What wine r u going to pour tonight? Share yours.

Just poured and decanted 2008 Directors Cut Cinema Francis Coppola winery Sonoma

48% Zinfandel, 47% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petite Sirah , 14.5 % ALC.

Has a bit a a layered taste on the palete. And I dont normally drink Zindandel !

http://store.franciscoppolawinery.com/Store/ProductDetails/tabid/84/ProductID/38153/Default.aspx

A Thumbs up!

2005 Merry Edwards RR PN - P & P.We really enjoyed it with baked chicken w/wild rice and brussels sprouts.

Good mix of red and blue fruits and nice acidity

2001 Mazis Chambertin from Boillot - waaay too young but why not?

Trying a new restaurant in St Helena, La Condesa, with our winemaker Cary Gott. Taking one of the house wines… an 05 Butterdragon I think.

opened a 2009 Domaine de la Grand’Cour Fleurie Cuvee Vielles Vignes. with grilled spatchcocked chicken…very good.

1998 Michel Gaunoux Pommard 1er Cru

Buddy in the biz left 3/4’s of a bottle of a '92 Grange for me to pick up t a local watering hole on my way home. -mJ

I’m having smoked salmon, so the obvious pairing would be Goldeneye 2008 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir.

Hey Chris,
there is a big debate going on about Goldeneye 2008 Pinot. You should chime in after you pop and pour/decant.
is it too Smokey? referring to the fires of 08 over in this area.

Cross over there to there.

this blog in wine talk: Duckhorn is the embodiment of evil.

Rubicon Estate “Seven” Cabernet Sauvignon single vineyeard 2007. Rutherford Appellation!

07 Cabot Humboldt Syrah [cheers.gif]

P.S. Chris was joking

I consider smoke taint a flaw in salmon [snort.gif]

…and tonight, '05 Bridlewood Syrah - bought a case cheaper than water. Now if my wife tells me I’m drinking too much wine, I’ll tell her she’s drinking too much Pelligrino [training.gif]

Robin, hand me the Bat-Sarcasm-Detector!

Finishing up a Bedrock rose. Eh…I know others like it a lot, but I think I just don’t really like roses very much.

2005 Jean Bourdy Côtes du Jura This is an interesting wine. Slightly oxidized chardonnay. Here is tasting note from bottle tried a few months ago since I just popped tonights bottle -

9/5/2011: My first of six and by far the best Jura blanc I have tried. Not crazy about the sherry tastes in my chardonnay and this has none of that but at the same time very unusual in a good way. Delicious.

2nd night this wine was all saline and slight hints of sherry before paired with food. With food it was brilliant. A wine geek white and I like it.

Funny I opened a 06. You needed this at the end of your post. neener

09 Joseph Voillot Bourgogne VV. 3rd time with this bottle. First 2 bottles were very underwhelming. This one is showing slightly better, but nothing to write home about or even a TN. My wife said “this is just all right” and I agree with her.

Same experience here. I’m not a fan of sherry notes on their own either. Last bottle we opened was with a roast chicken with garlic and rosemary. It was magic as a pairing.

Tonight’s dinner will probably be spaghetti carbonara paired with the 05 Feraud-Brunel CdR Villages I opened last night. Screaming QPR.

Bootleggers Spring Ale out of a growler… even with nearly 8% alcohol, very fresh and clean…

oh… wine… 04 Musar Blanc… second bottle… and like the first, a bit flabby, lacking acid. A Garagiste no-show…

And, no, no smoke on this one, Chris…

Great wine! I liked this… I was even more smitten by the Champagne cuvee by the same producer. You’re drinking well!