TN: 2009 Quivet Cellars Syrah Hulda Block Las Madres Vineyard

This morning I posted on my 09 Myriad Esther Block Syrah and Mike Pobega asks if I’ve tried the Quivet. I said it was on my bucket list. What a difference a few hours make. Drove to St Helena today to pick up my Myriad and Mike treats us to the 09 Quivet Hulda Block and his first Myriad Syrah bottling from 2005. Great guy, great wines, great Scott! How do I afford all this on my measely income? Such problems. [cheers.gif]

• 2009 Quivet Cellars Syrah Hulda Block Las Madres Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley, Carneros (3/18/2012)
    Mike Smith popped this for us to taste when we stopped by to pick up our Myraid Syrah and Semillon. Tasted with him and he gave us the rest to take home with us. Uncorked for about 45 minutes and re-opened 4 hours later.
    More primal than the 09 Myriad Esther we had last night. Same dark ruby/purple color but the nose is offering lots of olive notes, smoked meat, pepper and allspice. Good structure here with a burst of pure blue and black fruit on the palate, a nice acidic lift, alcohol and ripe tannins all in perfect balance. This just lingers on and on. Juicy, juicy juicy.
    Looks like Quivet is going to be added to my portfolio in the near future.

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice. Mike is coming to town for a CLONYC dinner late April. looking forward to this one.
Awesome wine this 2009.
[cheers.gif]