09 Myriad Cab 4 ways

My Myriad showed up today. First time with their cabs and I know I need to let them sit but which of the 4 offered would make for a good debut pop?

Dr Crane, GIII, Three Twins or Estate? I’m thinking Twins with a load of air.

Please post notes. Thx.

I have not tried the 09’s but in the past the GIII and Dr Crane were in a sweet spot on release then shut down after a few months. But I think you should try one of each and report back.

I would guess the Twins. In my experience with his wines, they all show well early.

[middle-finger.gif]

Since July trip to Napa I opened a GIII and Twins… The GIII was simply incredible. Twins can cellar longer or may need more time in decanter…JMHO

I also got my two cases of Myriad and Quivet delivered yesterday. I would think the GIII would be great now. I would wait on the Dr. Crane and Spring Mountain for a while. Also, I’m a believer that you should wait at least a few days after delivery to let the wines settle a bit. Then again, it all gets shaken when decanted anyway…

The wife is getting pissed at all of the deliveries, but I just tell her these were ordered and paid for a while ago. [snort.gif]

That works? [wow.gif]

I’ve popped some of all of these and you wouldn’t regret opening any of them with a decant. I would probably pop a three twins first. The three twins is from the first leaf on a new conn valley vineyard out near seavey, that TrB is sourcing from as well. I think its good, but the other three wines are from pedigreed sites with much more vine age. I think the spring mt might be the tightest right now, but is showing great from a decanter, much more open than the '08 on release. Funny i found the quivet spring to be a bit more structured and the myriad a bit sluttier this year, opposite of last year. Love Mike and his wines!

That does take the edge off of a box or two, but next week I have 54 bottles from last bottle, 27 myriad, 16 quivet and who knows what else. Looks like a trip to the jewlery store is in my near future

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like the GIII is on the radar for my next cab adventure. [cheers.gif]

Did you get a email with a tracking number from Myriad? Still waiting patiently for my order to ship to the east coast.

They shipped out GSO (Golden State Overnight) to CA residents with tracking info.

My Myriad arrived in NJ last Friday… I got tracking IDs.

My Quivet arrived yesterday, without my Myriad order. I’ve been in touch with Mike, who is looking into it. Anyone else have that experience?

Yes… I got tracking IDs for both in one email. My Myriad arrived last Friday, but Quivet didn’t show up until Monday.

As an aside, I really don’t understand why so many wineries ship to the East Coast on a Monday.
In almost every case, the wine arrives at the final destination late Friday night, then sits in a truck all weekend.
If the weather is marginal, this could be problematic.
Most wineries who ship on a Wednesday have their cartons delivered the following Tuesday.

Interesting, Bud. I only received one tracking number in my email. Makes me wonder what happened to the second (Myriad) order.

And I agree about Monday shipping coast-to-coast. Not ideal. Luckily, the weather is fine right now.

My shipment was originally slated for Friday delivery. Weather was fine, although creeping upwards. UPS had a delay, which resulted in Monday delivery. It was 78 on Saturday, and 81 degrees on Sunday. My wine appears to be fine, but that’s not something I was too happy about.

My Myriad showed up cold to the touch today.

Same here. Our wine may have been sitting in the same warehouse in Mesquite, Tx over the weekend! Just hope it didn’t get too hot. Like you said, the wine looks fine but I guess the true test will be when I pop one open…