TN: 2009 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Three Twins Vineyard

• 2009 Myriad Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Three Twins Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley (4/22/2012)
    I haven’t had one of these yet and, with the new offer on the '10s coming out in June, wanted to get a sense of this cuvee before deciding about purchasing more. Following Mike’s advice, I decanted this 4 hours…poured the first glass at hour 4 and just finished it at the 4:45 mark. This has a really lush, velvety purple color and a sweet, darkly fruited nose. Rich and full bodied in the mouth, with big blackberry tones, espresso, and some interesting spice notes on the back end. Finishes with rounded tannins and nice length. I think this is more structured than the '08 Myriad Rutherford opened at the same age last year (which was also delicious, but in a more forward style). It gets 93 points in my book and, at around $50, is a fantastic buy. Mike Smith is making some exceptionally good wines and seems like a terrific guy, to boot. If you haven’t signed up yet, it’s time. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker