Oh...How The Mighty Have Fallen

This morning I got an email from Quilceda Creek stating that there was enough wine left over from the recent Cab release to offer me an additional allocation up to my previous level. Very interesting. Probably the first time in the past five years for that one from them. I wonder who else up in the stratosphere will be sending out requests to buy more wine.

I don’t know but if you get any QC, you’ll be getting mine.

I got the same email. But my allocation last year was 6 bottles and my allocation this year was 5…how excited can I be to buy one more bottle?

High scores will cure all.

Probably the truest thing posted on this board so far…

What is the winery release price this year? And what vintage is it?

$125 for the 2006

If the scores are high people will suddenly not be able to get enough, just ridiculous, but that’s the way things have been and will continue to be.

I got that also. Offered 4 more which would have brought me up to the 24 I have always been allocated. I had to pass.

Some Recent scores.

2006 - ?
2005 - 100
2004 - 99
2003 - 100
2002 - 100
2001 - 98
2000 - 94
1999 - 98
1998 - 96

I wonder if that will be the case this time. 100 points for 3 out of the last 4 vintages isn’t enough to sell out the mailing list? I think too many wine budgets have been cut this year. Not to mention I feel like the wine is expected to get a 99 or 100 and anything less than a 98 would be a disappointment.

Out of curiosity would you have bought the 24 if they had allocated that many initially?

SQN doesn’t seem to have this problem.

Hmm, good point…

I usually “buy” it all and split it up with people who have wanted it every year.

Word 'round the campfire is that Marcassin has done the same thing - giving their list members a second chance offer for more wine. Should be interesting to see if they start adding people to their list at a faster rate than they have in the past. Or, god forbid, they do something to reach out to consumers like put up a website.

Interesting to say the least.

SQN doesn’t have Dr. Jay “I score everything 90+ Points” Miller rating the wines though.

I was thinking the same thing. Jay doesnt carry 1/3 of the weight of Parker.

Yep…when the after glow faded from his first issue with WA as people figured out the dude was point inflationary in a hurry.