New Mailer - Arkenstone Vineyards

Just got the inaugural offer. I think Roy Piper put me on to this several months ago on the other BB.

Not cheap. $360 for a 3 pack of the Cab. Now I wonder what S&H would be?

Yeah, Piper raved about this a few months back. I got the offer, but will have to pass. I am going cold turkey on wine buying until Carlisle, Maybach and Saxum hit.

Just looked for kicks and giggles…shipping is $25 for a three pack via 2nd Day Air.

That is not bad for 2nd day air. Still another new Napa Cab right out of the gate at >$100. Gives one pause to think it over (keep saying it is only fermented grape juice, it is only fermented grape juice…rinse and repeat)

I’m in the exact same boat. Except for me it’s just the Carlisle and Saxum…

I think Piper was touting the wine on this board as well…

The Maybach (06 Materium) offering appears to be up now @ $110 each. When is Saxum?

Got more than my fair share of '06…waiting on the '07.

Saxum is mid-August per an email from them last week.

Ridiculous. Easy pass for me.

Let’s see, I can get 2 of the 06 Terra di Lavoro for each one of this one, heck easy pass. It’s even easier for me since I’m not even on the list! [berserker.gif]

Otto

Spoke too soon, I did get an email. I also got an email from Publisher’s Clearing House, so given the right outcome, they’re still in the game. [bye2.gif]

I got mine today as well. Another one turned on to them by the Roy Piper thread. I am still considering it. I like giving new wineries a shot.

I just do not understand wineries that don’t MARKET things in this economy.

If it were me, I would be taking whatever loss I HAD to, and try to show that I am biting the bullet to try and work with people in these tough times. $360/3pak? How about anything that draws people in.

Free shipping

30% off, if you buy X amount, or 40% off your purchase next year of you buy X amount…%ages are just a way of stating something here, not sure if they are appropriate, but the message is clear.

Geez…first release, in this economy? Man up with something, will ya? [help.gif]

Sorry. The last thing I need is another $120 Napa cab with no track record. Pass.

As someone who has jumped on these sort of new wines in the past, my interest was piqued by the Piper thread a few months ago. I was hoping that in the current economic climate, they’d price it more reasonably. No way am I taking a flyer in this environment on a $120 06 cab. Maybe they’ll sell out since they have relatively low production levels, but still, seems they could have induced many of us if it was less than $100/bottle - I know I would have bit.

Arkenstone - who’s the winemaker? Fred Flintstone?

Nice!

[rofl.gif]

Bumping this thread to see if anybody ordered and opened a bottle yet.

I passed.

I believe it’s the Flintstone family of Arkansas. Ouch.
[whistle.gif]

Seriously though, I’ll bet the recession wasn’t on their radar when they planned the first release a few years ago. Bad timing. Too bad. I believe a few other new higher-end cali wineries are scheduled to make their debut soon too.

I just got an email from the winemaker inviting me to check out his wines and offered to show me around if I make it out there. I would love to support new and upcoming wineries, but just how many people are out there that are willing to shell out >$100 for a bottle of wine in this economic environmnet. Even if this were the next Screagle, I do not get onto a mailing list to flip wine so…Passed on my Shafer HSS also and they just sent me an email giving me another “chance” to order with the warning at the end that I would be off the list if I did not order. I guess my spot goes to the next person willing to shell out $240 for a bottle of wine [swoon.gif]

I forgot all about this wine, so I guess you can say that I’m easily passing on this. I’ve shut down my wine buying for the year. Or so I say. It’s been since April since I’ve made any purchases and I feel pretty good about it.