Favorite corkscrew RIP

“Then just now, as it must to all supermarket-bought tools, death came to Charles Foster corkscrew.” …

This was by far the most-used. The foil-cutter was brilliant, and I liked the extra-long screw. Years of faithful service. I will prolly buy another one.

We have one like this that stayed in the car as a backup for a few years. I needed a CS a few months ago and grabbed it from the car and have been using it ever since. The conveience of having all you need in 1 tool is nice.

wish I’d have moved it inside a long time ago.

One of the telling characteristics of a wine geek. The backup in the car. [cheers.gif]

Flashlight? No.
Flares? No.
Tire Pressure Gauge? Maybe
Corkscrew? Absolutely.

And a corkscrew you can bring on the plane with you!

A good corkscrew is a big deal.

When I was 21 I got a nice heavy steel framed rubber coated corkskrew with a pivoting head and a foil cutter blade from Oakville Grocer. Its really nice and solidly built. It’s still my go to opener. A really nice practical and affordable corkscrew can be hard to find. Sorry yours busted.

Make sure you pour libations for your dead friend.

Thank you, and others, for the kind words.

Yes, it was plastic and mass-produced. But it did yoeman’s service, and was a stand-up worker for manymanymany bottles.

My Laguille en Aubrac has been faithfully served me for many years. I keep another one in my suitcase for whenever I’m traveling. A lesser model travels in the car.