TN: 1993 Leoville las Cases

My third and last bottle, this is the best one yet and the best 1993 Bordeaux that I have had along with Mouton Rothschild.

A classic nose of cedar and black currant that goes back into the nostrils.

The tannins have resolved nicely providing a smooth structure along with good acidity. There is almost a salty quality on the finish which echoes with black currant and St. Julien earth on a medium bodied frame.

This was a fine midweek match with veal scallopine and truffles and a veal demi.

This bottle was originally purchase for $31. It is too bad that LLC is now priced into the stratosphere and my stock from 1986-1994 is dwindling down.

I still do not know what to do with a double magnum of the 1994 which someone had sold to me fifteen years ago, for $150.
It has been sitting sideways in my kitchen refrigerator, right next to all the doggie bags, waiting for an occasion.
The 750ml bottlings have all been great.
This monster format may still need time. [wow.gif]

Victor, I was going to quote your entire post and make a spartan comment, but I figured you’d get the jist of it without the redundancy of the quote…comment: I’d bet after spending all that time on top of your fridge your double D Maggie is more than “ready” [truce.gif] Time to find a big party to take it to! [cheers.gif]

Victor it was me who sold you that double mag and it was $250 IIRC.

A 1994 750 will be my next LLC.

No, you sold me the 1994, for $150. I might still have the paper check…right next to the first dollar I ever earned.

Inside the fridge, super slow aging

I paid about a $195 for the bottle, so I’m pretty certain I didn’t sell it for it below my cost. Maybe there was cash and a check involved?

No. I will find the check, likely in my Eurocave. Back then, the wine sold for around $45 per standard bottle. Recent CellarTracker TNs indicate that the wine is singing now.