A few TNs of recent wines

2007 Bourgogne Blanc Pernot 2007 is a great QPR at $15. Apples, some oak, good acidity, and a hint of minerals. I’d buy this again. 87 points

2007 Chablis Forest Domaine Dauvissat is supercharged with minerals and an almost honey suckle flower y nose. The acid is there. I like this wine and think it has a big upside if premox doesn’t get it. 95 points

2007 Chablis Vaudésir Tremblay is richer and lower in acid than the Forest, almost like a pinot gris from Alsace.

2004 Du Tertre: The heavy oak is starting to integrate with the black fruit coming to the fore with a surprisingly exotic almost coconut nuance with a smoky backdrop. Maybe 90 points.

2004 Haut Bailly: killer graves, sweet burning embers, layers of complexity, and very good levels of fruit. Maybe I am too generous, but I like it! 94 points

2007 Cotes du Rhone Trois Soeurs Grands Bois is way acidified for my tastes but some will like this one, it has extremely ripe Grenache dripping from every corner but it is bit hot to me although the kirshy cherry is nice. I hope a few years will smooth it out. 85-87 points

2006 Cotes du Ventoux Les Terrasses Chateau Pesquie has a nice mix of syrah to Grenache with good acidity, garrique scents and a nice roasted profile that could take a couple more years in the cellar. This is a nice wine. 91 points.

2007 QBA St. Urbans-Hof Reisling is not to my liking due to the excessive gas but with some vigorous shaking yields a nice, rather simple summer wine to please the non-winos and why I bought it. I know WS loves this wine and I wanted to like it, but that is life.

2007 Cotes du Rhone Cuvee Romaine Domaine la Garrigue is like a light weight baby Beaucastel given the high amount of mouvdre , relatively high acidity, herbal notes, decent body, and some pleasant funkiness. This is a great wine to have by the case when grilling for the neighborhood friends. 90 points and a screaming buy for me.

Ed - thanks.

The 2007 Chablis Forest Domaine Dauvissat sounds very interesting to me - when would you expect premox to rear its ugly head at the earliest? I’ve yet to try my '07 Chablis, as it is on hold for shipping due to weather…

Best young Chablis I’ve had. Tight, but still oh so good. Drank two and still have two left. Hopefully I can lay off for awhile at least. Stuffing for a classic Chablis!

Todd,

I have to be honest, I do not understand the mechanisms of premox and am only recently dipping my toes back into one of my favorite regions after getting burned on at least 5 cases of Chablis from the latish 90’s.

I bought a case of the Forest and am comfortable waiting 2 years before opening another, but I had too many grand cru chablis that fell apart in well under 10 years. Thus, I will err on the side of drinking them young at this point.

Ed, thanks for the notes.

04 Haut Bailly is a sleeper. They’ve been on a roll lately.

07 Cuvee Romaine is a wine with depth! It gets better after hours in a decanter. I’m mowing through my case+ but I can’t stop myself.

If you enjoy the 04 Du Tertre, try the 05. It is really nice.

Cheers,
[cheers.gif]

Nice noters, Ed. I think you are a bit generous on your score here, but I agree that this was a value buy in the 04 vintage for sure. I won’t crack another of mine for 10 years, so happy to see a note. Unfortunatley, their pricing has escalated beyond my interest level of late.