TN: 2006 A.P. Vin Pinot Noir Clos Pepe Vineyard

• 2006 A.P. Vin Pinot Noir Clos Pepe Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Rita Hills - Sta. Rita Hills (8/5/2011)
    My wife and her friends opened this last night and only drank about 6 ounces with their dessert, so I drank it with a dinner of roast chicken, salad and potato salad this evening. Wonderful nose of red and black fruits and some spices. When tasted the fruits came thru with a rush, dark cherry, blackberry and some cola. Nice mouthfeel with very subdued tannins. Medium finish. Wonderful wine that probably benefited from being opened last night and resealed until this evening. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Robert. Thanks for the note! I really think (in general) most 2006 CA pinots are really drinking well right now…the slight tannins seem to have integrated to a real nice texture at this point. Speaking of Clos…I’m super excited about the AP 2010 version coming out this release as it’s the first version since 2004 that will feature 2 clones…115 and 667!

Andrew

Andrew,

Didn’t both clones share a truck ride up with Siduri fruit…thus assuring their quality? neener

Adam Lee
Siduri Wines

Here is an update on this wine:

• 2006 A.P. Vin Pinot Noir Clos Pepe Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (3/11/2014)
    Needs about a hour and half to wake up. Beautiful and deep notes of fresh black cherries, black plums, and wet soil. Cool and subtle fruit on the palate, medium weight, with a good deal of chalk infused acidity on the finish. Starts to flatten out by the third hour, however. Nonetheless, a very good wine that is drinking quite nicely at the moment. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker