Sec Wines in Portland

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
D@v!d P@rt@!n

Sec Wines in Portland

#1 Post by D@v!d P@rt@!n » October 31st, 2011, 11:04 am

Any words of wisdom from those familiar with Sec Wines. They have a few bottles I'd like to buy. Storage? Service?

Thanks!
David [drinkers.gif]
ITB: Todd did not send me a bill

Carl Jensen

Re: Sec Wines in Portland

#2 Post by Carl Jensen » October 31st, 2011, 11:05 am

Bought some Ridge from them a couple of weeks ago. Had it shipped, everything was fine. Wine is great!

M. Linzbach
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by M. Linzbach » October 31st, 2011, 11:28 am

I ordered a couple of wines last week and got a call saying they couldn't get the wines from their distributors. To their credit they contacted me fairly quickly and didn't charge my CC but it irks me when website inventories / prices are not accurate.
--Matt

Salesman to wife -- It folds up to a fraction of its size.
Me to salesman -- 11/10ths is a fraction and I still don't want it in my basement.
Wife to me -- Death stare. She wins the argument, salesman makes his commission.

rfelthoven

#4 Post by rfelthoven » October 31st, 2011, 11:42 am

I cannot think of a better experience with any wine retailer. Shipping is prompt, tracking provided and service is great. Prices are almost always the best. Eric will tell you about his storage. It's a point of pride for him (no its not the tiny closet in his tiny office).
Ron

Patrick Friel

#5 Post by Patrick Friel » October 31st, 2011, 11:44 am

Had quite a few transactions with Eric in the last year. Extremely happy with Sec.

Tyler Rico

#6 Post by Tyler Rico » October 31st, 2011, 12:02 pm

M. Linzbach wrote:I ordered a couple of wines last week and got a call saying they couldn't get the wines from their distributors. To their credit they contacted me fairly quickly and didn't charge my CC but it irks me when website inventories / prices are not accurate.
had a similar experience

published distributor items, didn't actually have the wine on hand

J Diven
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by J Diven » October 31st, 2011, 12:59 pm

M. Linzbach wrote:I ordered a couple of wines last week and got a call saying they couldn't get the wines from their distributors. To their credit they contacted me fairly quickly and didn't charge my CC but it irks me when website inventories / prices are not accurate.
I'm a satisfied customer, and have bought over 20 cases so far. Eric seems to do a reasonable job maintaining his online inventory - I haven't had any more short or out of stock issues with Sec than I have had with Vinopolis, or even Chambers Street - who had to adjust my last order. There is no physical store, so maybe your expectations are higher, I don't know. But you are getting rock bottom pricing on a lot of things. Not every wine, but most of them. If that means some are still at the distributor, then so be it. You may feel differently obviously.

I pickup my wines, so no experience with the shipping. Eric always has my orders ready, and has AC in the office and storage closet as needed.
Jim

Rick Gregory

#8 Post by Rick Gregory » October 31st, 2011, 1:03 pm

No experience, but I'll check them out since they're close by.

Agree with Jim's point... it's tough to ask for rock bottom pricing and be annoyed at the occasional inventory mishap as long as it's corrected quickly and accurately. *Should* it happen? Nope. But if the on-demand ordering from distributors saves you noticeable money and it's a once in a great while issue... meh.
Dang Rick, I think that's right on the money. - K. John Joseph

Mike Daniel

#9 Post by Mike Daniel » October 31st, 2011, 2:05 pm

I have ordered from Sec a couple times recently and have been very impressed with the selection, price, and service by Eric. Lots of great Oregon pinot's I am going to try once my bank account allows for it.

Vincent Fritzsche
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#10 Post by Vincent Fritzsche » October 31st, 2011, 2:45 pm

I've known Eric Pottmeyer for more than a decade. He's the guy behind Sec Wines is about as good as guy as I"ve ever met. Nothing's perfect with any retailer, but if you want a relationship with someone with a great palate, who's savvy about finding great wines at great prices, you are in good hands with Eric. Disclosure - he has sold exactly one bottle of my wine, so I don't see any conflict for me to recommend him
Vincent - ITB

davidsturek

#11 Post by davidsturek » October 31st, 2011, 5:41 pm

I have had really good service from Sec Wines. Good prices and reasonable shipping.

