Anyone tasted the 2010 Rivers Maries?

I imagine they will release soon. I’m sure I’m buying to some degree but don’t know how much. Has anyone had the opportunity to taste them who could compare them to the last few vintages?

Charles, this is my only experience to date. FWIW, I was not wowed by the 2009, but I liked very much the 2008, which was my red co-QPR for 2011. Based on how this 2010 tasted below, it was excellent and will be a bottle I buy several of if able on release.

• 2010 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (10/29/2011)
    Added to the database, looks like I am the first person in to log this wine. For context, opened last night and re-tasted this morning with a clean palate, no other wines with it. Listed alc of 14.1%. A spicy nose, what reminds me a bit of pine needle, pepper and some red apple. Like past SC bottlings, shows cranberry, although a background note, along with orange rind. What sits more squarely in the palate is a pure strawberry jam that you could spread, raspberry, some more of that pine needle feel, too. Red apple in the finish, a touch of caramel, so perhaps think candied red apple and good acidity, like a raspberry acidity and some pebble. I won’t be trading off any of this wine when I order this time. No bias here, I tasted this wine early in my day, no distractions or inteference. As it warms up to room temp, and for me this is where pinot noir can really show its stripes and flaws, to handle the warmer ambient temps, it simply just intensifies the strawberry jam note and becomes a little sexier but that’s the extent. Really, really good.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for posting the note, Frank. Sounds really tasty!

Will or TRB,
How will you guys be divvying out the pinots this year?

Frank - I always enjoy reading your notes (and have for years). But for all your amazing descriptors, I have to say my favorite part of this particular note is that you retasted the wine in the morning. Love that!

I’m with Sherri Frank! Bravo!!! [cheers.gif]

I have had the 10 SC, Summa and Theriot Chard. I thought they were all great. It seems to me the SC bottling has gotten progressively more concentrated and deep over the last few years, all for the better. crazy good for $25. I love the Summa every year and the 2010 was no exception. The Chard is very Chablisian, less oak than before (or at least it tasted that way), with intense, but reserved fruit and great structure. Thomas told me early on he was very happy with the 2010 pinots and chard. I believe the cool year really allowed for some long hang time.

You’re very kind. I got the wine into me before I had any stuff or distractions hitting my head or heart that day, along with my palate, so I gotta stand by it. Even reading it today, I can taste that damn wine from the narrative I wrote, which speaks to how much I enjoyed it that morning. What I’ll enjoy as much is seeing some of you conclude and TN your own impressions, some of you likely right after the damn GSO driver leaves your driveway on delivery day. In any event, for Mike D and Mr Nordhoff, those of you who will buy the wine, get a note posted when you have a chance and let’s see how we compare.

Just tonight had the Sonoma Coast BY THE GLASS at Solbar at Solage Resort here in Calistoga. A really nice wine - sorry no notes - but I would be very happy to have this in my cellar. Or to drink with whatever tomorrow night flirtysmile

bump