TN: 2001 Château Pradeaux Bandol (France, Provence, Bandol)

• 2001 Château Pradeaux Bandol - France, Provence, Bandol (4/6/2012)
    Profound wine. Wonderfully dark cherry, earth, black truffle, and grilled herbs. Ultra-complex and tannic yet fresh and balanced. This is a 20-30 year wine if you can wait that long. And judging by the truffle and earth flavors that are already very much present, it will gain even more complexity and truffle character in the next decade of its life. I bought this bottle at Chateau Pradeaux itself and if you have ever been to the property, you will know it’s a fun one to taste. We tasted the wines with the owner’s daughter and (who was a teenager then) and I’ll never forget the drive up the narrowest of passageways lined with with roses on both sides scratching the car’s sides. I am crestfallen that I only have one bottle of this left. This is one of the rare wines that I wish I had a case of or more.

Posted from CellarTracker

Haven’t had the '01 Steffen but I did pick up a few '03s of this after a tasting an eye opener for me lot’s going on. My wife and I tried to visit the winery but got there too late, maybe someday…