TN: 2009 Marcel Lapierre Morgon (France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon)

• 2009 Marcel Lapierre Morgon - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (12/30/2011)
    Dark, beet red. Black pepper, strawberry and plum on the nose. Powerful aromatics. A fuller bodied Gamay, yet at pitch perfection in palate weight. This enters with a delightful, fruity attack while the peppered elements hold off until it hits the mid palate. Then, all bets are off as this just washes over the mouth with complex flavors and textures. The structure has softened over the last twelve months, but there is plenty of stuffing to keep it in balance. Lovely finish with just a whisper of anise.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, Anthony. Did you pop and pour, decant, leave open? If the latter, how long?

Sorry, should have included. Followed two days. Opened day 1 poured two glasses and let them breathe an hour. Topped one from the descended bottle. Sealed overnight, opened and let the approx 1/2 bottle breathe around 45 min on day 2. Slowly breathed in glasses with dinner. Open for business in general.

Thanks. Good to have your report. I have a number of these sleeping in the cellar…

Me too,I haven’t touched em yet.Thanks for the TN Anthony

Thanks for the note.
Sounds like no brett? (there have been reports…)

After a great experience with the 10, I’ve been tempted to open one of the 09s. Thanks for pushing me over the edge :wink:

No Brett whatsoever. Ian, it could go well with. Bengal win for you tomorrow.

I was excited to try the 10 after loving the 09 but was majorly disappointed.

Me too. The one bottle we had just didn’t make it. I’ve tried maybe six vintages, this was the only one I didn’t care for.

I usually dont buy more than 3 bottles of a given wine but this was so good i bought a 6 pack and sadly i only have 2 bottles left. This has been awesome stuff every time and i have had sonmuch trouble keeping my hands off.

Fyi. The 10 doesnt show as well initially but on day two it filled in with same layered sappiness.

Interesting. Maybe I’ll try it again.

I had this wine a few weeks ago and thought it had opened up a bit from when I tried it closer to release. I haven’t found any brett in any of the bottles I have opened, though I did have some other weird problem with a couple of them (they smelled and tasted like lambic beer; more the sour/funk than any of the brettiness).