Sh@n A » May 30th, 2020, 9:19 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 8:13 pm
Vinopolis had decent pricing. Benchmark has the 10 for 250 w the bin sale and Amex offer.
Thanks for mentioning this. I just picked up a bottle using this coupon (Bruno Clair '10 CSJ)
/ @ g r @ \

Subu Ramachandran
Posts: 847
Joined: May 3rd, 2017, 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13389 Post by Subu Ramachandran » May 30th, 2020, 9:36 pm

Sh@n A wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 9:17 pm
Subu Ramachandran wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm
2010 La Tache
2010 MG Clos Vougeot
2016 Millot GE
2010 Ponsot CldR VV
2014 Mugnier Amoureuses
2012 d'Angerville Taillepieds
waiting for invite to social distancing night at Subus! champagne.gif
Def bud, will send an invite for sometime in 2040!!

Paul @bbott
Posts: 12
Joined: May 25th, 2020, 8:57 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13390 Post by Paul @bbott » May 30th, 2020, 11:12 pm

With all the love shown for it on other threads, I have just bought 6 Durfort Vivens 2016, in another decade and a bit I will know how close my palette is to others on WB. newhere

User avatar
HMechbal
Posts: 96
Joined: June 4th, 2019, 5:08 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13391 Post by HMechbal » May 31st, 2020, 5:22 am

Found a website specialized in Chateauneuf-du-Pape with good deals so took advantage :
2x Beaucastel (red) 2017
2x Vieux Donjon (red) 2018
3x Saint Prefert (white) 2018
Hamza

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1317
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13392 Post by Greg K » May 31st, 2020, 7:25 am

Subu Ramachandran wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm
2010 La Tache
2010 MG Clos Vougeot
2016 Millot GE
2010 Ponsot CldR VV
2014 Mugnier Amoureuses
2012 d'Angerville Taillepieds
Thought you were keeping your powder dry! [wow.gif]
Greg Kahn

Subu Ramachandran
Posts: 847
Joined: May 3rd, 2017, 1:16 pm
Location: NYC

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13393 Post by Subu Ramachandran » May 31st, 2020, 8:07 am

Greg K wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 7:25 am
Subu Ramachandran wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm
2010 La Tache
2010 MG Clos Vougeot
2016 Millot GE
2010 Ponsot CldR VV
2014 Mugnier Amoureuses
2012 d'Angerville Taillepieds
Thought you were keeping your powder dry! [wow.gif]
To quote Oscar Wilde, "I can resist anything except temptation."

User avatar
Eric Egan
Posts: 588
Joined: July 17th, 2016, 6:23 am
Location: North-East England

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13394 Post by Eric Egan » May 31st, 2020, 1:50 pm

Delamotte Collection 2004
Tondonia Grand Reserva 1961
Jaboulet-Vercherre Hermitage Rochefine 1964 x2
Clos de la Salace (Haut-Barsac) 1947 & 1949

And a bunch of mixed Leon Barral
Composer and Academic | UK

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 2064
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13395 Post by William Kelley » May 31st, 2020, 2:01 pm

3x 2007 La Tâche
1x 2009 DRC Richebourg
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 2064
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13396 Post by William Kelley » May 31st, 2020, 2:02 pm

Eric Egan wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 1:50 pm

Jaboulet-Vercherre Hermitage Rochefine 1964 x2
You have much experience with this bottling?
The Wine Advocate

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4926
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13397 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » May 31st, 2020, 2:05 pm

William Kelley wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:02 pm
Eric Egan wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 1:50 pm

Jaboulet-Vercherre Hermitage Rochefine 1964 x2
You have much experience with this bottling?
I’ve had it at Berns, pretty good.

User avatar
Eric Egan
Posts: 588
Joined: July 17th, 2016, 6:23 am
Location: North-East England

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13398 Post by Eric Egan » May 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm

William Kelley wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:02 pm
Eric Egan wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 1:50 pm

Jaboulet-Vercherre Hermitage Rochefine 1964 x2
You have much experience with this bottling?
I wouldn’t say much; I’ve had a bottle each of the ‘78 and ‘55. The former was very good but not outstanding (could have been down to storage problems), but the latter was a real marvel - as good an old Hermitage as I’ve had. Don’t know who made the wine but am looking forward to this one!

Good work on the DRC by the way.
Composer and Academic | UK

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 2064
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13399 Post by William Kelley » May 31st, 2020, 4:13 pm

Eric Egan wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm
William Kelley wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:02 pm
Eric Egan wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 1:50 pm

Jaboulet-Vercherre Hermitage Rochefine 1964 x2
You have much experience with this bottling?
I wouldn’t say much; I’ve had a bottle each of the ‘78 and ‘55. The former was very good but not outstanding (could have been down to storage problems), but the latter was a real marvel - as good an old Hermitage as I’ve had. Don’t know who made the wine but am looking forward to this one!

Good work on the DRC by the way.
Given Jaboulet-Vercherre's trajectory, it makes sense that '55 would trump '78 I think... but that's just extrapolation from their Burgundies.
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
Eric Egan
Posts: 588
Joined: July 17th, 2016, 6:23 am
Location: North-East England

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#13400 Post by Eric Egan » June 1st, 2020, 6:40 am

William Kelley wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 4:13 pm
Eric Egan wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm
William Kelley wrote:
May 31st, 2020, 2:02 pm


You have much experience with this bottling?
I wouldn’t say much; I’ve had a bottle each of the ‘78 and ‘55. The former was very good but not outstanding (could have been down to storage problems), but the latter was a real marvel - as good an old Hermitage as I’ve had. Don’t know who made the wine but am looking forward to this one!

Good work on the DRC by the way.
Given Jaboulet-Vercherre's trajectory, it makes sense that '55 would trump '78 I think... but that's just extrapolation from their Burgundies.
Good point; I've not had many of their Burgundies but of the few I've had they went from surprisingly good to underwhelming at some point in the (early?) 70s.
Composer and Academic | UK

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”