TN: 2001 La Dame de Montrose

I found these miss-marked for about half their typical retail price at a local shop so I had to pick up a few.

Vinturi’d into a decanter and drank over the course of about 4 hours. The wine is opaque black purple in color. I could smell the nose while I was pouring it into the decanter. Extremely dense aromatics of tobacco, herbs, tar, damp soil, and fresh plums. Medium to full bodied, sweet tannins provide structure, but the overall experience of the wine is still silky smooth. While the fruit takes a back seat in this wine to the denser tar and earth flavors, it is still quite bright and ripe, and really balances out the flavors into the finish. Next bottle will get a good 2-3 hour decant before drinking as that was when it really seemed to hit its stride.

Last posts on this wine on CellarTracker were at least 16 months ago, and most commented on this wine’s relative youth. I would say check back if you have any, because in my opinion they are rockin’ right now. [cheers.gif]

Gotta love mismarked prices. Next time just buy me a couple cause I always miss those damn phone calls! [dance2.gif]

Of course, when the bottle was empty, the wife says, “you should have bought WAY more of this.”

When I try to be cost conscious…I lose. When I spend too much on wine…I lose. [shrug.gif]

I know exactly what that’s like. My wife always tells me the same thing - but only with the wines she herself likes…