Congrats Kevin Harvey

Very nice reviews in John Gilman’s latest report. Please send some wine down to Australia for Kent, Paul, Anthony and me!
Best Regards
Jeremy

Cool. Good for Kevin and team, and well deserved IMO. Way better than being featured in the Roadkill section.

Yes, after the grief he gets for some of his more critical reviews, nice to see such love for a good range of California wines, from Heitz to Rhys to Littorai to Mount Eden etc. Really loved the Rhys write-up, even though I’ve been following them since the beginning, I never knew the lengths they go through to ensure good barrels.

Cheers,
-Robert

Congrats to Rhys team!

And a bottle or two to NZ! Cheers Mike

Thanks everyone! And thanks John!
I always enjoy John’s in-depth writing and its great to see him focus on CA.

Yeah, but what a great story… to have begun in the roadkill section. BTW I just love John’s write-ups.

I was glad that John revisited Rhys a while back, as I was sure he would like what they’re doing. I had originally subscribed to View From the Cellar due the coverage of Loire and Beaujolais, neither of which are covered elsewhere to that extent, as well as Burgundy of course. The CA coverage now is certainly a bonus.

well deserved yay for Kevin and Rhys

here’s a mention of Rhys in the SF Chronicle 7/17:

I’ll be down in NZ in September and may be able to bring a bottle or two. I suspect I don’t have anything in a great drinking window (07/08 Alpine, 07/08 Horseshoe, 08 Bearwallow).

Hi Clavton, thank you for the offer. The only thing is that I will be in Italy 14th Aug to 17th Sept. If you are in NZ after the 17th we should get together. Will you be in Wellington? Cheers Mike

Hi Mike… dates at this stage are Sep 24-Oct 10, although unlikely to be down in Wellington (unless i pop down for the All Blacks v Canada match). Will let you know if i do end up there.

Clavton, I’ll be at that game. I get to Auckland so let us not count a meeting out. Will communicate closer to the time.