I wish this producer would make a . . .

What new offerings would you be excited to see from specific producers, in respect of the skill and style of the producer, the vineyards or regions that they source from, and the types of wines you would be interested to be able to try?

For example, would you be excited if Ridge made a pinot noir from the Santa Cruz Mountains? Or if Anthill Farms made a Sonoma chardonnay? Or if Bruno Giacosa made a Freisa? Or if Rhys made a pinot noir rose? Or if Carlisle made a Sonoma cabernet? Or if Copain made a sparkling wine?

Throw your personal wish list out there. Who knows, maybe someone will read it and get an idea . . .

I’d love for Rhys to figure out an appropriate site to grow Nebbiolo, and I’d also love to see a sparkling wine from them or Ceritas.

In general though, take any good producer, and it would be very interesting to see what they could do with grapes that they don’t normally use in their current production.

I’ve always wondered what Littorai Syrah would taste like. Probably pretty damn good…
Matt

I’d like to see a Zinfandel from:

Anthill
Ceritas
WesMar (please bring it back)
Rhys

Would love to try a syrah from Mount Eden …

You need to contact Allen Shoup who does the Long Shadows project and get him involved. He put wine makers to a specific AVA, so he could probably arrange for something like this to happen.

SQN Cabernet

I’d like to see a Dehlinger rose. And I’d love to see what Mike Smith would do with some high quality grenache.

It would be similar to Ghost Horse with a name like Genie in the Bottle, Murderous Birds or Caution to the Wind.

I hope our hypothetical Zin would taste a lot like Fred Scherrer’s!

Dehlinger 100% Petite sirah. That 09 Zin/PS blend is delish, but would REALLY like the all-petite version!

Ghislaine Barthod with any grand cru…but specifically Musigny.

Any number of Paso producers make more wines based on Grenache, Mourvedre and Carignane rather than Syrah.

I’d love to see more field blend style Zin rather than straight varietal wine.

I wish almost all Napa producers would go back to making Cabernet. [stirthepothal.gif]

I want a winery, from whom I have no problems sourcing their product, to make me a postcard. You guys in the States seem to get, from wineries who have no wine to sell you, a nice postcard and I want one!

Dehlinger made small quantities of a 2007 and 2008 pinot noir rose, and a 2009 zinfandel rose.

The two pinot roses were about as good as any rose I’ve ever had, plus one of the QPR bargains of all time ($15). The zinfandel is a pretty nice wine as well, but a few levels below the pinot rose. These were saignee wines, so I’m guessing we may see them again in some future year when Tom decides to bleed off juice, but who knows when that might be.

+1 best around to me

How does the Scherrer Zinfandel compare to a Carlisle or Bedrock Zin?

someone hold me back…

I wish Blankiet made a Napa cabernet.
There, I said it.

pileon pileon pileon

I’ll bite with some of my favorite Cali producers:

Rhys - Merlot
Copain - Nerello Mascalese
Williams Selyem - Sauvignon Blanc
Anthill Farms - Grenache
Wesmar - Chardonnay
Rivers Marie - Nebbiolo
Littorai - Poulsard