rfelthoven

#12 Post by rfelthoven » October 31st, 2011, 6:17 pm

I guess I should add that when buying Oregon pinot, in many cases, Eric gets a delivery from the winemaker within a day (or sometimes two) for what I've ordered. So no, he doesn't always have all the wine sitting around, but this seems to allow him to keep costs down. I like the fact that it's direct from wineries, personally. I can also request wines that aren't on his web page and he'll follow up with winemakers. Eric is doing a great job and is a real pro, IMHO.
Ron

Jeff Wiltse
GCC Member
GCC Member

#13 Post by Jeff Wiltse » October 31st, 2011, 6:19 pm

I have had many positive experiences with Sec. I buy mostly Barolo from Eric. His prices are very low, especially if you buy by the case, and all the wines have been in perfect condition. I tend to email him what I want and ask if he can get it rather than buy from what is listed on his webpage.

R. del Rosario
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by R. del Rosario » October 31st, 2011, 6:26 pm

I only have good experiences with Eric. I will buy again.
Cheers, Ramon

Conserve water, drink more wine

Chris Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Chris Johnson » October 31st, 2011, 6:36 pm

R. del Rosario wrote:I only have good experiences with Eric. I will buy again.
+1 [cheers.gif]

Marc Hauser
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Marc Hauser » October 31st, 2011, 6:45 pm

+1. His pricing is very good, and shipping has been without any problems.
ITB-ish (unfrozen caveman cannabis lawyer and erstwhile wine lawyer)

M Emery
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by M Emery » November 1st, 2011, 7:11 am

No worry at all- Eric was great to deal with!
Mark

dingalls

#18 Post by dingalls » November 1st, 2011, 11:10 am

Recently purchased 2 bottles of Continuum from Sec Wines for $122. Great price, and Eric adjusted the shipping date to accommodate my schedule. And, the bottles arrived cold!
Doug Ingalls

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by dsGriswold » November 1st, 2011, 9:18 pm

Although I have yet to actually purchase any wines (lack of money moratorium), I like that he has access to WA wines and is midway between home and work for easy pick-up. Good by Garagiste, hello Sec. [cheers.gif]
DennisG

scottkieser

#20 Post by scottkieser » November 2nd, 2011, 9:18 am

Sec wines gets 99% of my business anymore. I am not a terribly profitable customer. I buy 2-3 full cases of wine priced between $250-$300 a year and a couple of inexpensive daily drinkers every month that likely don't yield him enough profit to be worth the hassle of tracking them down. Inspite of this, Eric bends over backwards to serve me. He has delivered small orders to my storage unit, (unsolicited and for no extra cost), called to give me first right of refusal on wines that I have expressed interest in but have very limited availability, been understanding about slow pickup of ordered wines, etc. Quite a contrast to the other major discount retailer in town which decided to ban me from their email list for pointing out on this forum that Sec Wines normally has better pricing.

The pricing, as others have already noted, is rock bottom. The single bottle price on most wines are cheaper than the by the case price at other retailers. Out of state shipping cost me half what I would have paid at Vinopolis. If you don't need a bottle for dinner tonight, it's hard to imagine shopping anywhere else.

J Diven
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by J Diven » November 2nd, 2011, 10:05 am

Wow, you're scaring me with this talk about getting 'banned'.
I buy pretty much equally from Vinopolis and Sec. They overlap on some items, but on a lot of things I find them very complimentary. Vinopolis has good pricing and service as well, and on overlap items they tend to price pretty close to Sec. Both have been great about holding wines for months until I pick it up. I certainly would not want to make a choice.

Between the 2 stores, I find I am totally covered for Oregon wines.
For other things I buy - Loire Chenin, Beaujolais, German Riesling - there is less overlap. Vinopolis probably has more selection for bojo and certainly riesling, but Eric has very interesting stuff as well.
Neither has great pricing or representation for the N. Rhones that I buy, but I imagine that is an OR distribution problem.

I'm not getting the Garagiste connection - totally different operation, and to my eye almost no overlap - Huet maybe. Sec had (has) better pricing on both the 2009 and 2010 Huet Secs. But Garagiste had a couple interesting offers on Moelleux and Moelleux Trie this past year that were not widely available. As i've said on the (endless) G thread, Garagiste is very niche for me now - only great offers on stuff I know I want.
Jim

rfelthoven

#22 Post by rfelthoven » November 2nd, 2011, 10:53 am

Jim -- I am pretty much following your model, but I give Eric the first right of refusal on just about any purchase I may make elsewhere. Yes, I could support a local shop, but it just makes no financial sense (I recognize there are long-term educational and relationship issues as well, and I am working on that with Eric). I bought some pinot from Eric last week for $34 that is selling at Pike and Western, for example, for $53. As great, kind and knowledgeable as the Seattle retailers may be, I am a little surprised how far out of the pricing spectrum they are, even when I factor in shipping from Portland. For every single bottle I've price compared with Sec or Vinopolis, there is a premium that well exceeds the shipping cost I pay to UPS. I guess it is distributor thing (whereas in OR I think the retailers buy directly from wineries, at least for the OR pinot I buy), and their extra margin plus the shipping makes them unable to compete based upon price. Plus, if I buy in WA state I have to pay tax. Basically, for any $25 bottle of wine, sales tax in WA and shipping costs from Portland are a wash (no sales tax). Thus, I can pretty much compare wines in that price range and Seattle never comes out ahead. There are times when I am looking for a specific wine for dinner, or one I've read about that I may want to buy in volume, and I will go to a Seattle shop to try it out.
Ron

D@v!d P@rt@!n

#23 Post by D@v!d P@rt@!n » November 2nd, 2011, 1:09 pm

Thanks for all the comments. It seems I have nothing to worry about ordering from Sec. FWIW: I am a happy Vinopolis customer also.

I ordered 4 bottles of 01 Marques Murrieta Ygay Grand Reserva from Sec. Delivery TBD.

David [drinkers.gif]

Evan Smith

#24 Post by Evan Smith » November 2nd, 2011, 1:26 pm

Also wanted to voice my enthusiasm for Eric and Sec wines. I'm another low-margin customer-- couple of mixed cases a year but feel I get great recommendations, price and service from Eric. Never had anything shipped so can't speak to that. Give him a call or email and he's always been very responsive and helpful. Enjoy!

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by dsGriswold » November 2nd, 2011, 1:43 pm

My comment regarding Garagiste was why buy and have shipped when I can pick up locally? I am buying mostly WA wines from Full Pull, but checking with the local purveyors as well. StoryTeller Wines is another good local source that I use and is willing to deal.
DennisG

J Diven
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by J Diven » November 2nd, 2011, 2:01 pm

dsGriswold wrote:My comment regarding Garagiste was why buy and have shipped when I can pick up locally? I am buying mostly WA wines from Full Pull, but checking with the local purveyors as well. StoryTeller Wines is another good local source that I use and is willing to deal.
To be honest I had never searched for WA wines on the Sec site before. Quite a selection at great prices.
Jim

Rick Gregory

#27 Post by Rick Gregory » November 2nd, 2011, 2:06 pm

ron felthoven wrote:Jim -- I am pretty much following your model, but I give Eric the first right of refusal on just about any purchase I may make elsewhere. Yes, I could support a local shop, but it just makes no financial sense (I recognize there are long-term educational and relationship issues as well, and I am working on that with Eric). I bought some pinot from Eric last week for $34 that is selling at Pike and Western, for example, for $53. As great, kind and knowledgeable as the Seattle retailers may be, I am a little surprised how far out of the pricing spectrum they are, even when I factor in shipping from Portland. For every single bottle I've price compared with Sec or Vinopolis, there is a premium that well exceeds the shipping cost I pay to UPS. I guess it is distributor thing (whereas in OR I think the retailers buy directly from wineries, at least for the OR pinot I buy), and their extra margin plus the shipping makes them unable to compete based upon price. Plus, if I buy in WA state I have to pay tax. Basically, for any $25 bottle of wine, sales tax in WA and shipping costs from Portland are a wash (no sales tax). Thus, I can pretty much compare wines in that price range and Seattle never comes out ahead. There are times when I am looking for a specific wine for dinner, or one I've read about that I may want to buy in volume, and I will go to a Seattle shop to try it out.
I wonder how much of this is WA distributor markup and how much is overhead that the Seattle shops have that Eric doesn't due to the fact that he doesn't stock the wine (so doesn't need a retail outlet, staff, etc etc.) I'll have to check Sec, since one of the reasons I don't really buy OR Pinot are the local prices.
Dang Rick, I think that's right on the money. - K. John Joseph

