Ever drop a new delivery?

Just dropped a bottle of 2009 Grace Family. Bummer! Juice smelled real good, however, think it needs cellar time!

You didn’t drop down and lap it up?

Dude, that sucks…big time. Fortunately, and I hope I’m not jinxing myself, I’ve never dropped a bottle of wine in my life. Of course I have a Sealy Posturepedic on the floor of my locker, but that’s not OCD is it?

Never dropped a new delivery but was in Napa last year and stopped by cakebread late in the day… last stop. picked up an 03 Magnum, Anderson Valley Pinot and headed directly to Ad-Hoc for dinner.

Stepped out of the car, opened the back door to grab it for dinner…and it rolled out and smash.

Not the most expensive bottle (I think I paid $110) but there was literally only about 10 minutes from the time I bought it, to the time I broke it. sucks

I’m married to the WWOTW. I don’t touch new arrivals. Life in a pond is not pleasant.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

dropped a 6-pk of Chandon de Briailles yesterday and caught it before it hit the floor. It’s amazing how the cat-like reflexes kick in when properly motivated.

For a complete counter-point, I was working a register at a wine store and bar once, rang up a customer and hit the change button. the bottle of wine was positioned in front of the automatic cash drawer. The drawer shoved the bottle of wine at me. My cat-like reflexes similarly kicked in and I got the hell right out of the way and moved me feet to avoid having the bottle hit me. It exploded on the ground. Apparently my cat-like reflexes need a lesson in context. It would have been a much better moment to catch the bottle than avoid it like a burning sack of dung.

[rofl.gif]

My cellar area smelled still smelled like a barrel room this morning. I am thinking about bottling the aroma.

I dropped one bottle once in my life. Actually it fell out of my Le Cache as I was rearranging some bottles, the bottle, a $15 Muscadet, fell out and “bounced” off the tile floor and back into the Le Cache and THEN broke !! It survived the tile bounce (and chipped the tile) and it didn’t break until it landed back into the unit and I had Muscadet all over the place , including on labels of some of my most cherished bottles, luckily, no other damage occurred. I was thankful it didn’t break other bottles and I was thankful it was only a $15 bottle of wine. Now that I wrote this, I am certain by next week, I will have an incident in the wine room and will break a really expensive bottle.

I don’t play hockey, but I have a pretty good kick save move.

Priced at current retail, my career breakage is probably high five figures.

I was 18 years old in high school and on a recruiting visit to Vanderbilt with my buddy who ended up playing football at Clemson. A girl I knew there had agreed to buy us a bottle of Jack Daniels and I paid her and as she drove away I walked back to my car and dropped and shattered the bottle. At the time i thought our night was ruined, but it was probably for the best because we went out with all these older friends who were already in college and they drank us under the table.