Just Signed up for the "No Girls" mailing list.

Any other details beside what the e-mail/website mentions? Anyone tried (perhaps in barrel) these wines yet?

Link:

Text:

"Real Wine, No Tricks
No Girls is an intriguing collaboration between acclaimed Cayuse vigneron Christophe Baron and longtime friend and Cayuse general manager, Trevor Dorland.

The story is short and sweet. Basically, the wine spoke to them, and they listened.

The grapes come from the Cayuse La Paciencia vineyard, which means patience—appropriate since the project was ten years in the making. The vines are tightly spaced and planted on an angle, giving No Girls a personality all its own.

“Giving
No Girls
a personality all it’s own” These are serious wines, not Cayuse seconds. They’re focused and pure—food friendly creations that eloquently express the rocky terroir from which they spring.

Real Wine. No Tricks.

How to get some
The first two wines—a gregarious Grenache and scintillating Syrah—will be offered to the No Girls mailing list in February of 2012. If you want some, please sign-up for the mailing list quickly, as only 150 cases will be made of each.

Mailing list sign-up

Questions? Please Contact us."

got the email. unsubscribed.

I signed up. The offering doesn’t come out until Feb., so maybe some notes will come out by then. Am curious about pricing…

Why would anyone give a wine a name like this?

Because it’s a great name w/ (so far) good accompanying art that appeals to the intersection of wine and design nerds.

+1. Super retarded name. Scanned the email and then deleted immediately.

They give reasoning/history behind the name in the website. I think it sounds like a decent name for A release (i.e. like SQN does) vs. an actually winery- however I have never bought or not bought wine based on the name.

The name and image is kind of like the vibe that indie rock bands and blogs give off, which I am into and thus, the image and name I find appealing. Now if the wine isn’t good, then it really doesn’t matter, I won’t buy it. Quite frankly, if it had a brown paper bag label with typewriting, but was an amazing bottle of wine, wouldn’t you want to try and know about it?

A better link:

I think it’s funny that some would immediately assume the name is sexist without first looking for more information. Clearly, given the provided context, imho it’s ironically hilarious.

And regarding the wine, I’m incredibly stoked to try some…Christophe knows what he’s doing, that’s fo sho!

Read the backstory, terrible name.

Who said anything about sexism?

He read your mind! neener

another WA winery pimping jay miller scores in the email

unsubscribed and in the trash

yeah because Cali wineries NEVER pimp their high scores… pepsi

fixed

pileon

What are we supposed to do? No one here* is happy with JM as the WA critic since he doesn’t carry the credibility of RP or AG, but it’s what we have. You guys push your high scores. We push ours. One works with what one has…

*aside perhaps from the people who get the 99s and 100s

This just hit the inbox. A new project by Christope Baron & GM at Cayuse, Trevor Dorland. Two wines to be released 2/12. A grenache & Syrah. 300 cases. Interesting. I signed up.

Good point. It’s just like all the people who complain about stupid winery names like “Scarecrow,” “Goats Do Roam,” “Mollydooker,” “Sine Qua Non,” Domaine Dujac," “Vampire Vineyards,” “Mouton Cadet,” or even the absurdity we know as “Yellowtail.” Clearly, this name is just as silly and complaints to the contrary have nothing to do with immediately thinking it’s sexist in nature.

If you like Cayuse and the budget allows, give it a shot. If you don’t, than don’t.

If you need a politically correct label, buy Silver Oak.