J Diven
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by J Diven » November 2nd, 2011, 2:49 pm

Rick Gregory wrote:
ron felthoven wrote:Jim -- I am pretty much following your model, but I give Eric the first right of refusal on just about any purchase I may make elsewhere. Yes, I could support a local shop, but it just makes no financial sense (I recognize there are long-term educational and relationship issues as well, and I am working on that with Eric). I bought some pinot from Eric last week for $34 that is selling at Pike and Western, for example, for $53. As great, kind and knowledgeable as the Seattle retailers may be, I am a little surprised how far out of the pricing spectrum they are, even when I factor in shipping from Portland. For every single bottle I've price compared with Sec or Vinopolis, there is a premium that well exceeds the shipping cost I pay to UPS. I guess it is distributor thing (whereas in OR I think the retailers buy directly from wineries, at least for the OR pinot I buy), and their extra margin plus the shipping makes them unable to compete based upon price. Plus, if I buy in WA state I have to pay tax. Basically, for any $25 bottle of wine, sales tax in WA and shipping costs from Portland are a wash (no sales tax). Thus, I can pretty much compare wines in that price range and Seattle never comes out ahead. There are times when I am looking for a specific wine for dinner, or one I've read about that I may want to buy in volume, and I will go to a Seattle shop to try it out.
I wonder how much of this is WA distributor markup and how much is overhead that the Seattle shops have that Eric doesn't due to the fact that he doesn't stock the wine (so doesn't need a retail outlet, staff, etc etc.) I'll have to check Sec, since one of the reasons I don't really buy OR Pinot are the local prices.
Yeah, I don't know. I was about to post on the WA 1183 thread about how broken WA wine retail is. I know that OR wines are available for far less in OR, and that includes full service shops like Vinopolis, Liner & Elson, etc. But the killer is much, much better pricing on all the WA wines (not that i'm a buyer). If you use wine searcher on say 2008 Betz La Serrene you will find that both Sec and Vinopolis are like $9-10 below the 2 main ONLINE WA sellers. And that is before WA sales tax. BTW if you buy a mixed case from Sec you'll get another 5% off. Something is broken here.
Jim

rfelthoven

#29 Post by rfelthoven » November 2nd, 2011, 3:19 pm

Glad I'm not the only one who has pondered this issue. I thought somehow I was missing the boat. Have many of the people that buy wine locally investigated the costs of buying in Portland and shipping it up? If you've decided to buy locally, is it just a "price doesn't matter that much to me" thing?
Ron

Bob Wood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#30 Post by Bob Wood » November 2nd, 2011, 3:44 pm

Evan Smith wrote:Also wanted to voice my enthusiasm for Eric and Sec wines. I'm another low-margin customer-- couple of mixed cases a year but feel I get great recommendations, price and service from Eric. Never had anything shipped so can't speak to that. Give him a call or email and he's always been very responsive and helpful. Enjoy!
I'm glad to see that Eric has transcended the business "model" of his former employer, where we little guys were treated with disdain.
"Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?" - Steve Jobs, 1983

Bob Hunnicutt

#31 Post by Bob Hunnicutt » November 2nd, 2011, 7:50 pm

I gotta say this post is pissing me off. Every time I scroll by I reading it as "Sex in Portland" and I stop... just for a second to read it correctly.

Try to find a few bottles in 375s so you can have a little Secs around the house.
(Not Hunnicutt Winery BTW)

Chris Seiber
GCC Member
GCC Member

#32 Post by Chris Seiber » November 2nd, 2011, 8:30 pm

"Sex in Portland" is a new series about to come out on HBO. It's about four single redheads from Portland who ride their bicycles and public transportation from one glamorous artisinal brew pub or coffee house to another, bedding young bohemian dreadlocked artist guys while gabbing loudly about global warming and how unenlightened the rest of the country is.

