What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Brian S t o t t e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 629
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 6:05 am
Location: Brookline, MA
Contact:

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9901 Post by Brian S t o t t e r » January 1st, 2019, 11:55 am

Not bought today, but a preorder I just picked up:

3 x 2016 Cedric Bouchard BdN Cote de Val Vilaine
1 x 2014 Cedric Bouchard BdB La Boloree
3 x 2017 Willi Schaefer Graacher Domprobst Riesling Spatlese #5
CT: InZinity

2019 WOTY (so far):
1987 Dunn Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
1990 Chateau Beaucastel Chateauneuf-du-Pape

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11062
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9902 Post by alan weinberg » January 1st, 2019, 5:22 pm

I’ve gone through almost the entire day w/o buying wine but the 08 Cristal I am now drinking may change my mind!

crickey
Posts: 307
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 2:59 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9903 Post by crickey » January 1st, 2019, 6:07 pm

First day of the new year and I already bought wine. So much for that New Year's resolution!
Chri$ Ri¢k€y

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 586
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9904 Post by Sh@n A » January 3rd, 2019, 11:18 pm

2012 Barthod Le Veroilles (case)
2010 Chevillon Cailles
2014 Chevillon Les St. Georges
2012 Fourrier Bourgogne
2015 Fourrier Bourgogne
2015 Hudelot-Noellat Bourgogne (case)
2012 Hudelot Chambolle-Musigny
2013 Cappellano Pie Franco
2013 Brovia Barolo Normale (mixed CT notes on this one... which strikes me as odd given strength of single vineyard reviews)


P.S. Went back to Gordons to add a couple more '13 Brovia Villero (upon shipping they discovered the mags I ordered turned out to be mislabeled...) and they reported a recent sudden interest in the wine that cleared them out of their remaining cases.... newhere
/ @ g r @ \

DanielP
Posts: 356
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9905 Post by DanielP » January 3rd, 2019, 11:33 pm

Sh@n A wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:18 pm
2013 Brovia Barolo Normale (mixed CT notes on this one... which strikes me as odd given strength of single vineyard reviews)
I sometimes am surprised by how consistently high a lot of young barolo is scored on CT. Personally, I find young nebbiolo to be maybe the most confusing and difficult wine to pin down. It changes seemingly by the minute. Sometimes it drinks well on PnP, then closes up. Sometimes it takes a long decant to open up instead. One sniff may be totally beguiling, and then for the next dozen sniffs, absolutely nothing. Then there's the punishing tannins. I find that I get the best results after an overnight recorked in the fridge, but that's certainly not super reliable either. I think it can be fun to open a young quality barolo/barbaresco every once in a while, in the same way that the lottery is fun to play.
P@ik

PCLIN
Posts: 1228
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9906 Post by PCLIN » January 4th, 2019, 12:09 am

crickey wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 6:07 pm
First day of the new year and I already bought wine. So much for that New Year's resolution!

I broke it on the 3rd day.

One case of NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rose Reserve during merchant’s sales.
Chiu Lin

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2136
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9907 Post by maureen nelson » January 4th, 2019, 4:57 am

PCLIN wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 12:09 am
crickey wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 6:07 pm
First day of the new year and I already bought wine. So much for that New Year's resolution!

I broke it on the 3rd day.

One case of NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rose Reserve during merchant’s sales.
Drank that at a christmas party. Delicious and showing well now.

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19219
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9908 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » January 4th, 2019, 5:02 am

Already broke my NYE resolution. We are addicts, I tell you!

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 496
Joined: July 31st, 2018, 9:49 am
Location: MA / FL

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9909 Post by Jim Stewart » January 4th, 2019, 5:11 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:02 am
Already broke my NYE resolution. We are addicts, I tell you!
My mom used to warn me of what can happen when you associate with the wrong crowd . . .
My latest 'fixes' are half bottles to check out some tips from associates ("Hey buddy, wanna try something?") :
2016 Talley Vineyards Estate Chardonnay Arroyo Grande
2017 Chateau Thivin Cote De Brouilly

PCLIN
Posts: 1228
Joined: August 3rd, 2013, 9:45 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9910 Post by PCLIN » January 4th, 2019, 5:25 am

maureen nelson wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 4:57 am
PCLIN wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 12:09 am
crickey wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 6:07 pm
First day of the new year and I already bought wine. So much for that New Year's resolution!

