It's New Year's Weekend....What Is Everyone Popping?

Tonight will be 2009 Hobel Cab and a mystery wine from Napa that just showed up for starters. Others TBD at Denny’s.

Tomorrow will start with some 2007 Donnhoffs. Reds and Bubbles forthcoming.

Schramsberg BdB.

Grey Goose vodka out of mags at the club.

no forealsz, this is happening.

Sweet! That should only be about $450/bottle.

We have no plans cuz a babysitter is next to impossible to get this weekend. Think I’ll open a 08 Dujac Malconsorts for us. Leisurely home cooked meal. Prob asleep by 10:30 on NYE…that’s how I roll in the OC.

Bringing the wine as friends are cooking and have some sparkling: 02 Scholium Project Sylphs, 1982 Ridge Monte Bello en Magnum, something sweet in a 375 in case there is still thirst. Picking back-up bottles shortly.

N.V. Jose Dhondt Champagne Rosé de Saignée
N.V. Pierre Moncuit Champagne Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru
2002 Joh. Jos. Christoffel Erben Erdener Treppchen Riesling Auslese **

to start things off tonight at Lotus of Siam birthday dinner…

Denny’s allows corkage now? That is awesome. Wonder what pairs with Two Moons Over My Hammy? [cheers.gif]

Dude best sammich ever. Fairchild sigaro, kl tokalon, marcassin, carlisle papera, and whatever my buddy brings

Maggie’s of Goose are almost certainly more than $450.

But drilling hot skanks is priceless.

Opening three home runs, really looking forward to what my friends will bring tomorrow as well.
1996 Pol Roger Rose
1996 Dom Perignon
1996 Salon

Really? Damn, table service has gotten really crazy since my Le Prive days. What’s a mag go for these days at da club?

[rofl.gif]

We’re having a few friends over for small plates and with one exception, none of them are wine people. I still feel it’s my duty to try to educate them, but anything expensive is wasted on them. The last time I did this, the crowd favorite was Hogue Sauvignon Blanc which I normally use for cooking (but it’s OK to drink in a pinch as well). Sigh.

Might open some Lapierre Morgon for the few of us who care, but I have a feeling I’ll be mixing more pitchers of Cosmopolitans than I’ll be pulling corks. At least no one will be requesting shots of Jager…

2001 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon To Kalon vineyard. 2 hour decant and the wine is singing. Cheers to all!

Taittenger NV, now cracking a 2006 Ridge Lytton

Hosting our annual New Years Eve bash…everyone upstairs will be drinking up the bubbly. But down in the cellar…the boys in the band and some stragglers will be drinking up anything that makes them happy! Damn I love it! It gives me an excuse to try all of the stuff I’ve been cellaring but usually find excuses to hold on to. 2011 was great! I hope your 2012 is marvelous!

My wife and I are going to a local hotel and taking MV Krug and '90 Mongeard-Mugneret Richebourg. We will be celebrating the life of our little 16 yo Westie (see my Avitar) that we had to euthanize today…she provided us with 16 years of tremendous happiness. She will be so missed!

Sorry for your loss Roger. It’s tough to lose a little guy.

16 years seems like an excellent run, good on her. Had the 90 Mongeard Mugneret Richebourg and the Krug not so long ago, the Krug is always top and the Mongeard Mugeret was great as well, still quite primary, a bit of signature, be interested in your thoughts. Cheers Mike