rfelthoven

#33 Post by rfelthoven » November 2nd, 2011, 8:34 pm

Bob Wood wrote:
Evan Smith wrote:Also wanted to voice my enthusiasm for Eric and Sec wines. I'm another low-margin customer-- couple of mixed cases a year but feel I get great recommendations, price and service from Eric. Never had anything shipped so can't speak to that. Give him a call or email and he's always been very responsive and helpful. Enjoy!
I'm glad to see that Eric has transcended the business "model" of his former employer, where we little guys were treated with disdain.
What was happening, Bob? Also, isn't the shop under new ownership or should similar concerns still apply?
Ron

Bob Wood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Bob Wood » November 2nd, 2011, 8:47 pm

If it's under new ownership it's news to me. That's not to say it's untrue, just that I haven't heard about it.
"Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?" - Steve Jobs, 1983

D@v!d P@rt@!n

#35 Post by D@v!d P@rt@!n » November 9th, 2011, 6:13 am

Received my wine yesterday in perfect shape. For shipping I selected wait for weather and Eric did exactly that. Sent me an email noting that the weather would be favorable between Portland and Tucson and shipped my wine. I didn't have to contact him. He handled it and I'm impressed with the service. One for one with Sec and I will shop there again.

David [drinkers.gif]

mdavis

#36 Post by mdavis » November 28th, 2011, 2:52 am

Eric @ Secwines is a class act and is very highly recommended. He is a guy you can trust - Eric is more interested in your friendship and long term business than making a sale...

-mark, I live in Portland.
m=m.a.r.k

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 28th, 2011, 5:27 am

D@v!d P@rt@!n wrote:Thanks for all the comments. It seems I have nothing to worry about ordering from Sec. FWIW: I am a happy Vinopolis customer also.

I ordered 4 bottles of 01 Marques Murrieta Ygay Grand Reserva from Sec. Delivery TBD.

David [drinkers.gif]
Had this wine a couple days ago: stunning wine. If the 2001 is structured like the '78 we had at the same dinner (and I believe it is), then you should just forget about 'em for 30+ years.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

dsGriswold
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by dsGriswold » November 28th, 2011, 9:20 am

A fellow walked into the office the other day with a paper bag asking for me. "Sec Wines for Dennis". So I asked, "are you Eric?" No, "just a courier". Now that is personal service! I would have been happy to pick the wine up on the way home.
DennisG

Michael Davidson

#39 Post by Michael Davidson » October 25th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I just had a great experience and thought I'd record it for posterity.

Made an order that included two bottles of 2010 Vieux Donjon. Eric replies a day later saying the distributor just ran out, and he can't get the bottles. No big deal, that's the business model, it's a hot wine.

The next day Eric sends me another mail saying he got his distributor to part with two bottles of his personal stash as a favor, so I can have the bottles after all.

This is the second case I've bought from Eric, so it's not because I'm a super customer. I will definitely be doing more business with Eric in the future.

Michael

Roger Nellans

#40 Post by Roger Nellans » October 25th, 2012, 10:39 pm

[pillow-fight.gif]
D@v!d P@rt@!n wrote:Received my wine yesterday in perfect shape. For shipping I selected wait for weather and Eric did exactly that. Sent me an email noting that the weather would be favorable between Portland and Tucson and shipped my wine. I didn't have to contact him. He handled it and I'm impressed with the service. One for one with Sec and I will shop there again.

David [drinkers.gif]
David, don't you think it's been a bit warm here in Tucson? Did you have them send by air or ground?

Oops, see that our post was from last November! Disregard. [cheers.gif]
Last edited by Roger Nellans on October 26th, 2012, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Nellans

jbray23

#41 Post by jbray23 » October 25th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Most Oregon wines in Washington are wholesale priced at the retail cost in Oregon. For example, Beaux freres WV is $40 in PDX and $40 wholesale here in Seattle. Just the way it is, generally each state has a handshake agreement that the retail won't be lower than cellar door so it makes sense that retail pricing is really good in each state. The internet is starting to change that now...
Jason, back itb

Greig C

#42 Post by Greig C » May 22nd, 2020, 3:21 pm

I would avoid this place, for the following reasons. I am sad to report that in all my years, I think shopowner Eric is the first malignant soul I've encountered in the wine business. Last evening I ordered six nice bottles from him, with overnight shipping. My wife's phone pinged indicating the charge was approved. Hurray!

