Peter Michael Must be getting slammed

Got the offer, logged on and it is like dial up circa 1990

I don’t know why people would be lining up for wine that is typically available at retail for substantially less than the winery price.

What Rob said.

What Joe said.

I haven’t bought from them in years, but still get all the offers.

I have never bought from them and got an allocation of 8 Le Pavot and 4 of each of the chards.
I bet they aren’t selling very well.

Bob

I received the offer as well after buying only one bottle of the Les Pavot seven years ago. That Sir Englishman dude must have some seriously deep pockets because at $175 this stuff is moving like a glacier.

Okay, so here is the offer…

Les pavots (Bordeaux Blend)…$175. (back up the truck)
Belle cote chard…$85
La Carriere chard…$85

Does anybody buy these?
What are they like?

I used to buy… as most folks know, I have moved past Cali wines over the past several years.

I thought that PM wines were overblown like most Cali wines. The chards especially. Also, they are quite expensive.

I I did have a great private tour there once, though, and it was very enjoyable.

This round I was offered:

15 750ml, 2 mag, 1 DM 2009 Les Pavots
12 750ml, 1 mag 2010 Belle Cotes
12 750ml, 1 mag 2010 La Carriere
2 750ml, 1 mag Cuvee Indigene

Taking none of it.

I was an active buyer from their list for several years, but dropped off after the wines became available at retail for much less than the mailing list price.

Will admit I do like the les Pavots. I disagree that that particular wine is overblown in style - it rivals board favorite Kapcsandy in quality. And they are now cheaper than the grand vin. I never thought I’d say Peter Michael is a ‘value’ bordeaux style wine. I do agree that it’s very hard to buy direct given the fact you can go on Benchmark and pick up back vintages for cheaper.

The chards on the other hand are in the huge, rich, buttery CA style of Morlet and Aubert (surprise given they all are former PM folks). If you like that, then these are for you - price gets to be an issue again…

I haven’t been game to stump up breathtaking prices for the pinots. They bought some land in my favorite area, the ‘true’ Sonoma coast, so I’m tempted to try more. But from what I can tell they are built in the big, rich Pinot style. I’d go for Peay or Hirsch or Flowers first.