What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Yao C
Posts: 549
Joined: February 1st, 2017, 10:53 pm
Location: Portland / San Francisco

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11301 Post by Yao C » July 29th, 2019, 11:26 am

Few more odds and ends...

1982 Carmenet Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma
1989 Sociando Mallet
1997 Dominus
2001 Mugneret-Gibourg NSG Vignes Rondes
2001 Guigal La Landonne
C h 0 o n 6

mattccheung
Posts: 78
Joined: September 14th, 2018, 1:40 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11302 Post by mattccheung » July 29th, 2019, 11:28 am

2016 Tor Cimarossa and Tierra Roja
2013 Saxum Terry Hoage

User avatar
Scott Watkins
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:49 am
Location: Sherman Oaks

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11303 Post by Scott Watkins » July 29th, 2019, 11:50 am

2017 Domaine François Cotat Sancerre Les Culs de Beaujeu because of some damn 3 year old thread that I was reading here [cheers.gif]
“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

YLee
Posts: 949
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11304 Post by YLee » July 29th, 2019, 12:19 pm

few of each
2016 Gonon St Joseph
2012 J.L. Chave Hermitage
2014 J.L. Chave Hermitage
2013 Allemand Cornas Reynard
2009 Allemand Les Chaillots
2012 Robert Chevillon - Nuits St Georges Les Cailles 1er Cru
2016 L'Arlot - Vosne-Romanee Les Suchots 1er Cru
-¥ 0 ñ 9

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 32756
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11305 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
In addition to some Bedrock allocations . . . . l
Wait . . . what?!?!
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11306 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 29th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
In addition to some Bedrock allocations . . . . l
Wait . . . what?!?!
Really?

I’ve been on their list since their inaugural vintage. It’s the only CA list that I am on. I only buy their field blends and Zins, many of which are world class and can appeal to AFWE palates. I think you know I buy Ridge as well, but am tending to like Bedrock more as they are far more light-handed on their oak usage. Alcohol in check as well. These really are excellent wines.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 32756
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11307 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 29th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
In addition to some Bedrock allocations . . . . l
Wait . . . what?!?!
Really?

I’ve been on their list since their inaugural vintage. It’s the only CA list that I am on. I only buy their field blends and Zins, many of which are world class and can appeal to AFWE palates. I think you know I buy Ridge as well, but am tending to like Bedrock more as they are far more light-handed on their oak usage. Alcohol in check as well. These really are excellent wines.
You think you know someone . . . .
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30542
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11308 Post by c fu » July 29th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:24 pm
In addition to some Bedrock allocations . . . . l
Wait . . . what?!?!
Really?

I’ve been on their list since their inaugural vintage. It’s the only CA list that I am on. I only buy their field blends and Zins, many of which are world class and can appeal to AFWE palates. I think you know I buy Ridge as well, but am tending to like Bedrock more as they are far more light-handed on their oak usage. Alcohol in check as well. These really are excellent wines.
what the

Robert is also secretly on a bunch of Burgundy Allocations too
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

User avatar
TBurklow
Posts: 358
Joined: May 13th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11309 Post by TBurklow » July 29th, 2019, 3:22 pm

YLee wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:19 pm
few of each
2016 Gonon St Joseph
2012 J.L. Chave Hermitage
2014 J.L. Chave Hermitage
2013 Allemand Cornas Reynard
2009 Allemand Les Chaillots
2012 Robert Chevillon - Nuits St Georges Les Cailles 1er Cru
2016 L'Arlot - Vosne-Romanee Les Suchots 1er Cru
Fun list of goodies there!
T ¥ £ € R

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11310 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 29th, 2019, 5:18 pm

c fu wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 3:12 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:30 pm


Wait . . . what?!?!
Really?

I’ve been on their list since their inaugural vintage. It’s the only CA list that I am on. I only buy their field blends and Zins, many of which are world class and can appeal to AFWE palates. I think you know I buy Ridge as well, but am tending to like Bedrock more as they are far more light-handed on their oak usage. Alcohol in check as well. These really are excellent wines.
what the

Robert is also secretly on a bunch of Burgundy Allocations too
Life is but a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3794
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 7:08 pm
Location: Calif.

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11311 Post by B. Buzzini » July 29th, 2019, 5:57 pm

A cluster of....
13/14 Bertheau Bourgogne
17 Buisson-Charles Chassagne En Remilly
14 Ramonet Chassagne Blanc’s.
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 32756
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11312 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 29th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 5:18 pm
c fu wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 3:12 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:43 pm


Really?

