Napa visits for a Cab. Lover

Ok obviously this isn’t for me. A friend is heading to Napa and they really like Cabernet. What wineries would you recommend ?

Larkmead
Alpha Omega
Herb Lamb

Larkmead
Lewelling
Conn Valley
Shafer
Chappellet
Alpha Omega

Good lists so far. I’d strongly recommend adding Seavey and O’Shaugnessey as well…

Mike Smith (Myriad, Quivet, 12C, Tamber Bey)
Realm (may need to be on the list)
Sojourn (in Sonoma but very good Napa Cab)
Alpha Omega
Outpost
Herb Lamb

And some of the other suggestions, like Conn Valley

Let’s hope that the folks at O’Shaugnessey have turned around their tasting room staff since my last visit. I have never felt so unwelcome at a winery…and the syrah was horrid.

Agree with Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyard. With the Todd as tour guide it was the best tasting/time at a vineyard we had a year ago.

Totally off the radar, but I think White Rock in the Soda Canyon area makes a great stop. Great Bordeaux-style wines, a cool underground winery, and personal tours from the owners.

Herb Lamb
Larkmead
Chappellet
Spottswoode

We just returned from Napa and I can say that the Larkmead experience was excellent. The vineyard tour and the tasting were wonderful. Their cab sav and the cab franc are both fantastic wines. I also would suggest Outpost. The cab is wonderful. You also get to taste some unbelievably good grenache and zin - the white pepper element kicks. And you have to experience the view and the hospitality. Howell Mountain grapes and Outpost wines rock! Yeah, bought way more wine from both Larkmead and Outpost than I planned, but I’m glad I did.

Greg

Thanks all.

I really enjoy there howell mt cab, and the property is great, but i felt the same way hospitality wise.