I broke it on the 3rd day.

One case of NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rose Reserve during merchant’s sales.
Drank that at a christmas party. Delicious and showing well now.

Great. Thanks. Just couldn’t say no to £295 per case. [cheers.gif]
Chiu Lin

User avatar
Robert.A.Jr.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 19219
Joined: January 28th, 2010, 5:03 am
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9911 Post by Robert.A.Jr. » January 4th, 2019, 5:26 am

Jim Stewart wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:11 am
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:02 am
Already broke my NYE resolution. We are addicts, I tell you!
My mom used to warn me of what can happen when you associate with the wrong crowd . . .
My latest 'fixes' are half bottles to check out some tips from associates ("Hey buddy, wanna try something?") :
2016 Talley Vineyards Estate Chardonnay Arroyo Grande
2017 Chateau Thivin Cote De Brouilly
Yea buddy, thanks for the reminder: I need to grab the 2017 Thivin. Already bought 2017 Roilettes and Boulands over the holiday! [wow.gif]

Enablers . . . .

"@lf3rt was clearly raised in an outhouse in the Loire. . . ."

Kenny H (circa 2015)

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 30843
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9912 Post by Neal.Mollen » January 4th, 2019, 6:03 am

Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:02 am
Already broke my NYE resolution. We are addicts, I tell you!
My name is Neal and I am an addict.

Staying strong. A day at a time. Bought some sweet headphones instead of wine (and I actually have a place in my home for the cans)
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13172
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9913 Post by Jay Miller » January 4th, 2019, 7:37 am

PCLIN wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 12:09 am

I broke it on the 3rd day.

One case of NV Charles Heidsieck Champagne Brut Rose Reserve during merchant’s sales.
Me too.

I went to order another bottle of the 2000 Valdespino Macharnudo Palo Cortado from Flatiron, panicked when I saw they were all out, ran to wine-searcher, and ordered 3 from Saratoga instead.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Jayson Cohen
Posts: 1466
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 4:29 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9914 Post by Jayson Cohen » January 4th, 2019, 8:00 am

DanielPaik wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:33 pm
Sh@n A wrote:
January 3rd, 2019, 11:18 pm
2013 Brovia Barolo Normale (mixed CT notes on this one... which strikes me as odd given strength of single vineyard reviews)
I sometimes am surprised by how consistently high a lot of young barolo is scored on CT. Personally, I find young nebbiolo to be maybe the most confusing and difficult wine to pin down. It changes seemingly by the minute. Sometimes it drinks well on PnP, then closes up. Sometimes it takes a long decant to open up instead. One sniff may be totally beguiling, and then for the next dozen sniffs, absolutely nothing. Then there's the punishing tannins. I find that I get the best results after an overnight recorked in the fridge, but that's certainly not super reliable either. I think it can be fun to open a young quality barolo/barbaresco every once in a while, in the same way that the lottery is fun to play.
This. Brovia 13 was super grumpy and tight the first day open and showed best days 2-7. PnP drinkers without patience or who down a bottle during a single dinner will be a little disappointed.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9915 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 4th, 2019, 8:02 am

Anyone have any idea how the 06 normale is drinking?

Lee Barnard
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 71
Joined: January 11th, 2018, 11:26 am
Location: Chadds Ford, PA

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9916 Post by Lee Barnard » January 4th, 2019, 8:51 am

Rounding out 2014 BDX purchases

12x 2014 Sociando Mallet
6x 2014 Leoville Barton
6x 2014 Chevalier

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9917 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 4th, 2019, 8:57 am

KL has a few 14 jadot mazis for 125 atm

User avatar
William Kelley
Posts: 1175
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 1:36 am
Location: London, Calistoga & Beaune

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9918 Post by William Kelley » January 4th, 2019, 9:12 am

12x 2017 Dauvissat Forest
3x 1980 Kalin Sonoma County Pinot Noir
1x 1989 Rayas
1x 1961 Château de Jacques Moulin-a-Vent
The Wine Advocate

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13172
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9919 Post by Jay Miller » January 4th, 2019, 10:42 am

Aack, I really don't want to finish off my 2019 budget in January...

A few more purchases

Ciacci Piccolomini d`Aragona Brunello di Montalcino Vigna di Pianrosso 1999
Benoit Lahaye Brut Cuvee Violaine 2012
J.M. Pavelot Savigny Les Beaune La Dominode 2009
Vilmart Grand Cellier Rose Rubis 2009
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9920 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 4th, 2019, 1:45 pm

2013 Mongeard Mugneret echezeaux

YLee
Posts: 524
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9921 Post by YLee » January 4th, 2019, 2:26 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 8:57 am
KL has a few 14 jadot mazis for 125 atm
Looks like someone bought them. Darn.
-Yong

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9922 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 4th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Yeah things don’t last long there

Frank Z
Posts: 185
Joined: September 5th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9923 Post by Frank Z » January 10th, 2019, 5:05 pm

2016 Myriad Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon!
Frank Zhang

User avatar
Bud Carey
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5364
Joined: February 2nd, 2009, 8:29 am
Location: Philly Suburbs

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9924 Post by Bud Carey » January 10th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Myriad Dr Crane cab, McGah semillon, and Tofanelli semillon.
Budman

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9925 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 10th, 2019, 5:36 pm

Do you guys not feel the extra $ for the Elysian is worth it?

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11062
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9926 Post by alan weinberg » January 10th, 2019, 5:51 pm

dammit. Was so proud of myself for making it ten days. And then I bought 2 bottles of 61 Dom.

User avatar
B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3667
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 7:08 pm
Location: Calif.

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9927 Post by B. Buzzini » January 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm

alan weinberg wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 5:51 pm
dammit. Was so proud of myself for making it ten days. And then I bought 2 bottles of 61 Dom.
Birth year? That’s domtastic!! I’d love to get a 69 Dom...my byear! champagne.gif
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

User avatar
Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 410
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9928 Post by Josh Grossman » January 10th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 6:03 am
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:02 am
Already broke my NYE resolution. We are addicts, I tell you!
My name is Neal and I am an addict.

Staying strong. A day at a time. Bought some sweet headphones instead of wine (and I actually have a place in my home for the cans)
I made the mistake of telling a date that I'm addicted to wine and she said, "that's not good!" I had to explain that I'm more addicted to reading about it and buying it, rather than drinking too much of it. What's that called? Oenophilia?

Edit: The last wine I bought was:

2016 A. et P. de Villaine Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise Les Clous Aimé
2013 Roagna Langhe Rosso
2016 A. et P. de Villaine Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine
2016 A. et P. de Villaine Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Fortune
2016 A. et P. de Villaine Mercurey Les Montots

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3152
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9929 Post by RyanC » January 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm

‘83, ‘86, and ‘16 Pichon Lalande
‘86 Rausan Segla
‘16 Foillard Cote de Py
And hopefully a mix of ‘16 Dujac

I need to stop.
Last edited by RyanC on January 10th, 2019, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C@ughey

User avatar
Dale Bowers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3793
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:44 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9930 Post by Dale Bowers » January 10th, 2019, 6:55 pm

RyanC wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 6:39 pm
‘83 and ‘86 Pichon Lalande
‘86 Rausan Segla
‘16 Foillard Cote de Py
And hopefully a mix of ‘16 Dujac

I need to stop.
I made a firm commitment to stop buying any new vintages of Red Burgs after 2015. That has helped some.
Cheers!

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3531
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9931 Post by scamhi » January 10th, 2019, 7:27 pm

a few bottles to start the new year
2009 Henri Jouan Clos St Denis
2016 Corrine et Jean Paul Jamet Vin de Pays Collines Rhodaniennes
2016 Corrine et Jean Paul Jamet Côtes du Rhône
2016 Vincent Dancer Les Grands Charrons (750ml) 3 90.00 270.00
2007 Domaine Louis Carillon Puligny Montrachet 1'er Cru Les Perrières
2008 Domaine Louis Carillon Puligny Montrachet 1'er Cru Les Perrières
2016 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Meursault 1'er Cru Les Charmes
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11062
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9932 Post by alan weinberg » January 10th, 2019, 7:33 pm

B. Buzzini wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm
alan weinberg wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 5:51 pm
dammit. Was so proud of myself for making it ten days. And then I bought 2 bottles of 61 Dom.
Birth year? That’s domtastic!! I’d love to get a 69 Dom...my byear! champagne.gif
nah—older than that. Sent you an email re 69 Dom.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13172
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9933 Post by Jay Miller » January 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm

2015 Prager Bodenstein
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3152
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9934 Post by RyanC » January 10th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm
2015 Prager Bodenstein
So good.
C@ughey

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 30843
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9935 Post by Neal.Mollen » January 11th, 2019, 4:30 am

Josh Grossman wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 6:07 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 6:03 am
Robert.A.Jr. wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 5:02 am
Already broke my NYE resolution. We are addicts, I tell you!
My name is Neal and I am an addict.

Staying strong. A day at a time. Bought some sweet headphones instead of wine (and I actually have a place in my home for the cans)
I made the mistake of telling a date that I'm addicted to wine and she said, "that's not good!" I had to explain that I'm more addicted to reading about it and buying it, rather than drinking too much of it. What's that called? Oenophilia?

Edit: The last wine I bought was:

2016 A. et P. de Villaine Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise Les Clous Aimé
2013 Roagna Langhe Rosso
2016 A. et P. de Villaine Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine
2016 A. et P. de Villaine Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Fortune
2016 A. et P. de Villaine Mercurey Les Montots
Ha! I never tell my dates about my wine thing. I figure sooner or later they'll find out from my wife
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2641
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9936 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » January 11th, 2019, 9:27 pm

2011 Zind-Humbrecht Gewurztraminer Hengst Vendange Tardive
2016 Schramsberg Vineyards Brut Rosé
2017 Marcel Lapierre Morgon
2015 Weingut Keller Westhofener Morstein Riesling Auslese
2016 Domaine Huet Vouvray Moelleux Le Haut-Lieu
2015 Prager Riesling Smaragd Wachstum Bodenstein
CT: BigTex22

Jayson Cohen
Posts: 1466
Joined: July 9th, 2016, 4:29 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9937 Post by Jayson Cohen » January 12th, 2019, 6:48 am

Jay Miller wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm
2015 Prager Bodenstein
:)

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3531
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9938 Post by scamhi » January 12th, 2019, 9:29 am

Jayson Cohen wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 6:48 am
Jay Miller wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm
2015 Prager Bodenstein
:)
+1
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

User avatar
Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 824
Joined: August 21st, 2009, 8:27 am
Location: Plano, TX

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9939 Post by Michael O'Brien » January 12th, 2019, 10:47 am

My most recent purchases have been from JJB
NV Bollinger Champagne Special Cuvée Brut, 375ml for $23.50
2008 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Brut, 750ml for $45
2006 R. López de Heredia Rioja Reserva Viña Tondonia, 750ml for $30.95
PlanoWino

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29828
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9940 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » January 12th, 2019, 10:50 am

