TN: 2005 Eric Kent Wine Cellars Pinot Noir Stiling Vineyard

• 2005 Eric Kent Wine Cellars Pinot Noir Stiling Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (6/22/2009)
    I had this wine one year ago and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately this bottle has devolved - it lost its fruit with only lingering sour cherry and rhubarb remaining - thin, light and acidic. It wasn’t corked. Looking back on CT it appears there is some bottle variation. Drank over 2 nights. (83 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Disappointing to hear, I have generally loved the Eric Kent wines. Had dinner with Kent a few months bak and he brought a 2004 Sonoma Coast Chard to compare with new releases. 2004 was AWESOME!

Hate that because I really love these Pinots!!

Is this the one with the bee on the label?

I think it is the one with the winter scene on the front.

This is unfortunate. I still have two bottles left, and was hoping to get some age out of them. I may open one up this weekend (mother-in-law is in town – read into that what you want), and see for myself.

I drank my lowly two bottles of the winter scene - have not even touched the bee yet (I hate that I only remember the labels and not the actual veinyards etc. but hey, what can you do!)

Opened my last tonight. Concur with original note. Oh, well.

Update. I popped a 2006 Stiling from Eric Kent over the weekend. Not dissimilar in profile to my memory of the '05 a year or so ago, both nose and palate. Compared to the '05 from a few days ago, the wine was much fuller and richer. Nice velvety mouthfeel. I’d say drink up based on where the 05 and 06 are comparatively at this juncture.

very, very interesting notes on these. got to open one for myself now.