TN: 2009 Faiveley Mercurey La Framboisière

• 2009 Faiveley Mercurey La Framboisière - France, Burgundy, Côte Chalonnaise, Mercurey (3/6/2012)
    Perhaps the most open knit, user friendly young Faiveley Mercurey I have encountered. There’s flesh, creaminess and sweet fruits all coupled with some cola notes from the oak ( a marker that I often see in new model Faiveley). Underneath the squishy strawberries is a bed of iron and some soot and meaty things punch through all of the lusciousness. It has good chewy structure and you do get a lot of wine for the bucks and one that I suspect will age well.

Posted from CellarTracker

This is good to know. I think I saw some at my LWS at a reasonable price.

I thought the '02 vintage of this wine punched well above it’s weight in the Burgundy QPR division.

Thanks Jeremy, sounds good. Recenty had the 2007 of this wine and really enjoyed and also felt like I got a lot wine for the price (US$30 ish).

Cheers
Brodie

Jeremy,
Man, I want to drink that wine right now. Thanks for the information. There are some delicious red Burgundies made in 2009.

I am a big fun of Faiveley Mercurey since vintage 2005.

There is a huge difference in style between 2005 and 2006 La Framboiseieres which is normally more rustic than the other two Mercurey : namely CdMgylands and La Mauvarennes. For their mercurey wines, Faiveley used 3 years old oak-barrels from their other facility in NSG and also used a few percentage of new oak barrels.

I just had the Clos des Myglands PC which was delicious. Is this the same wine?

The '09 Faiveleys sure are likeable wines…

Faiveley has quite a few Mercurey wines. Their top one is : Clos du Roy then their 3 monpoles : Clos de Myglands, La Framboisiere and finally La Mauvarennes.
In Quebec, Canada for vintage 2005, CdR is at around $42; CdMgland is around $33; La Framb is around $ 28 ( which I still have more than 3 cases left ) and La Mauvarrennes at around $22.

Like Jeromey said CdMyglands …is the one mostly open.

the 98 Close to My Glands (little play on words seemed funny at the time…obviously not now!) was particularly lacking in charm a few years ago, but that may have been more a reflection of vintage and Faiveley erathan a comment on the vineyard

Thanks, Jeremy. Sounds like its the good++ value it usually is. I really do like strawberry jam.

Thanks for the note. There are tons of positive comments on '09 Myglands and I was really disappointed. It was really bland and had notes like you describe - creamy, cola - but I did not find them as good things.

A.

If you just got it, let it sit for 9+ months. The wine (and the other Faiveley Mercureys) need a minute to tighten up, in my experience. I bet it will show a lot better. Myglands is as reliable as it gets.