Gevrey Chambertin "Les Cazetiers" 2009 Faiveley

Gevrey Chambertin “Les Cazetiers” 2009 Faiveley:
This is a wine I am buying every year because of it consistency . I have tasted the 2009 vintage about 5 times since last spring. The immense fruit which initially blocked the wine, has now stepped aside a bit and you can start to feel the complexity. On the nose it´s sweet with raspberries, smoke and minerals. The taste is super fresh with wonderful fat red fruit. Great minerality and acidity which gives the wine a lift. Everything integrates in full harmony even the oak feels fully absorbed. A super bargain! 95p. [cheers.gif]

Agreed!
It’s KILLER!

TTT

Nice note Hans, please to hear some settling of the fruit. Always have liked their Cazetiers, underrated terroir, that is since buying Faiveley from vintage 06, change of regime, though I did get some in 05’s based on the vintage.

As I have been sipping on the wine for 2 hours, I am more and more impressed by this wine. It has fatness and length of a Grand Cru. Amazing balance to add on top of everything. I just need to find more of this. I even rasied my rating one point to 95p.

Tried the 03? that’s an amazing wine!

Unfortunately I have not, but I had “Issards” 2003 a year ago and I liked it as well.

I just had it last Friday at dinner and agree wholeheartedly with your comments. An excellent wine. That said, right before dinner I had the chance to try the 2010 (along with a bunch of the other Faiveley 2010s - Mazis, Beze and Corton were stunning) and in my opinion, as good as the 2009 is, the 2010 is even better. I haven’t bought either yet and really need to do so.

Yes Dan, I completely agree with you. The 2010 Faiveley wines are even better. I tasted them from barrel in November and got totally blown away by their quality. The Clos de Bèze “Les Ouvrees Rodin” was from another planet.

I am envious of the opportunity. The regular Beze that I tried was incredible and if the cuvée was a step up, I can only imagine how great the cuvée was. Unfortunately the cost is likely 3x so I don’t expect to be buying any of that one.

No pain no gain :slight_smile:

Dan, you should also try to find Latricieres-Chambertin 2010. It is very feminine and different from the rest of the Grand Crus. Probably the most elegant wine in the Faiveley portfolio.

Thanks for the thoughts on that wine as well as it wasn’t at the tasting…based on the strength of the other ones, I ordered a 6-pack (also bought a few Echezeaux as well - how did you like that one?).

Faiveley is always one of my favorites but I confess I haven’t tried any from the new regime. I purchased a 6 pack of the 90 at release and it was a glorious wine.

Dan sorry I missed Friday. What else did you try ?

Primarily focused on Faiveley, Prieur, Moreau and Rousseau. As great as the Faiveley wines were (some of the Prieur were excellent as well), the wine of the day was probably the 2010 Rousseau Chambertin, with the Faiveley Beze and Mazis at 2/3.

Well well glad you liked this Hans . With 2 friends , we bought a barrel of this Cazetiers .

By Jove!

yes , to celebrate my friends first grandson ( born in 2009 )

Herwig, you are in a class of your own. A third of a barrel that´s 100 bottles!! When I am out wine I will call you for more :slight_smile:

50 magnums :slight_smile:

Yes of course ! I should have known. You very seldom buy half-magnums do you? [thumbs-up.gif]