let's go the other way.. what do you think is the worst bottle in your cellar

Everyone likes to show their best… What do you think is the WORST bottle in your cellar?

According to CT scores…the mag of 2000 Behrens & Hitchcock Merlot I have.

My guess is the 1998 Ponderosa (New Mexico) California Zin that is lost somewhere.

I have a white wine blend from Baja Mexico…

2 buck chuck from 2003

Geez, my cellar isn’t very exciting haha…

I figured this was coming.
The lowest scoring bottle in my cellar, according to the CTers, is:

2001 Williams Selyem Pinot Precious Mountain at 85pts. I think this was penalized points for the stupid cost [emot-pwn.gif]

**Doesn’t account for the 20 or so bottles that have no CT rating.

A nice Blackstone merlot that has to be at least 5 years old… I’m holding it to add blind to the next tasting I have with PMC…

Someone (my mother?) gave me an '05 Verdillac (CT80). Given the year, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually tolerable.

The most controversial wine I have is probably 2004 Garretson Wine Company Syrah The Aisling, which Parker scored 92, WS score 80, CT score is 85, and which some number of CT users clearly think is crap based on their TNs.

Lowest on CT:
2005 M. Chapoutier Hermitage La Sizeranne - 75
2005 Domaine Guy Amiot et Fils Chassagne-Montrachet - 75
2006 Bosquet des Papes Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc - 80

They all only had one review…

I have an 06 Jessup Petite Sirah that someone gave me a few months ago. I don’t drink much PS and have no idea if this is actually any good.

It’s a tie: A 2004 Hazyblur Shiraz that I’m going to gift to someone I don’t like.

2008 Layer Cake Shiraz, recieved 3 of these from a friend who isn’t a wino as a gift. Average CT score is 82.5. I opened one bottle, the ct average is too high.

I’ve got a case of Garretson Rose (which is an alcoholic mess), this might take the cake.

lowest with a CT score: 2006 Wente Vineyards Riesling CT 83
although the Mrs. opened it last night to make a spritzer.

My guess for worst bottles without a score is:
2004 Vinatura Pinot Noir Willow Creek Dragon Vineyard

I think it was a quickly grabbed, token souvenir for my wife from her non wine drkinking girlfriends on a North Coast road trip.
I figure if I had to add in in CT and struggle to even find the winery online, it can’t hold too much promise.
Once she’s back to drinking, we’ll pop it and see for sure

My worst wine according to CT users is (with two votes for the same score by different people) 2004 Emile Chandesais Meursault

Lowest without my score being the only CT note:

2004 Meyer-Näkel Spätburgunder “S” (Germany, Ahr) 81.5 (Two Notes)

Good question…not sure what it is. We did plow through our remaining Behrens & Hitchcock wines will little success…and with not all of my wine in CT. Well I’ll to find out through research

Our bottle with the lowest CT rating is an '01 Ste. Anne Bandol that garnered a whopping 79 points.

But I’m sure we have way worse bottles than that.

Per cellartracker - 1999 B&H Alder Springs Cab CT75/MY75 but I know this is gone.

So next lowest is:

2002 Williams Seylem Weir Vineyards PInot at CT85

Ha! I’m the CT high score on that Garretson wine … 3 bottles have performed consistently for me … I don’t know what juice all the others have been drinking, but to me that’s an awesome wine. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

according to CT users it would be the 2007 Vina Robles RED4 Huerhuero at 82.3, although my 84 on that wine is pulling the CT score up a bit.

According to CT, its my 2004 Del Dotto Cave Blend.

Must’ve had too much fun at Del Blotto if I bought this…

That is rather suprising as I really like all the crazy stuff in the caves at Del Dotto. Granted, I didn’t have anything from '04 on our last vist four years ago.