Les Climats du Coeur - 4 09 Burgundy 1er Cru Mags For Charity

The offering opens today. 850 cases left. I’m struggling with it. Charity. Collector’s Item. Both good. 2009 vintage? $400 (before shipping to US) per magnum? Very much unknowns. 1200 euros are approximately $1600. Then transport to the US (which is how I arrived at the $400 per).

http://www.climats-du-coeur.com/buy.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It sounded like a good idea but at 300 euros per mag, even though it’s for charity I just can’t play. That’s 150 euros a bottle and that’s a really serious price in Burgundy… I’m glad if they manage to sell the 1,000 cases but they might have to rethink that a bit. Why not price them in a more “affordable” range (say 150 euros per mag - keeping in mind we’re not talking about GC juice here, and no idea about how 2009 will work out, etc.) and give the option for people to give more? The entrance ticket is quite high right now.

Exactly right. Had they priced it at say, 800 euros, they might better buy-in and increase the chance that they’ll sell out and increase the number of “excess” donations. When you consider the ridiculous shipping cost, it is like buying a 5th magnum. Very difficult to swallow, even if it is 100% for charity.

Still 830 remaining.