I’ve been on their list since their inaugural vintage. It’s the only CA list that I am on. I only buy their field blends and Zins, many of which are world class and can appeal to AFWE palates. I think you know I buy Ridge as well, but am tending to like Bedrock more as they are far more light-handed on their oak usage. Alcohol in check as well. These really are excellent wines.
what the

Robert is also secretly on a bunch of Burgundy Allocations too
Life is but a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
Covered in chocolate and then deep fried
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2132
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11313 Post by Robert M yers » July 29th, 2019, 7:03 pm

William Kelley wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 5:22 am
Obscene Métras allocation just landed... I think I will have to open a wine bar at this rate...

12x 2018 Madame Placard
24x 2018 Beaujolais
12x Fleurie Printemps
12x Fleurie VV
6x mags Fleurie VV
William,
I love Metras but was wondering with this quantity if you are aging these? I’ve never cellared any because the fresh fruit seems to have so much charm. Curious to your experience if you are.

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7158
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11314 Post by Nick Gangas » July 29th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 5:18 pm
c fu wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 3:12 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 12:43 pm


Really?

I’ve been on their list since their inaugural vintage. It’s the only CA list that I am on. I only buy their field blends and Zins, many of which are world class and can appeal to AFWE palates. I think you know I buy Ridge as well, but am tending to like Bedrock more as they are far more light-handed on their oak usage. Alcohol in check as well. These really are excellent wines.
what the

Robert is also secretly on a bunch of Burgundy Allocations too
Life is but a mystery wrapped in an enigma.
please stop it. You're making me miss Gotham.

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7158
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11315 Post by Nick Gangas » July 29th, 2019, 9:50 pm

case plus a mag of Jamet 16 CR.
3 btls of 99 just released.

User avatar
LMD Ermitaño
Posts: 3422
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11316 Post by LMD Ermitaño » July 30th, 2019, 4:13 am

Just a few to give as a gift to an old friend for his birthday. He particularly favours Ch. Talbot.
Attachments
8CE9CBC6-9D39-4184-A455-E1C63D243AE5.jpeg
Luis Manuel Debuque Monreal Ermitaño

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11317 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 30th, 2019, 4:27 am

12 x 2016 Chateau Lamarque

Took a flyer on some everyday stuff. Never had it but Neal Martin raved about it, Leve did not (I kid, he calls it fresh and charming), and it was all of $21.99 BTC. It is an old estate, ages in cement, malo in vats, finished in a mix of new (33%) and used French oak. I like that. Splitting it with a friend.

If I don’t like it, my Dad gets more of my rejects.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11318 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 30th, 2019, 9:34 am

A few Thierry Richoux Irancy 2015

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
LMD Ermitaño
Posts: 3422
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 5:14 am
Location: Philippines

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11319 Post by LMD Ermitaño » July 30th, 2019, 9:51 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 4:27 am
12 x 2016 Chateau Lamarque

Took a flyer on some everyday stuff. Never had it but Neal Martin raved about it, Leve did not (I kid, he calls it fresh and charming), and it was all of $21.99 BTC. It is an old estate, ages in cement, malo in vats, finished in a mix of new (33%) and used French oak. I like that. Splitting it with a friend.

If I don’t like it, my Dad gets more of my rejects.
It’s quite decent, especially in strong vintages. My father usually has some in his house (has had for pretty much as long as I can recall) for popping open whenever.
Luis Manuel Debuque Monreal Ermitaño

Joe Chanley
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 684
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11320 Post by Joe Chanley » July 30th, 2019, 12:42 pm

faury VV and a smattering of 2018 dutraive

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2697
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11321 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » July 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm

15-16 Jamet CR
16 Digoia Royer Chambolle 1er and Fremieres

Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 34
Joined: May 16th, 2019, 7:28 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11322 Post by Demian Saenz » July 30th, 2019, 3:40 pm

2006 Beringer Private Reserve $88
2005 Chateau Cantemerle $31

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 32756
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11323 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 30th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Demian Saenz wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 3:40 pm
2006 Beringer Private Reserve $88
2005 Chateau Cantemerle $31
great price on the Cantemerle
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11324 Post by William Kelley » July 30th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Robert M yers wrote:
July 29th, 2019, 7:03 pm
William Kelley wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 5:22 am
Obscene Métras allocation just landed... I think I will have to open a wine bar at this rate...

