Whats the best tasting wine you have had in the last 32 days?

for me: 2010 Zilliken Saarburger Rausch Auslese

You?

I was man enough to keep it to one wine so you can too

Jeez Berry one? That’s hard.

I won’t think too hard about what ‘best tasting’ means though i’m willing to bet we’ll be splitting hairs on it within about 5 posts.

I’d have to say 1998 Château d’Epiré Savennières Cuvée Spéciale was probably the most interesting.
It was certainly the best food pairing i’ve had recently - timing is everything.

1996 Dom P.

2001 Clos de Lambrays

I enjoyed a 2001 Charvin CdP (out of magnum, no less) around a campfire this weekend. It was sensational.

I’ll get the ball rolling.

1. “Yummy” vs. My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Choose your team.

[wink.gif]

Leclaire-Gaspard Blanc de Blanc Grand Réserve, Grand Cru á Avize, liquid rocks, more please!

2007 Numanthia Termanthia (although it may have been the 2006).

2003 Pavie [wink.gif]

Having spent 20 of the last 32 days on the road, the cellar has been out of reach. The best tasting thing I had is therefore pretty humble (and way outside of my normal drinking - you drink what’s in the market where you are at the price you can afford).

2007 Cap de Faugeres from 375 mL. Easy drinking and not cooked or corked - a winner!

Cheers,
fred

A no-brainer - 1999 Jacques Selosse Champagne Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs Brut

Lignier CdLR, 1991 from MAG. The nose of xmas spice was changing every snif. The finish of cherries, mushroom, five spice and leather went on and on and… I am lucky enough to have one more.

A barrel sample of Rivers-Marie Summa Old Vines Pinot Noir 2010. The likely to be SV designated Gioia Vineyard was close behind.

Berry says, and I quote: “I was man enough to keep it to one wine so you can too”

This has been an unusually sensational 32 days for me and I could name at least 7 “best” wines (and not even from the same event!) Can I name them? Please? [berserker.gif]

05 Bonaccorsi Larner Vineyard

Sorry, I can’t make exceptions

“Most delicous”

if this is too hard for anyone, this isnt the right thread for them.

Had this twice in the past 32 days and they were equally awesome. 08 Roulot Charmes.

Domaine de Chevalier 2005. Tasted blind, blowed my mind when I saw the label.

Does that count as two? [scratch.gif] neener

07 fourrier csj