TN: 2009 Ch. Peybonhomme Les Tours

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Bob Wood
GCC Member
GCC Member

TN: 2009 Ch. Peybonhomme Les Tours

#1 Post by Bob Wood »

A nice little $10 Bordeaux courtesy of our fellow Berserker Michael Alberty. Pure cab fruit with no discernable oak. Sweet little wine that could benefit from a couple of years in the cellar.

A real buy.
"Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?" - Steve Jobs, 1983

David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: TN: 2009 Ch. Peybonhomme Les Tours

#2 Post by David K o l i n »

Sounds like something I'd pour down the drain. Sorry. neener

Bob Wood
GCC Member
GCC Member

#3 Post by Bob Wood »

Nice. [rofl.gif]
"Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world?" - Steve Jobs, 1983

Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

#4 Post by Richard T r i m p i »

David K o l i n wrote: October 9th, 2011, 8:41 pm Sounds like something I'd pour down the drain. Sorry. neener
As much as I appreciated and miss Bob Wood....

I've got to agree with you David. Just had a bottle of 2017 which started nice enough. The metallic middle/after taste was pretty awful. No improvement on night 2. It was poured down the drain.

The Wood-man's recommendations for OR Pinots were usually excellent...but he had a soft spot for "value" wines.

Cheers Bob.

RT

Julian Marshall
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Julian Marshall »

I’ve never tried it but as I was reading this, this month’s copy of La Revue des Vins de France opened on the page where this domain’s 2018 got a good write up and 91 pts! It’s biodynamic and sounds quite good in fact!

Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Richard T r i m p i »

Julian Marshall wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:58 am I’ve never tried it but as I was reading this, this month’s copy of La Revue des Vins de France opened on the page where this domain’s 2018 got a good write up and 91 pts! It’s biodynamic and sounds quite good in fact!
No doubt it could be....but whatever happened pre or post bottling to the wine I tasted..."ce n'etait pas bien".

RT

Steen T Olsen

#7 Post by Steen T Olsen »

Tried the 2015 a couple of months ago after having tasted the 2005, 06 and 07 some years ago. All these vintages were very good to outstanding. The recently tasted 2015 was certainly no exception flirtysmile . The Vignobles Huberts even began following me on instagram, possibly after seeing my review of the 2015. Maybe it is just me, but as much enjoyment I get out of the Grand Crus, I really, really enjoy the petits châteaux as well- and Peybonhomme Les Tours is among the better IMHO..
[cheers.gif]

Julian Marshall
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Julian Marshall »

Richard T r i m p i wrote: January 13th, 2021, 11:02 am
Julian Marshall wrote: January 13th, 2021, 9:58 am I’ve never tried it but as I was reading this, this month’s copy of La Revue des Vins de France opened on the page where this domain’s 2018 got a good write up and 91 pts! It’s biodynamic and sounds quite good in fact!
No doubt it could be....but whatever happened pre or post bottling to the wine I tasted..."ce n'etait pas bien".

RT
Hey, I wasn't contradicting you - I was just amused by the coincidence!

Julian Marshall
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Julian Marshall »

Steen T Olsen wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:12 am Tried the 2015 a couple of months ago after having tasted the 2005, 06 and 07 some years ago. All these vintages were very good to outstanding. The recently tasted 2015 was certainly no exception flirtysmile . The Vignobles Huberts even began following me on instagram, possibly after seeing my review of the 2015. Maybe it is just me, but as much enjoyment I get out of the Grand Crus, I really, really enjoy the petits châteaux as well- and Peybonhomme Les Tours is among the better IMHO..
Good to see you posting again, Steen - hope you're well? I will have to seek out one of these to taste!

Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Richard T r i m p i »

Julian Marshall wrote: January 14th, 2021, 7:53 am
Richard T r i m p i wrote: January 13th, 2021, 11:02 am
RT
Hey, I wasn't contradicting you - I was just amused by the coincidence!
No worries. I suspect it's a low sulfur wine. Any number of things can happen between producer and consumer. it's helpful to see positive reviews too....a reminder to keep an open mind for the next encounter.

RT

Steen T Olsen

#11 Post by Steen T Olsen »

Julian Marshall wrote: January 14th, 2021, 7:54 am
Steen T Olsen wrote: January 14th, 2021, 3:12 am Tried the 2015 a couple of months ago after having tasted the 2005, 06 and 07 some years ago. All these vintages were very good to outstanding. The recently tasted 2015 was certainly no exception flirtysmile . The Vignobles Huberts even began following me on instagram, possibly after seeing my review of the 2015. Maybe it is just me, but as much enjoyment I get out of the Grand Crus, I really, really enjoy the petits châteaux as well- and Peybonhomme Les Tours is among the better IMHO..
Good to see you posting again, Steen - hope you're well? I will have to seek out one of these to taste!
Thank you, Julian. I am okay, I guess, although I don´t feel absolutely healthy. Lets just say I surely feel that I am ageing and that I think it is going too fast for my taste.. pileon
I do expect to be posting more frequently this year, though, if not in the coming months then certainly towards year-end.
[cheers.gif]

Return to “Wine Talk”