12x 2018 Madame Placard
24x 2018 Beaujolais
12x Fleurie Printemps
12x Fleurie VV
6x mags Fleurie VV
William,
I love Metras but was wondering with this quantity if you are aging these? I’ve never cellared any because the fresh fruit seems to have so much charm. Curious to your experience if you are.
Well, this is the biggest allocation I ever received... but I am certainly planning on aging some of the Fleurie VV and the magnums of the same. And I think, since I pick them up from the Beaujolais when the weather is cool and take them straight to my cellar in Beaune, that they should age well. But, that said, I have so many folks over to dinner at my apartment in Beaune, that I get through quite a lot of wine entertaining. And since Métras is comparatively tricky to get hold of in Anglophone markets, it's something interesting to open that people will enjoy. For the same reason, I enjoy serving Selosse, Overnoy, Domaine des Mirroirs and so forth to friends who don't have good access to those wines.
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11325 Post by Josh Grossman » July 30th, 2019, 4:34 pm

2015 Moussé Fils Champagne Special Club Extra Brut Rosé de Saignée
2012 Josef Walter Hundsrück Spätburgunder "J"
2015 Francesco Rinaldi e Figli Barolo Le Brunate
2015 Francesco Rinaldi e Figli Barolo Cannubi

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1231
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11326 Post by Ethan Abraham » July 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm

A few 2017 white burgs
Bouchard Perrieres
Niellon chevalier-montrachet

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11327 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm

1969 Mayacamas Cabernet

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Jayson Cohen
Posts: 1779
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 4:29 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11328 Post by Jayson Cohen » July 30th, 2019, 6:59 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 9:34 am
A few Thierry Richoux Irancy 2015
That was a tempting offer.

Russ Williams
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8113
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 9:58 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11329 Post by Russ Williams » July 30th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Jayson Cohen wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 6:59 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 9:34 am
A few Thierry Richoux Irancy 2015
That was a tempting offer.
I drank through a six pack of the 2009 and it was a very uninspiring wine.
Listen to more Jerry, it will heal your soul.
9/1/74 - Keystone Berkeley

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11330 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 31st, 2019, 4:14 pm

Some 2016 Grand Puy Ducasse for $39.99

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11331 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 31st, 2019, 4:16 pm

Oops, just pulled the trigger for some 2016 Chateau Sociando for the same price. A lot more than i have paid before, but this is it. No more new releases. I said that in 2014. This time I mean it, like really really mean it. Done.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 32756
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11332 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 31st, 2019, 4:21 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:16 pm
Oops, just pulled the trigger for some 2016 Chateau Sociando for the same price. A lot more than i have paid before, but this is it. No more new releases. I said that in 2014. This time I mean it, like really really mean it. Done.
Image
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2697
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11333 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » July 31st, 2019, 4:22 pm

Some burgs and champs

RL Legras St Vincent
Jose Michel Rose
2012 Chetillons
2016 Digioia Royer CM

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11334 Post by William Kelley » July 31st, 2019, 5:45 pm

Russ Williams wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Jayson Cohen wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 6:59 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 9:34 am
A few Thierry Richoux Irancy 2015
That was a tempting offer.
I drank through a six pack of the 2009 and it was a very uninspiring wine.
It tastes pretty good today!
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11335 Post by William Kelley » July 31st, 2019, 5:46 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm
1969 Mayacamas Cabernet
Should be interesting! Lots of Spring Mountain purchased fruit back then IIRC.
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11336 Post by William Kelley » July 31st, 2019, 5:47 pm

Ethan Abraham wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm
A few 2017 white burgs
Bouchard Perrieres
Niellon chevalier-montrachet
I bought quite a lot of the Niellon Chevalier as it's my daughter's birth year. Very happy with how the lower appellations from Niellon are showing in bottle so far. Tightening up in a way that bodes well for the long haul.
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11337 Post by William Kelley » July 31st, 2019, 5:48 pm

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 9:34 am
A few Thierry Richoux Irancy 2015
Bought this in magnum. Great party wine.
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3794
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 7:08 pm
Location: Calif.

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11338 Post by B. Buzzini » July 31st, 2019, 5:52 pm

William Kelley wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:46 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm
1969 Mayacamas Cabernet
Should be interesting! Lots of Spring Mountain purchased fruit back then IIRC.
Had it a couple years ago...drank really well...but I HIGHLY recommend a PnP as it faded rather quickly.
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11339 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » July 31st, 2019, 6:13 pm

B. Buzzini wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:52 pm
William Kelley wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:46 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm
1969 Mayacamas Cabernet
Should be interesting! Lots of Spring Mountain purchased fruit back then IIRC.
Had it a couple years ago...drank really well...but I HIGHLY recommend a PnP as it faded rather quickly.
Thanks for relaying that. Popping it Sunday night.

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

Ron Erickson
Posts: 4481
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11340 Post by Ron Erickson » July 31st, 2019, 7:25 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:21 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:16 pm
Oops, just pulled the trigger for some 2016 Chateau Sociando for the same price. A lot more than i have paid before, but this is it. No more new releases. I said that in 2014. This time I mean it, like really really mean it. Done.
Image
I'm just trying to get my head around where your storing all this stuff. The Misses must be very understanding.

