Vinotemp Wine Fridge Maintenance

Does anyone have experience with maintaining or fixing Vinotemp wine refrigerators? I have read online manuals, but they have little info for troubleshooting (at least for a non-electrician type like myself).

I have a free-standing VT-34 which just stopped working recently. No noticeable events triggered this, one day reached in to pull out a bottle of wine and noticed that the temp was not cool (thankfully not hot either). There is electricity from outlet, switch is not “Off” and light inside turns on when I press the button; however, no sign that the motor runs. It has always been very quiet, so this did not jump out as an obvious sign that it had stopped functioning.

Unit is a good ten years old and have never performed any kind of maintenance previously. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions or similar experience.

Thanks!

Mark

I have an AC guy who, once a year, does a cleaning and checks the fluid level. Not sure that helps you now, as it sounds as if your motor has died… … though at times the unit goes into defrost mode (it would show DF on the digital readout), and then there is no cooling going on.

May have developed a coolant leak, have a AC repair person check it out. This happened on a breezaire cooler that I had several years ago.

Thanks for tips. Have some sleuthing to do over Xmas weekend [thankyou.gif]

Not to hijack a thread but my Vinotemp suddenly stopped cooling. It seems to be fully operational but is just not bringing the temperature down. It is a Wine-Mate 2500CD.

Any ideas? Vinotemp service tells me I can ship it to them, which I would very much like to avoid.

Any recommendations for service people in the SF Bay Area to check it out?

Thanks