1 bottle of 2015 Beychevelle for a test drive.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Philip G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 73
Joined: January 4th, 2019, 3:04 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9941 Post by Philip G » January 12th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Myriad catching up before the release:
2 2016 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Vineyard Elysian
1 2016 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Vineyard Georges III Empyrean
1 2016 Myriad Cellars Las Madres Syrah Esther Block
2 2016 Myriad Cellars Round Pond Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2016 Myriad Cellars Sangiacomo Vineyard 50% Whole Cluster Syrah
1 2016 Myriad Cellars Steltzner Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
1 2016 Myriad Cellars Three Twins Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
---------
Dr Good

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5382
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9942 Post by Mark Golodetz » January 12th, 2019, 1:08 pm

La Conseillante 2014
ITB

User avatar
Jim Brennan
Posts: 4231
Joined: April 17th, 2009, 6:10 pm
Location: People's Republic of Illinois

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9943 Post by Jim Brennan » January 12th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Clos du Jaugueyron Haut Medoc 2015
Domaine de la Pinte Arbois Poulsard "de l'Ami Karl" 2017
Domaine des Roches Neuves Saumur-Champigny Franc de Pied 2015
Nikolaihof Gruner Veltliner 'Zwickl' 2017
Clos Rougeard Saumur Champigny 2011
Moric Reserve (Blaufrankisch) 2012
Domaine de Majas Rouge 2016
Mouillard Cotes du Jura Trousseau 2015
Huet, various bottlings 2016 & 2017

dvansteenderen
Posts: 13
Joined: January 5th, 2019, 5:56 am
Location: Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9944 Post by dvansteenderen » January 13th, 2019, 4:24 am

  • 06x 2016 Schloss Lieser Riesling Trocken SL (for drinking fun)
  • 06x 2015 Schloss Lieser Riesling Trocken SL (for drinking fun)
  • 01x 2013 Altesino Brunello di Montalcino Montosoli (for a 2013 Brunello comparison tasting)
  • 01x 2013 Salvioni (Cerbaiola) Brunello di Montalcino (for a 2013 Brunello comparison tasting)
  • 01x 1991 Peter Lauer Riesling Sekt Brut Reserve (for drinking fun)
  • 01x 1990 J.B. Becker Riesling Spätlese Martinsthaler Rödchen Trocken (birth year of my girlfriend)
  • 01x 1984 Peter Lauer Riesling Sekt Brut Reserve (for drinking fun)
  • 01x 1976 J.B. Becker Riesling Auslese Eltviller Sonnenberg (wedding year of my parents)
David van Steenderen

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9945 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 13th, 2019, 4:53 am

17 Hudelot Noellat Bourgogne

J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 227
Joined: March 19th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9946 Post by J.Vizuete » January 13th, 2019, 7:17 am

Singles of

2009 Cristal
2014 L’Hermitage (rouge)

For future anniversary and birth year celebrations
John V.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2429
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9947 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » January 13th, 2019, 7:31 am

09 is an underrated vintage.

User avatar
Yao C
Posts: 403
Joined: February 1st, 2017, 10:53 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9948 Post by Yao C » January 13th, 2019, 8:05 am

D@vid Bu3ker wrote:
January 12th, 2019, 10:50 am
1 bottle of 2015 Beychevelle for a test drive.
Lovely choice and one of my favorites from the 2015 UGC tasting :)
C h 0 o n 6

User avatar
B. Buzzini
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3667
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 7:08 pm
Location: Calif.

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9949 Post by B. Buzzini » January 13th, 2019, 12:18 pm

alan weinberg wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 7:33 pm
B. Buzzini wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm
alan weinberg wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 5:51 pm
dammit. Was so proud of myself for making it ten days. And then I bought 2 bottles of 61 Dom.
Birth year? That’s domtastic!! I’d love to get a 69 Dom...my byear! champagne.gif
nah—older than that. Sent you an email re 69 Dom.
1969 Dom...thanks alan! champagne.gif
Meursault-head!

B. = Brian

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29771
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: What is YOUR most recent wine purchase?

#9950 Post by c fu » January 13th, 2019, 12:24 pm

I have not bought a single bottle of wine since Christmas. I feel so liberated and powerful. It’s a new me!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”