TN: 2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge (USA, California, Napa Valley)

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Anthony Lombardi

TN: 2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge (USA, California, Napa Valley)

#1 Post by Anthony Lombardi » December 27th, 2011, 9:11 pm

• 2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/27/2011)
    Dark maroon. I had the decanter ready, but this one was open for business right away. Color me completely surprised on this. I was expecting something a bit over the top, but this was a wonderfully balanced, beautiful bottle of wine. The nose was a great mix of red currant, a touch of mint and some cigar box. This is medium to full bodied with a chunk of red fruit on entry and shockingly evident acidity as it moves through the mid palate manifested with bright, tart red fruit. Darker notes check in on the back of the palate, and silky tannins accentuate the haunting finish. Delicious wine!
Posted from CellarTracker

Steve Saxon
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge (USA, California, Napa Valley)

#2 Post by Steve Saxon » December 27th, 2011, 9:15 pm

Anthony Lombardi wrote:
  • 2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/27/2011)
    Dark maroon. I had the decanter ready, but this one was open for business right away. Color me completely surprised on this. I was expecting something a bit over the top, but this was a wonderfully balanced, beautiful bottle of wine. The nose was a great mix of red currant, a touch of mint and some cigar box. This is medium to full bodied with a chunk of red fruit on entry and shockingly evident acidity as it moves through the mid palate manifested with bright, tart red fruit. Darker notes check in on the back of the palate, and silky tannins accentuate the haunting finish. Delicious wine!
Posted from CellarTracker
Nice note, I had a bottle of the 04 Eloge this past week and found it awkward and the fruit to big....glad yours was better, I gave the rest of mine to my daughter to take home.
Saxon and others have willfully trashed this thread and turned it into nonsense without substance.....Mark Squires

Nick Ryan
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2001 Anderson's Conn Valley Vineyards Éloge (USA, California, Napa Valley)

#3 Post by Nick Ryan » December 27th, 2011, 9:23 pm

A shame that we're gonna have to stop drinking these wines now that Galloni says they all suck.

(Yes, that was a joke.)
http://sites.google.com/site/nryan4242/CellarPlannerV11.zip

Andrew Demaree
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Andrew Demaree » December 28th, 2011, 8:27 am

Nice note. I have had the '01 Eloge twice and thought it was a great wine both times. Wish I had more.

Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Dan Hammer » December 28th, 2011, 8:32 am

I'm still sitting on an 02 Eloge that I bought at Posners old store several years ago. It was my first good wine purchase.
After drinking an 04 a couple of years back, I'm in no rush to pop the 02.
This space for rent.

Angelo Manioudakis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Angelo Manioudakis » December 28th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Thanks for the great note. The 01 Eloge is really nice and one of the silkiest wines I've ever had.

Mike Heyse

#7 Post by Mike Heyse » December 29th, 2011, 6:44 am

'Nice note. Guess I will be sitting on my '08s for a while...

FYI: 99 Eloge Library release is available at the winery at a reasonable tarriff.
http://www.stateyourgear.com

Return to “Wine Talk”