Rhone Report #10

For those of you who are lovers of the Rhone varitetal wines Jeb Dunnuck’s new issue of the Rhone Report was just put up online and it covers California Rhone style wines. I had the opportunity to meet with Jeb and found him to be extremely passionate and curious related to all types and styles of Rhone wines. When I met with him we had a great discussion on some of the vineyards and producers from both the Northern and Southern Rhone. His recent first hand experience of meeting and tasting with many of the top producers in France was both interesting and helpful for me.

It is great to see a wine critic focus on a particular region rather than trying to cover so many areas. Also being a Burgundy lover I subscribe to the Burghound which I find very helpful and I look at fellow board member Jeb Dunnick’s Rhone Report to be just as informative and useful. His website is http://www.therhonereport.com It is worth checking out.

Thanks for the post and kind words Jim. Pleasure to finally meet you and thanks very much for taking the time to meet with me. Loved checking out Bennett Valley and there’s some serious wines coming from up there.

A great report and amazing depth to each issue. I really enjoy the coverage and have found wines that I had never heard of even on the BB’s that are really good.

Also a fan. And props to Loren for critical affirmation of what we already knew about the '09. (What’s the story with '10?)

Thanks very much Loren and Tony. Looking forward to trying your '10 Loren.

Congrats on #10, Jeb!

You’re living the dream.

Thank ya sir! Felt good to kick back this week, go to bed before 1am, and drink through some nice bottles!

Great report as always Jeb. Love the focus and time you spend on CA Rhone wines and for that matter all Rhone wines.