Upcomming burg book from Bill Nanson?

I didn’t know this was comming:

http://www.amazon.com/Finest-Wines-Burgundy-Guide-Producers/dp/0520272013/ref=sr_1_24?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318063363&sr=1-24

Looking forward to this very much. I had the great good fortune to spend a couple of days with Bill in Burg in the spring and he is not just knowledgeable but insightful too. I’m confident this book will add very positively to the recent spate of Burg publishing.

I’ll buy a copy!
alan

+1

Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: University of California Press; 1 edition (February 13, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0520272013
ISBN-13: 978-0520272019

Oh very cool. Didn’t know about this at all. I’m in for a copy.

I’ll take one, too.

Wow, congrats Bill! No hardcover edition?

Pre-ordered. Thanks for the tip!

FYI it’s a bit less expensive on Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Bill-Nanson?keyword=Bill+Nanson&store=allproducts

Just climbed on the bandwagon.

Bump. I’m in.

I ordered mine from the UK. Should be here any day hopefully

And I have a copy right here. neener

So far, I am impressed. The bulk of the book takes a producer oriented approach similar to Charles Taylor’s “Great Domaines of Burgundy” but with a signicantly different set of producers, and no accusations of conflict of interest.

On the other board (UK Wine Pages, what did you think I meant?), Tom Blach raved about the chapter called “Enjoying The Wines, The Readiness Is All” which, amongst other things, emphasises drinking the reds very young or after 15 years, not in between. I agree with Tom’s plaudits.

Full acknowledgement of premox is nice to see too.

I still have much to read, so no formal review yet. Good stuff though.

Kindle edition?

A.

Nope, but the book is more trade paper sized, rather than coffee table sized. Carryable.

I may buy this too. Hard to mock something if you haven’t read it … and I love reading about things I can’t afford to purchase. [wink.gif]

Seriously, this looks like a good read.

Me too. Can’t wait to read it. Apparently, it has already been shipped to the British guys.

Probably not a buyer then.

A.

Just got word that this shipped from Amazon.