User avatar
Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2319
Joined: June 30th, 2009, 8:24 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11341 Post by Warren Taranow » July 31st, 2019, 7:46 pm

2017 Joseph Voillot Pommard Les Pèzerolles and Volnay Les Fremiets. Someone beat me to the Rugiens.

WT
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30542
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11342 Post by c fu » July 31st, 2019, 8:22 pm

Ron Erickson wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 7:25 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:21 pm
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:16 pm
Oops, just pulled the trigger for some 2016 Chateau Sociando for the same price. A lot more than i have paid before, but this is it. No more new releases. I said that in 2014. This time I mean it, like really really mean it. Done.
Image
I'm just trying to get my head around where your storing all this stuff. The Misses must be very understanding.
Robert's house is so big that I got lost going to the restroom.

Also it cost $25,000 cause it's in Orlando
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Ron Erickson
Posts: 4481
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11343 Post by Ron Erickson » July 31st, 2019, 9:27 pm

Ya, but with the run he's been on, warehousing might become a necessity.

Greg K
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 749
Joined: December 21st, 2013, 3:16 pm
Location: New York

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11344 Post by Greg K » July 31st, 2019, 9:53 pm

William Kelley wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:47 pm
Ethan Abraham wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm
A few 2017 white burgs
Bouchard Perrieres
Niellon chevalier-montrachet
I bought quite a lot of the Niellon Chevalier as it's my daughter's birth year. Very happy with how the lower appellations from Niellon are showing in bottle so far. Tightening up in a way that bodes well for the long haul.
I've had some premox issues with Niellon, so I'm a bit wary of buying the higher end stuff, but I may have just gotten unlucky.
Greg Kahn

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 30542
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11345 Post by c fu » July 31st, 2019, 10:12 pm

Greg K wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 9:53 pm
William Kelley wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:47 pm
Ethan Abraham wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm
A few 2017 white burgs
Bouchard Perrieres
Niellon chevalier-montrachet
I bought quite a lot of the Niellon Chevalier as it's my daughter's birth year. Very happy with how the lower appellations from Niellon are showing in bottle so far. Tightening up in a way that bodes well for the long haul.
I've had some premox issues with Niellon, so I'm a bit wary of buying the higher end stuff, but I may have just gotten unlucky.
not unlucky, also have had issues
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1231
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11346 Post by Ethan Abraham » August 1st, 2019, 3:08 am

William Kelley wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 5:47 pm
Ethan Abraham wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 5:19 pm
A few 2017 white burgs
Bouchard Perrieres
Niellon chevalier-montrachet
I bought quite a lot of the Niellon Chevalier as it's my daughter's birth year. Very happy with how the lower appellations from Niellon are showing in bottle so far. Tightening up in a way that bodes well for the long haul.
Exactly. Same for me! I should probably add to the order. Nb there is a US retailer who has a few bottles left that aren't showing on wine searcher for anyone else who is looking for this one...pm me.

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1380
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11347 Post by William Kelley » August 1st, 2019, 5:59 am

c fu wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 10:12 pm
Greg K wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 9:53 pm

I've had some premox issues with Niellon, so I'm a bit wary of buying the higher end stuff, but I may have just gotten unlucky.
not unlucky, also have had issues
They definitely had a bad run at one point but more recent stuff seems to be holding up... I discussed it quite extensively with them.
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3711
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11348 Post by scamhi » August 1st, 2019, 6:02 am

Joe Chanley wrote:
July 30th, 2019, 12:42 pm
faury VV and a smattering of 2018 dutraive
I opened a 2018 Dutraive Fleurie VV last night and it was outstanding.
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 20507
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11349 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » August 1st, 2019, 6:29 am

c fu wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 8:22 pm
Ron Erickson wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 7:25 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 4:21 pm


Image
I'm just trying to get my head around where your storing all this stuff. The Misses must be very understanding.
Robert's house is so big that I got lost going to the restroom.

Also it cost $25,000 cause it's in Orlando
You got lost?

Carnes and I were certain you took another take-out order — during the intermezzo of our eight course chef meal — and were scarfing it down in the game room with Nick, playing video games.

Funny, or sad, irony but I just realized that I had already ordered that Sociando, so this is a double. Ugh.

And Ron, this stuff never sees the light of day. Delivered to the office, temp storage in an office wine fridge, then moved to offsite. Paid on a business card. Home fridge is under 100 bottles, so that’s all I own. ;)

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
RehbergK
Posts: 1477
Joined: August 14th, 2015, 9:31 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#11350 Post by RehbergK » August 1st, 2019, 7:59 am

2016 Saint Damien Gigondas Vieilles Vignes x 2
2016 Saint Damien Gigondas La Louisiane x 2
2016 Saint Damien Gigondas Les Souteyrades x 2
K E V I N

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”