Today, I get a terse email from Eric saying that he *thought* he remembered my name... Turns out that a year and a half ago, I ordered a case of his wine that I had to cancel the card on, because my card had been stolen. Not a drop of wine was shipped, and fair Eric canceled the order long ago. That was the end of it.

Or so I thought. Evidently still butthurt from my long-ago oversight, Eric tells me today that he's not going to honor my recent order. He tells me about this long-forgotten (at least for me) canceled card "incident". (I got the feeling that there are dolls in my likeness in the shop with pins through them.) Nonetheless, I apologized, explained what happened, and try to make good by Eric. Nothing doing, says Eric.

So Eric, along with your one star, I also leave you with this advice: Life is too short for you to be some Seinfeldian caricature called The Wine Nazi. Be better.
C o a t e s

Gary Ahearn
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Gary Ahearn » May 22nd, 2020, 3:40 pm

Been buying from Eric for 10 years. Top-notch all the way. Highest recommendations!

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by Frank Murray III » May 22nd, 2020, 4:52 pm

Greig, it sucks to have a bad transaction with someone. I can't argue with your experience.

For transparency, I did post a PSA about Sec Wines and their Vouette et Sorbee offer from this past Wednesday. My experience with this order was good. I had a few questions for Eric, he got back with me both times timely, and he processed the transaction and the wines are scheduled to ship. I've done 4-5 orders with Sec Wines over the past year and I've had a good experience every time.
My best wines for 2020:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut
2012 Minière F & R Champagne Influence Brut
2008 Rhys Skyline PN SCM

My best wines for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut

Kindness matters.

Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member

#45 Post by Marshall Manning » May 22nd, 2020, 5:20 pm

Frank Murray III wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 4:52 pm
Greig, it sucks to have a bad transaction with someone. I can't argue with your experience.

For transparency, I did post a PSA about Sec Wines and their Vouette et Sorbee offer from this past Wednesday. My experience with this order was good. I had a few questions for Eric, he got back with me both times timely, and he processed the transaction and the wines are scheduled to ship. I've done 4-5 orders with Sec Wines over the past year and I've had a good experience every time.
Greig, no one here knows exactly what happened besides you and Eric. But I've known Eric for over 20 years, and at times he has been one of my best friends and one of my best customers. While neither are true today, unfortunately, the term "malignant" is the polar opposite of Eric's normal personality. I'd suggest that anyone here interested in buying wine from Sec give him a chance. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Marshall

Yao C

#46 Post by Yao C » May 22nd, 2020, 6:08 pm

Agreed, I've bought from Eric in person and he was perfectly pleasant
C h 0 o n 6

PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member

#47 Post by PaulMills » May 22nd, 2020, 7:22 pm

It has been a couple of years since I purchased from Eric, but there were never any issues.

I find it interesting that Greig made an order with a CC that ended up being compromised and just canceled the order rather than using a different CC to complete it (what I have done in the past). Also Interesting that his first post, and likely last, was to slam a shop

Kirk.Grant
GCC Member
GCC Member

#48 Post by Kirk.Grant » May 22nd, 2020, 7:29 pm

D@v!d P@rt@!n wrote:
October 31st, 2011, 11:04 am
Any words of wisdom from those familiar with Sec Wines. They have a few bottles I'd like to buy. Storage? Service?

Thanks!
David [drinkers.gif]
Eric has been great! Buy with confidence. I’m finding more and more wines that I can get through him. He has some great Italian gems as well.
Cellartracker:Kirk Grant

Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member

#49 Post by Alan Rath » May 22nd, 2020, 8:11 pm

I’ve bought from them for years, always excellent and personalized service.
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Nick Ellis

#50 Post by Nick Ellis » May 22nd, 2020, 8:27 pm

PaulMills wrote:
May 22nd, 2020, 7:22 pm
I find it interesting that Greig made an order with a CC that ended up being compromised and just canceled the order rather than using a different CC to complete it (what I have done in the past). Also Interesting that his first post, and likely last, was to slam a shop
+1

I’m finding Grieg’s story about as believable as Jefery Levy’s recent lawsuit (Bad Jeff, in case I got his name wrong). Like just about everyone else, I have ordered from Sec, and had a great experience. I’d order from them more if shipping to the east coast wasn’t so expensive.

Grieg sounds like the kind of guy who would go to med school and then become an ambulance chaser.

Return to “Wine Talk”